5A Move & New High School

Rebel Nation

Since it's a slow week, here's two questions that persist and could provoke healthy convo.

Question 1: When, if ever, will Maryville move into the 5A ranks? I'm in no more rush for it to happen than the next Rebel fan, but it WILL happen eventually. When, what's involved, who are our new foes, what does it mean academically...discuss.

Question 2: Because Maryville will eventually have to move to 5A, how much longer is it before there are two High Schools in the Maryville City limits? The high school is already crowded, so it's a given a new schools coming, right?

I doubt both schools would be 5A (mybe a 5A and a 3A), but most likley, with the way Maryville's growing , this is in our future too. How much longer, what class do you see the new school being, what's a good mascot for a new school, who's gonna coach, the questions are endless.

Guys, theis is merely for speculation. Open your mind up and let it breathe on these subjects. What say you?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dmoyers1, I can tell you there will be a major uproar if there is ever a second high school proposed in the Maryville City School System. People want one high school period. I have been told the high school may eventually have seperate wings for all 4 grades. Basically, 4 small schools located on the same campus. I think the seniors already have their own seperate wing.

No doubt we will be 5A very soon. I thought it would happen during this re-classification period.

Go Rebs.

Yet the questions persist stars. I don't want it happening either man, but this city is busting at the seams AND GETTING BIGGER.

I like the 4 seperate wings idea. But, with no room to even give our opponents a decent sideline box, where are we gonna find the room for all that? The current buildings would have to be torn down and the new ones would have to go skyward.

Since I mentioned the field, let me ask you. Is there a TSSAA rule against play clocks in high school stadiums? That would be a nice addition to ours. We're alos gonna need a new championships sign for the scoreboard.

Did you go to the West game? I really like their seating in the endzones. That would be a nice add too, but you get back to the no room issue.

Sorry to break away from the rebel theme here but imagine 2-3 years from now. Will be a new school next county over. combo of Faragut, karns, and Bearden. Could easily open up as a large 3a but probably a 4a school. When that happens very easily could also drop Far. Karns and Bearden back to 4a. That will affect the region faster than any thing. Thats a senerio to ponder on.

Sorry to break away from the rebel theme here but imagine 2-3 years from now.  Will be a new school next county over.  combo of Faragut, karns, and Bearden.  Could easily open up as a large 3a but probably a 4a school.  When that happens very easily could also drop Far. Karns and Bearden back to 4a.  That will affect the region faster than any thing.  Thats a senerio to ponder on.

825400823[/snapback]

Also an interesting thought bdog. Might even help level the playing field for schools who are struggling right now, like Bearden. That goes on the premise that Farragut is stealing lots of Beardens kids though. That's the only way I know to explain Beardens collapse lately.

Also an interesting thought bdog.  Might even help level the playing field for schools who are struggling right now, like Bearden.  That goes on the premise that Farragut is stealing lots of Beardens kids though.  That's the only way I know to explain Beardens collapse lately.

825400829[/snapback]

Bearden's colasp is another story. But it will be interesting to see this new program develop. Truth is though they will probably play a few years of JV before a varisity schedule. so may be next reclassification before anyone has to worry abput it.

Yet the questions persist stars.  I don't want it happening either man, but this city is busting at the seams AND GETTING BIGGER.

I like the 4 seperate wings idea.  But, with no room to even give our opponents a decent sideline box, where are we gonna find the room for all that?  The current buildings would have to be torn down and the new ones would have to go skyward.

Since I mentioned the field, let me ask you.  Is there a TSSAA rule against play clocks in high school stadiums? That would be a nice addition to ours.  We're alos gonna need a new championships sign for the scoreboard.

Did you go to the West game?  I really like their seating in the endzones.  That would be a nice add too, but you get back to the no room issue.

825400812[/snapback]

Dmoyers1 steps have already been taken to slow growth in the city, as well as all of Blount County. If any future space is needed for MHS expansion, they will simply comdemn needed property.

I agree we need more stadium space. Not being able to find a seat at 6:30 is a good problem to have, but they need to address the seating issue. We could lengthen the stadium a little on both ends. I would like to see chairbacks added in the reserved section like, they have at Valdosta and raise the price. Maybe they could add rows and make the "Skeeter" higher.

Go Rebs.

We've already kinda shot ourselves there. We built that new building (for band I guess) behind one endzone and well, we all know what's behind the other endzone. This might sound Crazy, but I think we should put seating on top of that new (band) building.

I hope the growth doesn't stop completely....I need to get moved back onto city limits first :ph34r::lol:

We should all be happy Maryville is growing. As difficult as it is to see your old home town change, it's for the best and it'll bring us convenience we do not have. With that comes more folks, no matter how many steps are taken. It's inevitable bro. I'm not trying to argue with you...I just think it's an inevitability.

Stars might have a better number, but I'd think 1500 max...I might be wrong though.

According to the info on the TSSAA site regarding reclassification for 2005, Maryville enrollment is listed as 1,351. This is tied with Humboldt for the largest school in 4A. Rather strange that this is a higher number than the first four schools listed in 5A.