Make Bowling a true Winter Sport

bowlindog

As many of you know Bowling is split between the fall and winter sports season. I would like to know what the thoughts are of making it a winter sport only!

825401176[/snapback]

Technically you can't! I mean the bowling season is the longest of any high school sports and the fact is it streches out from Sept. to like Feb. It's hard to fit it into a winter sport, because it is so long.

Technically you can't! I mean the bowling season is the longest of any high school sports and the fact is it streches out from Sept. to like Feb. It's hard to fit it into a winter sport, because it is so long.

825404411[/snapback]

This years season did not start until September 28th thats nearly two months after school starts and football, girls soccer and golf is in mid season and basketball does not begin until the End of October. Looking at the districts in the state there are not that many bowling teams with the exception of our district (10 teams) still there is enough time to play district games and a few outside games during the winter months even till March when basketball is over. ( I know the bowling seson ends in Feb.) This allows a player from the fall sport to compete in winter sport without missing games. I think the TSSAA is considering making it a winter sport I just hope they can get the timing worked out.

I would imagine they want to have the state meet well separated from the basketball and wrestling ones, which would overshadow it otherwise.

825405331[/snapback]

I guess I am looking at it from players point of view. many schools (such as ours) have to wait till the fall sports teams finish, and some bands to finish competitions before we get a full regiments of players. i just wish they would make it sport that falls in the winter season. Thanks for the thoughts.