walker valley beats Cleveland

morris

I'm curious to know if this was an interesting game to watch.... 9 to 7 sounds like a boring football game, but then again, maybe it was a defensive battle...!?!

825398379[/snapback]

Boring yes. Cleveland defense played well. When your D holds to 9 points you should WIN. You sit in the stands and wait for the O to explode. We have seen them do it in a couple of ball games this yr.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering the same thing....Plummer is fast and can score from anywhere on the field. I think its just plan coaching...there has been rumors of Benny Monore coming back to coach...I sure hope he does.

825398365[/snapback]

Dont you think the game has probably past him by?? There are very good coaches on this staff. Something just doesnt seem to be "clicking". This was a better football team 4-5 weeks ago. What was the "statement" our kids tried to make by not shaking hands(classless)? Coach Brown should have made them come back out of the field house. That IS LACK OF COACHING, where is the accoutabilty?

Ok all I have been hearing is how BAD cleveland played! There hasnt been anyone on here give Walker Valley the credit they deserve. They give Cleveland credit for holding Walker Valley to 9 points? What about Walker Valley holding a faster Cleveland team to only 7. All I am askin for is to give these guys some RESPECT!

825398606[/snapback]

You want credit?? I give you credit...good job on holding Cleveland to 7 points! Good job on the the win your defense played very well(all defeneses play well against us expect for East Ridge and Bradley) Good luck Walker Valley!! thumb

Dont you think the game has probably past him by??  There are very good coaches on this staff.  Something just doesnt seem to be "clicking".  This was a better football team 4-5 weeks ago.  What was the "statement" our kids tried to make by not shaking hands(classless)?  Coach Brown should have made them come back out of the field house.  That IS LACK OF COACHING,  where is the accoutabilty?

825398508[/snapback]

I dont think the game has passed him by. Yeah Cleveland has a good coaching staff...but Coach Brown doesn't call any plays. Coach Collier calls all the plays on offense. Yeah that was Classless for Cleveland not to even shake hands. We should have more class than that. We have alot of pride at our school and for us not to shake hands really disappointed me when i see that. I say lets bring in a new Coach and coaching staff.

Ok all I have been hearing is how BAD cleveland played! There hasnt been anyone on here give Walker Valley the credit they deserve. They give Cleveland credit for holding Walker Valley to 9 points? What about Walker Valley holding a faster Cleveland team to only 7. All I am askin for is to give these guys some RESPECT!

825398606[/snapback]

They have a W why do they need anything else. I bet the kids at WV would rather have that then someone singing their praises on Coach T. If you had read the previous posts you would understand the direction in which the conversation was headed. This is more about trying to figure out what has happened to a decent football team. World beaters no - but a team that should not have 4 losses. The seniors on this team MUST step up.

I will give Walker Valley the credit it deserves. They came into Cleveland and wanted to win the game more than the Cleveland football team did. thumb It’s easily to play Cleveland, The Cleveland offense is so predictable that anybody knows Cleveland will run the ball until its 3rd and 8 or better. People stack the box and dare Cleveland to pass. The Cleveland coaches still pounded in between the tackles with no luck. The Walker Valley team played flawless football except for the fumble late in the 4th quarter. The only bright spot was the defense. Holding WV to 9 points when the offense couldn’t move the ball. The defense kept Cleveland in the game like at Brainerd and gave the offense a chance to win the game.

It’s do or die NOW. Win Cleveland is 2nd or lose its 4th and a date with Maryville who in my mind is the best team in the state any classification.

:blink::lol::huh:

We should want teams to dare us to pass. We have a decent passing game..but yet the coaches abandon the pass. For what reason..who knows. They have a good sophmore quaterback that has alot of potential. The problem with the offense is the O-line doesn't know how to block. Cleveland needs to run Will Plummer more, because he can score from anywhere on the field. Francis and Hampton are the powerbacks..they should run them on 3rd and short. Adam Derrick and Tim Beasly are decent receviers and should have the ball thrown to them more. The defense plays great...they give the offense lots of chances to score with good field postion...but all we do is get ourselves in 3 and long situations..and then we run on 3rd down..we need to start passing on 2nd down. There is alot of talent on both sides of the ball. Seniors please step up on friday..because i don't wanna go to Maryville.

I think this lost was the final straw for coach brown and some of the coaching staff as coaches for cleveland i mean for me bein a student at cleveland high school this was the last straw for me i mean first we get beat by red bank who is alright then chattanooga central who was not good at all now we get beat by walker valley a measly 3a school or whatever who plays nobody really i mean if i was the administration i would want to have some changes to the coaching staff for one i would get rid of coach brown and replace him for 2 idk if i would get rid of coach collier or not cause he's a good offensive coordinator but he needs to install a new offense or something or get his o-line to step up i mean when u have a qb with a lot of potential and with a arm like his u gotta throw the ball and we have good recievers but the coaches don't trust them or trust something all im sayin is something needs to click before friday and coach brown neeeds to straighten up his act or he'll be gone before he knows it cause theres no way were winning against maryville

Btw this is dyron pugh and i play baseball for cleveland

OK, CHSbaseball27, you all have not always been at the top of your game. For one it is not you decision to get rid of anybody, Coach Brown included. Walker Valley is not a measly school and they play everybody in their district just like us. Continue with your education and maybe one day you will become an administrator who has to make major decisions. I will agree with you in saying that some changes need to be made. Coach Brown is the "HEAD COACH" and everyone needs to understand that including his assistants and his players. He needs to be included in all decision making changes especially the football plays. You are contradicting yourself when you say that we have a good offensive coordinator, but he needs to install a new offense of somthing because we have the potential with the qb that we have. If he knows that then why do we need to install something different. Why don't the coaches trust the recievers. I think that Coach Brown's act is straight, maybe he needs to straighten up his staff and players. Don't always step on people when they are down, support them and help them to move up. GO RAIDERS!!!

It is time for a change...i dont care if it is the coach and his staff or if they get rid of that Wing-T offense. The Wing-T offense worked pretty good last year, because they had a good wingback...this year its just not working. Well if coach brown needs to act like the "HEAD COACH" and call his own plays. Coach Collier used to coach down at Chatt. Central....i personally think he lost the game on purpose...ok..it was 2nd and 10..we was winning with under 4 minutes left and coach collier calls a passing play and then runs on 3rd down so now we have to punt..and that sets up Central's game-winning drive. Something needs to change and it needs to change NOW!