Smyrna 41 Lincoln County 6

jabbo

It was actually a good game until the 2nd half...14-0 at the half with Smyrna's second score coming as time expired. Then they came out in the third quarter pumped up and we were pretty much flat, other than some individual efforts. Our only touchdown came in the 4th quarter as we fumbled into the endzone and managed to fall on the ball before it rolled out of the endzone. I kinda figure that Smyrna wanted to play Riverdale again ALOT more than we did. And actually, if Smyrna has a real good night and Riverdale has a not so good night the Bulldogs could beat the Warriors.

Falcons, I'm proud of y'all - all the experts were predicting a losing season and a fight for fourth place in the region - y'all played hard enough to end up 6-5 and 2nd in the region...not bad for what was pretty much a total rebuilding year. Just wait 'til next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was actually a good game until the 2nd half...14-0 at the half with Smyrna's second score coming as time expired.  Then they came out in the third quarter pumped up and we were pretty much flat, other than some individual efforts.  Our only touchdown came in the 4th quarter as we fumbled into the endzone and managed to fall on the ball before it rolled out of the endzone.  I kinda figure that Smyrna wanted to play Riverdale again ALOT more than we did.  And actually, if Smyrna has a real good night and Riverdale has a not so good night the Bulldogs could beat the Warriors.

Falcons, I'm proud of y'all - all the experts were predicting a losing season and a fight for fourth place in the region - y'all played hard enough to end up 6-5 and 2nd in the region...not bad for what was pretty much a total rebuilding year.  Just wait 'til next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

825419284[/snapback]

Congrats to Smyrna, they just whipped us tonight that's for sure.

What a prize, now you get to play Riverdale next week, lol.

I do disagree with you jabbo on one thing though, If Smyrna had a very good night and Riverdale has a not so good night, it might be about 28-7 Riverdale, but I don't think that it will be anywhere that close of a game.

No sour grapes here at all, like I said Smyrna was by far the better football team tonight. We fumble and give them the ball on our thirteen yard line to set up their first score, and then they score as time expires to end the first half and it was pretty much over at that point because we came out to start the second half about as flat as I've ever seen a L.C. football team. We also had trouble excuting the snap (twice) and a simple handoff to the full-back on a third and one, couldn't really tell what happened on that one but, this far into the season that shouldn't happen.

We have a ton of Sophmores coming back next year along with a good incoming soph. class so things should improve much better next year. :D

Guest region4fan

great season < Falcons. Nothing to hang your head down for.

GO DAWGS.....................glad to see a huge win. Now get ready to march into THOMAShawk and show them you deserve to be there.

How did Orona#7 do?

Smyrna came in ready to play, which is more than I can say for our Falcons. They hung in there for the first half. The turnover bug bit the Falcons often in this game. They just couldn't get anything going. We were just out manned in this game. Smyrna was just the more experienced team bar none. Smyrna has 2 really good players, but I just don't think the bulldogs will have enough to slow down Riverdale. I haven't been around to see many high school football teams this year except for those that came to the pit and the ones that impressed me most were Riverdale and yes, Hazel Green Al. Riverdale would have to have an extremely off night and Smyrna would have to play a perfect game to pull the upset. With that being said, a perfect game may not even be enough. Good Luck to you Smyrna against Riverdale.

Keep your heads up Falcons! This was a rebuilding year and you finished second in your region. You were just young this year. You don't have anything to be ashamed of thumb

Guest region4fan

When Smyrna played rdale before, they had a diferent DC and a whole different defense. They have proven they can win the tough game and one down to the wire. I think Smyrna will give them a game. I think Rdale not playing anyone to the wire will hurt them just like it did LC last year.

I think Rdale not playing anyone to the wire will hurt them just like it did LC last year.

825419404[/snapback]

I understand your logic but have to respectfully disagree with you region 4 fan. Lincoln County lost to the eventually state runner up. From what I saw tonight, I just can't see Smyrna proposing a problem for the Warriors. No disrespect to Smyrna, it is just my honest opinion :D