The Tale of Christian Brothers Football

RolllTideRolll25

Lately, CBHS has looked rather shaky. After starting the season 4-0, by beating quality teams, CBHS has been hindered by the injuries of starter after starter and they also have suffered the loss of starting senior QB Brock Ross. After three loses in a row, MBA, Fr. Ryan, and now McCallie, the Purple Wave's fans and everyone who watches high school football seem to have lost all hope. Well that's where everyone is wrong. Senior QB Brock Ross quiting has definitly affected the team, but after the offensive production of Sophomore QB John Michael Skinner, the Purple Wave's offense looks back to normal. Star linebackers, Chris Mosby and Chris Walker, suited up against McCallie for their first games in weeks. Their impact was tremendous in the game. CBHS was the better team out there. They dominated the Blue Tornadoes defensive attack, and took a 14-6 lead into halftime. Four crucial mistakes in the third quarter cost CBHS the game. Blown coverage on the first play of the game, set up a short TD run for McCallie. Two bad decisions on the kickoff return team led to great field position (McCallie got to start their drives inside the redzone) and a 41 fg and a short td. At this point still somewhat early in the third quarter, the score was 24-14. Then on CBHS's next possesion, on fourth down, the snap was way over the punter's head resulting another offensive drive starting in the redzone. Stupid, stupid mental special team mistakes cost CBHS the game. The score makes it look like McCallie whooped up on the Purple Wave, but I think they know as well as I know that CBHS is a dangerous team. Everyone will be counting CBHS out against MUS, but I'll tell you this WATCH OUT! Mus is a huge rival, and maybe the best team in D2 ball right now, but CBHS has the ability to defeat the Owls. If they minimize their mistakes and play fundamentlly sound football, the Purple Wave has a great chance of upsetting MUS. Plus, if CBHS beats MUS, the Purple Wave gets the #3 seed in state. Mus would finish (2-2) and so would CBHS forcing a tiebreaker. CBHS would win the tiebreaker because of beating MUS head to head. If CBHS loses to MUS and Baylor wins, CBHS will finish 6th in the state, and have to travel to Chattanooga to take on Baylor. Yeah, I know your probably thinking to yourself: "Yeah right, CBHS has no chance of beating MUS." All I have to say is Watch Out. This is one of the biggest rivalries in high school football in Memphis, and believe me this will be one of the greatest games of the season. It's only six days away, GET READY.

Lately, CBHS has looked rather shaky.  After starting the season 4-0, by beating quality teams, CBHS has been hindered by the injuries of starter after starter and they also have suffered the loss of starting senior QB Brock Ross.  After three loses in a row, MBA, Fr. Ryan, and now McCallie, the Purple Wave's fans and everyone who watches high school football seem to have lost all hope.  Well that's where everyone is wrong.  Senior QB Brock Ross quiting has definitly affected the team, but after the offensive production of Sophomore QB John Michael Skinner, the Purple Wave's offense looks back to normal.  Star linebackers, Chris Mosby and Chris Walker, suited up against McCallie for their first games in weeks.  Their impact was tremendous in the game.  CBHS was the better team out there.  They dominated the Blue Tornadoes defensive attack, and took a 14-6 lead into halftime.  Four crucial mistakes in the third quarter cost CBHS the game.  Blown coverage on the first play of the game, set up a short TD run for McCallie.  Two bad decisions on the kickoff return team led to great field position (McCallie got to start their drives inside the redzone) and a 41 fg and a short td.  At this point still somewhat early in the third quarter, the score was 24-14.  Then on CBHS's next possesion, on fourth down, the snap was way over the punter's head resulting another offensive drive starting in the redzone.  Stupid, stupid mental special team mistakes cost CBHS the game.  The score makes it look like McCallie whooped up on the Purple Wave, but I think they know as well as I know that CBHS is a dangerous team.  Everyone will be counting CBHS out against MUS, but I'll tell you this WATCH OUT!  Mus is a huge rival, and maybe the best team in D2 ball right now, but CBHS has the ability to defeat the Owls.  If they minimize their mistakes and play fundamentlly sound football, the Purple Wave has a great chance of upsetting MUS.  Plus, if CBHS beats MUS, the Purple Wave gets the #3 seed in state.  Mus would finish (2-2) and so would CBHS forcing a tiebreaker.  CBHS would win the tiebreaker because of beating MUS head to head.  If CBHS loses to MUS and Baylor wins, CBHS will finish 6th in the state, and have to travel to Chattanooga to take on Baylor.  Yeah, I know your probably thinking to yourself: "Yeah right, CBHS has no chance of beating MUS."  All I have to say is Watch Out.  This is one of the biggest rivalries in high school football in Memphis, and believe me this will be one of the greatest games of the season.  It's only six days away, GET READY.

825396540[/snapback]

Stats are great and almost is okay if your playing horse shoes.

The name of the game is winning.

Good Luck with the Owls!

How can you say that CBHS was the better team. In the first half CBHS came out and was practically flawless in their play calling. The TD to the McCallie receiver was not a blown coverage it was a good receiver beating an average safety and corner and making an easy catch from the McCallie QB.

McCallie is the #1 seed b/c they make better adjustments and capitalize on other teams mistakes. They may not be the best team in the world but they have overcome many things. If CBHS was the better team then they would not have made the mistakes that you mentioned.

Give McCallie some credit. They did what they had to do to force the Brothers hand.

There is no doubt that CBHS is a very dangerous team and will give MUS all they want. What Brothers team will show up?

Edited by shannon

How can you say that CBHS was the better team.  In the first half CBHS came out and was practically flawless in their play calling.  The TD to the McCallie receiver was not a blown coverage it was a good receiver beating an average safety and corner and making an easy catch from the McCallie QB.

McCallie is the #1 seed b/c they make better adjustments and capitalize on other teams mistakes.  They may not be the best team in the world but they have overcome many things.  If CBHS was the better team then they would not have made the mistakes that you mentioned. 

Give McCallie some credit.  They did what they had to do to force the Brothers hand. 

There is no doubt that CBHS is a very dangerous team and will give MUS all they want.  What Brothers team will show up?

825397015[/snapback]

Again gentleman. Figures don't lie and lairs don't figure.

The name of the game is to win, its the only stat that matters. Mccallie did the same as Father Ryan, they beat CBHS.

Lately, CBHS has looked rather shaky.  After starting the season 4-0, by beating quality teams, CBHS has been hindered by the injuries of starter after starter and they also have suffered the loss of starting senior QB Brock Ross.  After three loses in a row, MBA, Fr. Ryan, and now McCallie, the Purple Wave's fans and everyone who watches high school football seem to have lost all hope.  Well that's where everyone is wrong.  Senior QB Brock Ross quiting has definitly affected the team, but after the offensive production of Sophomore QB John Michael Skinner, the Purple Wave's offense looks back to normal.  Star linebackers, Chris Mosby and Chris Walker, suited up against McCallie for their first games in weeks.  Their impact was tremendous in the game.  CBHS was the better team out there.  They dominated the Blue Tornadoes defensive attack, and took a 14-6 lead into halftime.  Four crucial mistakes in the third quarter cost CBHS the game.  Blown coverage on the first play of the game, set up a short TD run for McCallie.  Two bad decisions on the kickoff return team led to great field position (McCallie got to start their drives inside the redzone) and a 41 fg and a short td.  At this point still somewhat early in the third quarter, the score was 24-14.  Then on CBHS's next possesion, on fourth down, the snap was way over the punter's head resulting another offensive drive starting in the redzone.  Stupid, stupid mental special team mistakes cost CBHS the game.  The score makes it look like McCallie whooped up on the Purple Wave, but I think they know as well as I know that CBHS is a dangerous team.  Everyone will be counting CBHS out against MUS, but I'll tell you this WATCH OUT!  Mus is a huge rival, and maybe the best team in D2 ball right now, but CBHS has the ability to defeat the Owls.  If they minimize their mistakes and play fundamentlly sound football, the Purple Wave has a great chance of upsetting MUS.  Plus, if CBHS beats MUS, the Purple Wave gets the #3 seed in state.  Mus would finish (2-2) and so would CBHS forcing a tiebreaker.  CBHS would win the tiebreaker because of beating MUS head to head.  If CBHS loses to MUS and Baylor wins, CBHS will finish 6th in the state, and have to travel to Chattanooga to take on Baylor.  Yeah, I know your probably thinking to yourself: "Yeah right, CBHS has no chance of beating MUS."  All I have to say is Watch Out.  This is one of the biggest rivalries in high school football in Memphis, and believe me this will be one of the greatest games of the season.  It's only six days away, GET READY.

825396540[/snapback]

dont get too far ahead of yourself... one things in the back of mus' minds right now and thats 34-7, are you trying to give them more motivation?

dont get too far ahead of yourself... one things in the back of mus' minds right now and thats 34-7, are you trying to give them more motivation?

825404028[/snapback]

I hear what your saying- but again, winning is the deal.

All most don't mean much.

Special teams are part of it.

Offense production?

What were they going to do down 16 points, run up the middle?

They had to throw a lot to try and get back in the game. The yardage looks good but the points werent there.

If CBHS losses to MUS they play Brentwood.

Not Baylor.

At least thats my understanding.

You may be right and time we tell.Anything can happen but MUS looks to be the much better team.I'm sure a blow out want surprise anyone.