voting on midstate teams

Guest hottbobb

Guest hottbobb

Bob says,

Can anyone tell me who nominates prep players for the allstate teams? Seems to me that players are, a lot of times, selected by:

1. If they are in AAA division

2. If they are seniors

3. If they are familiar names

4. What they have accomplished over the last few years rather than just the current year

I would like to offer another solution:

The top 10 finishers, in all 3 divisions, both boys and girls, send to the voting committee resume's starting Nov. 1, of the previous year. after completion of the state tournament and ending Nov.1 of the voting year, after completion of the state tournament. Also to be considered, would be players who didn't make it to the state tournament, like the young man who shot 59 and another who won everything but his regional. Have i got my hat on backwards?

Bob

Edited by hottbobb

Bob says,

Can anyone tell me who nominates prep players for the allstate teams?  Seems to me that players are, a lot of times, selected by:

1.  If they are in AAA division

2.  If they are seniors

3.  If they are familiar names

4.  What they have accomplished over the last few years rather than just the current year

I would like to offer another solution:

The top 10 finishers, in all 3 divisions, both boys and girls, send to the voting committee resume's starting Nov. 1, of the previous year. after completion of the state tournament and ending Nov.1 of the voting year, after completion of the state tournament.  Also to be considered, would be players who didn't make it to the state tournament, like the young man who shot 59 and another who won everything but his regional.  Have i got my hat on backwards?

Bob

825404878[/snapback]

I agree, good players that don't make it to the state tournament should be considered.

deepwoods

Edited by deepwoods

• 3 weeks later...