McMinn Lady Cherokees

blackandgold

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well Devon Stiles is out 4 the season on account of a torn ACL. They have 2 senior starters. They will most likely have 3 sophmore starters. Niala Harris is a sophmore to watch out for. They also have Juice's sister, Shawnda who can take u off the dribble or hit u w/ a pull up jumper. They have Chelsey Davis who is a shooter. She can pop the 3 rite in ure eye!!! They have Leah Frazier and Amy Jo Castor who can give them some help from the bench. They dont have that much depth but they are going to be ok this year altho they are a young team. I dont know how Coach Quirk is going to do. Coach Williams did a pretty good job but i dont know how prepared Quirk has them.

The Lady Cherokees do have a good group of young players with Harris, Smith, Davis, et al. The Lady Cherokees also play in a district and region that really has only Cleveland serving as genuine challenge. Therefore, they will probably finish second in the district and then second in the region, which will lead them to a substate game on the road. Thus, all of this could equate into a state tournament trip for them. I am of course speculating way too far, and committing the ultimate offense of, in a sense, ranking high school basketball teams, but the chances of this taking place as I have suggested do seem quite likely.

P.S. - There is no Amy Arnwine, which, despite her sheer athletic ability, will benefit the team. The loss of Devon Stiles is unfortunate for the team, if for nothing else than experienced depth and some solid scoring, but I don't believe that in the end it will truly keep them from reaching their potential.

Edited by atn301

:) Thats' one of the best jokes I've heard all year. The season has barely started and you already have McMinn in the substate. Grow a brain will ya! It's just like always- everyone forgets about the mountain girls from Jet Country(Crossville). We have been in the substate I believe four of the past six years.

Need I remind everyone about how many players we have back? Good luck to everyone anyway even if I think you are wrong.

Go Jets and Lady Jets!!

The loss of Devon will hurt the Cherokees, and now the word is that they have lost another senior. The Toomey girl has turned in her uniform evidently, leaving Boyd and H. Brown as the only seniors with a group of sophomores. Lady Tribe better halt the loss of players now or they will have to start bumping up a bunch of freshmen.

:huh: Thats' one of the best jokes I've heard all year. The season has barely started and you already have McMinn in the substate. Grow a brain will ya! It's just like always- everyone forgets about the mountain girls from Jet Country(Crossville). We have been in the substate I believe four of the past six years.

Need I remind everyone about how many players we have back? Good luck to everyone anyway even if I think you are wrong.

Go Jets and Lady Jets!!

825444063[/snapback]

If you would read the quote, Senor Max, you will learn that I was not putting them into the substate. I, being a human being, don't have such powers. It is mere speculation. I have a brain, and trust me, I am no McMinn fan. I am aloof at best.