Coalfield over Unaka 35-7

krichunaka

Come on Storm, Oneida was in the red zone twice and didn't score and could have scored on the last drive but we decided to let our young guys get some experience. The score could have been much worse than it was. I don't think Region 2 is overrated, from 1-4 I think they have the best teams in the stae, and could win at least 2 games against any other Region when they are matched up. CAK, Region 2 #5, could have beat Cloudland or Unaka.

825419892[/snapback]

Are you kidding, you were in the red zone twice and got stuffed. Watch your game film. You caught a good pass on 4th down, not taking anything away from you but your team will suffer defeat on down the road. thats just the cold hard facts. There are no state powerhouses in Region 2.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krich, you are wrong. Geographical disadvantages is just another one of your lame excuses why Unaka is a losing program. I can count the number of students that played football on 2 hands that were from N.C. since 1989 and only 3 of them were actually superstars. I've heard this garbage long enough. It isn't true. If you want to be the top team in Carter Co. then work to be the best and quit making your lame sissy boy excuses. You all had your share of transfers this year.

There was aphantom holding penalty called against us on #24 on a play that we scored on. Watch the film it was one of the worst calls I've seen since I've been watching football, he pushed the guy with one hand and they called a holding penalty. And another call that was contoversial at best was when Rhyne

Douglas #20 ran over a boy on your all's sideline and scored and they called holding on one of our WRs, you couldn't really tell on the film though. Not taking away from you all but we dropped three passes in the end zone when we were within the 10 so you all didn't stuff us there either. The only time you all got close was the long pass when we screwed up on coverage and when we fumbles and you all recovered so let's not talk about offenses getting stuffed :angry:

Krich, you are wrong.  Geographical disadvantages is just another one of your lame excuses why Unaka is a losing program.  I can count the number of students that played football on 2 hands that were from N.C. since 1989 and only 3 of them were actually superstars.  I've heard this garbage long enough.  It isn't true.  If you want to be the top team in Carter Co. then work to be the best and quit making your lame sissy boy excuses.  You all had your share of transfers this year.

825421257[/snapback]

No excuses intended Storm. Just in case you didn't know (since you said you're from North Greene on another thread, remember? :( ) but there are many, MANY teams on Tennessee's thousand miles-plus boarder. Even Jellico. Whether they have across- border transfers or not, it IS an advantage. Get over it.

As to the Cloudland example, this wasn't intended to ruffle your Thanksgiving Turkey feathers. I, and many others have stated, and numerous times, that the Cloudland Dynasty was praiseworthy; thanks so much to good coaching and hard-work during the off-season and regular season. Lighten up, Sir. Someone's probably going to mistake you for "King" or someone from Cloudland. :( You are from North Greene, right? :angry:

I seen that someone said region 2 was overrated & that Unaka beat themselves. I do think other than Jellico, Unaka was one of the weakest teams that we have played (physically). If I remember correctly Jellico was the only team that we lined it up & smaked them in the mouth with the running game this year. But 1 whole drive on Unaka Friday night was all running with a mix of MPG & Brandan Davis. Unaka had 2 pretty good runners the RB & FB they ran the ball well but couldn't throw the ball at all.

Region 2 is full of good ball teams

will they win State no they cant compete

with Boyd,DCA,CPA or teams like that. But I

tell u one thing Boyd will know that they have

a fight on there hands.

Congrats to all Region 2 teams with there wins Friday.

There was aphantom holding penalty called against us on #24 on a play that we scored on. Watch the film it was one of the worst calls I've seen since I've been watching football, he pushed the guy with one hand and they called a holding penalty. And another call that was contoversial at best was when Rhyne

Douglas #20 ran over a boy on your all's sideline and scored and they called holding on one of our WRs, you couldn't really tell on the film though. Not taking away from you all but we dropped three passes in the end zone when we were within the 10 so you all didn't stuff us there either. The only time you all got close was the long pass when we screwed up on coverage and when we fumbles and you all recovered so let's not talk about offenses getting stuffed  :D

825421552[/snapback]

You guys did a lot of holding that didn't get called so that kind of evens it out. But don't get offensive, you all were the better team and we shook hands. You all won so theres no need to defend yourself on here. I even hope you beat Greenback, so lets leave it at that.