Jeff Co. Patriots

HEATHHELTON

Jefferson County High School basketball is a unique situation. First off, they are crammed within one of the worst pockets of competition in the state as well as in the South. The days of glory for Morristown and Greeneville are basically over. The teams of Northeastern TN may win a title every ten years, but Memphis is a hotbed for talent for the entire nation. The East will never conquer the West. It's still nice to see such outstading athletes compete on the court and in life. People like Parker Clement and Jeff Jennings don't come around every year ability wise, but they do come around concerning genuine character. Parker was a remarkable young man, and even though I didn't get to see him play that much, I always heard of the great things that he did for the school and community while fulfilling his personal education objectives. Jeff was the same way. This is what Jefferson County basketball is all about. They put guys on the floor who see the true picture. Coach Sinard picked a group of young men that he felt would represent the county, and its different communities with pride. So what if they lose a few games this year. As long as the young men keep their lives together in the classroom and represent the Patriots with pride, winning will not be essential. Rick knows this, and it is his number one goal of coaching basketball. Lay off of the man for doing the kids justice. They will reap the benefits of this season and the comradery formed through playing their guts out on the hardwood. Let this be yet another lesson to the WINNING AT ALL COST minded individuals of Jefferson County. As long as the kids are working hard and learning the essentials of life, I will not slander Coach Sinard. I respect him for what he does.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic