Blackman vs Wilson Central

Blazer14

Well it all comes down to this! Winner moves on, and the loser goes home! It should be a good one Friday night at Wilson Central. It should have that playoff feel to it! From what I hear Wilson Central is pretty good this year. Blackman is young, but played well Friday night against LaVergne, so they should have some confidence coming into Friday night. Wilson Central got destroyed by U of R, but hey who hasnt? I know the Blaze for the first time all season is pretty much 100% healthy, but I havent heard about Wilson. Mimms played outstanding Friday night, and Kenny is finally running like the old Kenny. Cave played most of the way in the 2nd half against LaVergne and played very well. If Blackman can atleast throw a little bit it, it will keep Wilson from putting 8 or 9 in the box and Mimms can bust one at any moment. But Blackman is very young, and who knows how they'll handle the pressure of a big time game like this? But we'll see Friday night. My pick...

Blaze-24

WCHS-21

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a very good game. In reality it is a playoff game...it has all the same implications. Riverdale has played both teams in the last two weeks and this looks like a very even matchup.

The field at WC is in bad shape and could definitely be a factor in the outcome. A straight ahead runner like Kenny will be helpful. WC runs their offense well but should give up trying to pass.

Guest region4fan

Does the U of r play at Lavergne or at home?? If they play at Lavergne, you will see a field a lot worse that WC's....trust me on that. It was bad when we played them in week 2. After the Hooligans played in the mud after Siegel's win, it has to be in past pitiful stage. Tell THOMAShawk to tape those ankles and spat his shoes.

WCHS 31

BHS - 21

Wilson Central plays good defense. They do, however, not even worry about the pass, and the guys they have covering the pass get burned consistently. They also seem to have a good bit of problem against very speedy halfbacks.

Their kicker is weak. If it comes down to WCHS having to make an extra point, WCHS fans will be praying dearly.

They use about 4 different runningbacks. They have a speed guy, a power guy, and a more power but in between type of guy. They do run the ball pretty well, but they hardly pass. If they do, its usually a wably duck for an interception.

Overall, I have never seen Blackman play, but I know they almost got beat by Siegel and were given a fight by Oakland, so if WCHS plays their game at home, Blackman has no chance.

Whew, jet leg has gotten its mingly fingers around my neck. I have been in Arizona dealing with family business but it feels good to finally be back and be on coacht. Didnt get to see last nights game but if we put up 49 points, then i have no complaints. I agree that this IS a playoff game. The blaze are trying to get back to the playoffs after a one year absence. I think that the backfield of Blackman will be to much for WC to handle. When Blackman wins ( :lol: if you look back at a post i made a while ago then let it be known i said Blackman would make the playoffs) who will blackman have to play in the first round. I hope its not a long road trip. Ill post more as the week goes on.

HAHAHAAHA Florida lost to MSU, looks like Tennesse is starting to move the ball against Bama. Man i hope the Vols blow these guys out.

Whew, jet leg has gotten its mingly fingers around my neck. I have been in Arizona dealing with family business but it feels good to finally be back and be on coacht. Didnt get to see last nights game but if we put up 49 points, then i have no complaints. I agree that this IS a playoff game. The blaze are trying to get back to the playoffs after a one year absence. I think that the backfield of Blackman will be to much for WC to handle. When Blackman wins ( :D if you look back at a post i made a while ago then let it be known i said Blackman would make the playoffs) who will blackman have to play in the first round. I hope its not a long road trip. Ill post more as the week goes on.

HAHAHAAHA Florida lost to MSU, looks like Tennesse is starting to move the ball against Bama. Man i hope the Vols blow these guys out.

825396719[/snapback]

Winner of WCHS/Blackman plays Cookeville.

FYI, don't let WCHS fool you too much, they have given up less than 20 points a game :) BRING THAT BACKFIELD ON. :lol:

Believe me, with the last two years of supporting Blackman i have learned that no game is a gimmie. I just dont know much about WC except they cant throw.

The winner plays Cookeville? Man i remember 2 years ago Blackman went up to Cookeville in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It was raining cats and dogs out there. Blackman was down by 7 with fourth and goal in the 4th Quarter. Prince dropped back (even though Justin Amburgey should have been playing but for some reason in practice that week Ed Mays found the need to hit our starting qb and mess up his shoulder :lol: , ill let bhsoline clear all that up) and hit our tight end Stephens for a touchdown. We ended up winning in OT and i remember running on the field and i literally sank into the field due to saturation. Good times.

Now Tennessee is getting ran all over. I think this is going to be an interesting game. Bad spot on that call. :D

Edited by shady04

Guest region4fan

I think that this will be a close game. I also think that Coach Alsup has an edge b/c he has taken 3 teams in his tenure to the champ game. He also took Blackman to the playoffs their first year as a school. In fact he has made the play-offs every yr at Blackman except for last year. His team may be young, but they know what it feels like to continue the season, and WC doesn't. However, I have a huge respect for WC's coach. Those boys are a class act and a good representative of their school and county.

Blackman has Meredith back into the line-up. He has not been healthy this whole season, and this will be a huge bonus for BHS. I think you will find Mimms to be a huge thorn in your side.

I think WC has a fantastic team. They got whupped by the U of R and probably banged up some. How they handle the loss will be huge. BHS is coming off of a huge win against LAvergne. I think they will be ready. I am not ready to predict this one yet.....got to hear more about injuries.

this game will go down as the biggest game in WC history. the cats have a chance to make the playoffs for the first time. the key to the game will be if WC can contain mims. i think WC will be able to do this because other than their FB blackman really doesn't have any offensive weapons. WC was able to put riverdale into many 3rd and long last night and i think they will be able to the same this week. look for the cats to make wilson co. 2 for 2 on playoff spots. i hope everyone can come out to the game.