Southside Vs Lexington

reasons256

I was just reminding myself of a few weeks ago when all of you Southside fans were screaming "FIRE JERRY HAYES".  You guys remember doing that after the loss to Liberty don't you?  I would like to say congrats to coach Hayes for another excellent season and to his team for sticking with it through the toughest of times.  Even when your fans were screaming "FIRE JERRY HAYES" you guys continued to play hard and now after beating Crockett & McNairy yall have the opportunity to win a region 6-3A title.  Best of luck to you guys in the playoffs because I for one know that we stole a victory away from yall in last year's playoffs.

825402254[/snapback]

Not all of us Southside fans were screaming for Hayes to go. We just wanted him to let Coach Sterling turn to the second page of the playbook. Coach Hayes is a good coach and I speak from experience. But, he does have a tendency of being a little too conservative. He believes only three things can happen when you pass the ball, and two of them are bad. If you look at all of the better Southside teams the past couple of years, we had a stable of of good, big, strong backs. That is Coach Hayes' style. 3 yards and a cloud of dust. But since Douglas got injured, we don't have that big, bruising back to wear teams down.

So the Hawks just need to change their gameplan a little bit to put more points on the board. No risk, no reward. With our defense, even if a few turnovers were made, we have the ability to stop anyone and get the ball back. If Southside can score 14, I think we will be Region Champs.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lexington's last region title was in 87.

Is South Side's offense back to 100% yet or are there still injuries?

825402890[/snapback]

The Hawks offense will be without Douglas for the rest of the season and won't be 100% without him. He has had the worst luck with injuries and other stuff all season. I feel bad for him. He was a great asset to our offense and added a dimension we haven't had since he got hurt. But, we'll be alright, all our offense needs to do is score a few times, our defense will take care of the rest.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• This scenario resonates with the dynamics observed in my hometown of Hartsville. The undue influence of politics on high school sports remains a pervasive issue, detracting from the integrity of athletic programs.  The proliferation of individuals driven by a thirst for power inevitably precipitates the downfall of any program. It appears that we are currently grappling with similar challenges akin to those faced by Greenback. Please accept my condolences for your ordeal.
    • From what we are hearing on the reservation we will be lucky to beat sunbright. And trust me I am not throwing stones at them because they play their hearts out. It’s a tuff game every year, just like Oakdale but when you have small numbers that’s what you get. And then you add in that you loose two top linemen and the starting qb!!!! Along with a running back!  We are in deep trouble. 
    • The coach's departure ensued due to the absence of backing from the board members, compounded by the unsettling revelation that one board member persistently surveilled him, verging on conduct akin to harassment. Furthermore, it appears that meeting the expectations of this community remains an unattainable feat, as even a hypothetical scenario of clinching five consecutive state championships would likely not suffice to quell discontent. The current situation is fraught with complications, primarily stemming from applicants for the position who have cultivated relationships with board members known to have opposed the former coach.
    • Yes it big when you only have 30 players last year and that is counting 8th graders it is huge!!!!!!! And this year they are starting a middle school team and the 8th graders will be on it. Until their season is over. That is a plus to having a K-12 school. The eighth graders can play on high school football. And yes we have used them a lot in the past few years. 
    • Was the Coach fired? I thought I had read here or somewhere that he had elected to leave himself and pretty sure some folks on here had already been eluding to his departure well in advance of him actually acknowledging it. Or did the principal can him and then in turn get canned him/herself for this action?  From the sounds of it, i don't know if this or the Clinton situation is more of a mess.