Div. II Mr. Football

DelTavian

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, those of us who play care but nobody else seems to unless you live in Nashville. I hear that Nashville privates are respected. Don't know but have heard that. Here in Memphis, you are nothing if you play for a private school, UNLESS it is Christian Brothers or one of the 11 AAA big money schools. Even the other ones in the Div11 AAA don't get noticed as much . In Memphis, money does the talking.

Since you asked nicely, how about Barry Turner for lineman, and Courtney Braswell for back.

...and regarding BA v. MBA, while I agree that "most prestigious" is odd wording, Comcast is showing this game in six states tonight, and it was picked as the national spotlight game of the week by USAToday last season, so it is a big game.

825406422[/snapback]

And they are from where???? :ph34r:

Del.

I don't see any clear-cut leaders.

Offensively, no QB is burning it up. The most productive offensive players are guys like a Braswell (Baylor) or Hilt (McCallie) or Lawhorn (MUS).

Defensively, I have even less of a clue. Like the teams in the league, there is a lot of balance amongst the players this year (i.e., no one like a Corey Mills from CBHS last year stands out).

Edited by rollredroll

Michael Oher from Briarcrest and Joe Birdsong from MBA would also be good choice for lineman.  (They, too are rated on Rivals)  As RRR said, there is no back really tearing it up in DII this year, so I'd vote for Braswell based on his career.

825406456[/snapback]

Braswell ? Are you kidding me? He doesnt even start for his own team. Cooper , a sophomore, starts.

Braswell ? Are you kidding me? He doesnt even start for his own team. Cooper , a sophomore, starts.

825406544[/snapback]

LOL...

He was hurt and did not play when your team played Baylor. Good break for you, trust me. He has started for three years at Baylor.

He is back now, and you may see him next week. If you have to tackle him, you won't forget him again.

Edited by itzme

LOL...

He was hurt and did not play when your team played Baylor.  Good break for you, trust me.  He has started for three years at Baylor.

He is back now, and you may see him next week.  If you have to tackle him, you won't forget him again.

825406717[/snapback]

I remember Braswell's sophomore year. He had 300 yards rushing versus MBA in the regular season on not many carries. While MBA held him relatively in check in the playoffs later that year, I have always held my breath when he has carried the ball since then.