Columbia Play Day

Lions Den

only two that can score??  lol

wake up!  it's preseason for one...  Loretto led both games they lost in by 12 at one time before subbing in 2nd string....  remember that statement...  "loretto has only 2 that can score"

825422319[/snapback]

Actually, 3 can score and if the coach would use a couple of the juniors and a couple of sophmores to cause a spark you would see some runs on the scoreboard. It is not fair for the kids to have to play 3 on 5 but due to seniority and keeping some parents happy that is the way the cookie is going to crumble. It is preseason, but the way things look she has done picked her line-up and her subbing and nothing will change until next year. But maybe they can win anyway, the playday at Shelbyville will show what kind of coaching they have considering the teams they are going to be facing are tough.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TIDEHASTURNED, My Gosh, give the coaches and players a chance. It's pre season, there arent REAL GAMES for 2 to 3 more weeks. It's ppl like u that b**** all year long and get EVERYBODY involved upset off from the beginning. Try supporting the team, and quit 2nd guessing EVERYTHING. Best I can remember, the job was open a couple years back. If you feel sooo strongly about how things are run, then you should've taken the team when the job was open. If you have a kid on the team that isn't getting to play then get them out in the yard, or in the gym more and let them earn the playing time. I didn't get to make it to the Play Day this past Saturday, but I was told, that when the 2nd string was put in, that for the most part, it was the most UNORGANIZED, YOUTH LEAGUE looking thing that has ever been seen. So give me some names of who EXACTLY you think should be starting in place of older players. On 2nd thought, just give me your kids name, and that will say it all, b/c thas all it boils down to anyway. It doesn't make any difference, and I know I'm wastin my breath, but please dont get on here and be DESTRUCTIVE to the WELL-BEING of the team anymore this season. It's better if EVERYONE stays positive. And..... last but not least, even if you find it necessary to get on the boards and be NEGATIVE, and drag the entire team down, please refrain from making comments like ,"only 3 players can score", as you did in your previous post!! I know someone from another school made the comment only 2 could score, but from the way you talked your a Loretto supporter, and you have no business making comments like that about girls off your team. Blast the coach if that makes you feel like a BIG PERSON, b/c both of the coaches are grown adults, and can handle IMMATURE NEGATIVITY but hold your fire when it comes to the players!! Because your comment was basically saying that 3 players on the ENTIRE team was all that could score, and in case you dont know, many girls, and their parents probably view these boards, and like I said, that'll be what ruins the season, plus that comment is FAR from the truth. So quit sippin on your SOUR GRAPE SODA, and try some LADY MUSTANG PRIDE JUICE!! UM UM, MUCH TASTIER!!

BEST OF LUCK TO THE LADY MUSTANGS THIS SEASON!!!!

-sportzer1 A.K.A "TRUE" LADY MUSTANG SUPPORTER, NOT BASHER!!

LEND ME SUM SUGAR, I AM YOUR NEIGHBOR!!!

TIDEHASTURNED, My Gosh, give the coaches and players a chance. It's pre season, there arent REAL GAMES for 2 to 3 more weeks. It's ppl like u that b**** all year long and get EVERYBODY involved upset off from the beginning. Try supporting the team, and quit 2nd guessing EVERYTHING. Best I can remember, the job was open a couple years back. If you feel sooo strongly about how things are run, then you should've taken the team when the job was open. If you have a kid on the team that isn't getting to play then get them out in the yard, or in the gym more and let them earn the playing time. I didn't get to make it to the Play Day this past Saturday, but I was told, that when the 2nd string was put in, that for the most part, it was the most UNORGANIZED, YOUTH LEAGUE looking thing that has ever been seen. So give me some names of who EXACTLY you think should be starting in place of older players. On 2nd thought, just give me your kids name, and that will say it all, b/c thas all it boils down to anyway. It doesn't make any difference, and I know I'm wastin my breath, but please dont get on here and be DESTRUCTIVE  to the WELL-BEING of the team anymore this season. It's better if EVERYONE stays positive. And..... last but not least, even if you find it necessary to get on the boards and be NEGATIVE, and drag the entire team down, please refrain from making comments like ,"only 3 players can score", as you did in your previous post!! I know someone from another school made the comment only 2 could score, but from the way you talked your a Loretto supporter, and you have no business making comments like that about girls off your team. Blast the coach if that makes you feel like a BIG PERSON, b/c both of the coaches are grown adults, and can handle IMMATURE NEGATIVITY but hold your fire when it comes to the players!! Because your comment was basically saying that 3 players on the ENTIRE team was all that could score, and in case you dont know, many girls, and their parents probably view these boards, and like I said, that'll be what ruins the season, plus that comment is FAR from the truth. So quit sippin on your SOUR GRAPE SODA, and try some LADY MUSTANG PRIDE JUICE!! UM UM, MUCH TASTIER!!

BEST OF LUCK TO THE LADY MUSTANGS THIS SEASON!!!!

-sportzer1 A.K.A "TRUE" LADY MUSTANG SUPPORTER, NOT BASHER!!

LEND ME SUM SUGAR, I AM YOUR NEIGHBOR!!!

825425374[/snapback]

Dear Loretto Fan:

Maybe you are a little to sensitive and overreacting to observations made about a team, (do you have a starter out there?). I do not have a child playing. I was commenting on the scoring threat that Loretto has which is Stone, Cross, and Birdyshaw, mas1821 left one of those out. Your comment on the 2nd string looking unorganized and like a youth league is pretty harsh if you are a complete team supporter or maybe you support just a few of the players, the 2nd string is part of the team also and maybe their parents have read your post. I do not berate players or name names or numbers of players who are playing. I am free to post my thoughts on here whether they agree with your thoughts or not, like you said it is preseason and maybe some things can be fixed quick, I would like to see them make it back to the boro this year, because they do have the potential.

Dear Loretto Fan:

Maybe you are a little to sensitive and overreacting to observations made about a team, (do you have a starter out there?). I do not have a child playing. I was commenting on the scoring threat that Loretto has which is Stone, Cross, and Birdyshaw, mas1821 left one of those out. Your comment on the 2nd string looking unorganized and like a youth league is pretty harsh if you are a complete team supporter or maybe you support just a few of the players, the 2nd string is part of the team also and maybe their parents have read your post.  I do not berate players or name names or numbers of players who are playing. I am free to post my thoughts on here whether they agree with your thoughts or not, like you said it is preseason and maybe some things can be fixed quick, I would like to see them make it back to the boro this year, because they do have the potential.

825426239[/snapback]

w

I left one out?? I didn't state any! I know very well that a number of loretto players can score... And I agree 100%/ the starting 5 that was displayed in columbia! I would do different things w/ them if I was coach, but i'm not... But one thing that has to be worked on is free throws... This is the easiest aspect to learn in the game of Basketball... Make them shoot till they can't feel their arms if you have to... My perspective at least... That part of Loretto Lady Mustang's ball has to improve from the Columbia Play Day! I look for one girl in particular to really shine this year coming off the bench. Should be a good year!

TIDE HAS TURNED:

That's fine! Get on here and try to sugarcoat things and make yourself smell like a rose. All I wanted was you to quit bashing the team. Just to let you know, I'll not reply back to another one of your post after this one, b/c your too SIMPLE-MINDED to even be able to discuss something with. However, it seems funny to me, that you made the comment up in your 2nd to last post saying, "only 3 could score, and it wasn't fair for LORETTO to have to play 3 on 5, but b/c of seniority that is how it was going to be this season." REGARDLESS, of what WARPED THINKING YOU HAVE, THAT IS.... TALKING OBVIOUSLY about the 2 other starters the coach chose to put on the floor Saturday. So.... dont' get on here and lie and say you dont talk about the players b/c God and EVERYBODY ELSE could figure out what you meant by that post. Humm, there is only 2 other starters that you didn't name, and they'd both be SENIORS!! WELL, that's not exactly brain surgery for the young ladies and their parents to figure out who your talking about when you say seniority!! And, I didnt' say the Junior Varsity was youth league, or terrible, or whatever it was you accused me of. If you'll scroll back up and read, I said that is what I was told. For some unfortunate reasons, I couldn't make it to the Playday at Columbia, so I'm not commenting one way or the other. Also, I"m not a parent of a starter. I did see some of the Sophmores, and Juniors last season that I, and EVERYONE else who reads this knows your referring to, and they looked very UNORGANIZED, and NOT READY FOR HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL. I"m very sorry if that offends any of the players or parents!! I dont mean it in a hurtful way, and I AM DEFINITELY a TRUE LADY MUSTANG SUPPORTER from the top of the line up, to the ones that never hit the hard wood. So... believe what you would like, I just wanted to clear myself up from where you'd attempted to make me look like "the bad guy." Good luck with all your bit***N, moanin, and whinin. Maybe eventually somebody will hear you that actually cares, and you might get your way. have a great nite there Tide!! thumb ;)

TIDE HAS TURNED:

That's fine! Get on here and try to sugarcoat things and make yourself smell like a rose. All I wanted was you to quit bashing the team. Just to let you know, I'll not reply back to another one of your post after this one, b/c your too SIMPLE-MINDED to even be able to discuss something with. However, it seems funny to me, that you made the comment up in your 2nd to last post saying, "only 3 could score, and it wasn't fair for LORETTO to have to play 3 on 5, but b/c of seniority that is how it was going to be this season." REGARDLESS, of what WARPED THINKING YOU HAVE, THAT IS.... TALKING OBVIOUSLY about the 2 other starters the coach chose to put on the floor Saturday. So.... dont' get on here and lie and say you dont talk about the players b/c God and EVERYBODY ELSE could figure out what you meant by that post. Humm, there is only 2 other starters that you didn't name, and they'd both be SENIORS!! WELL, that's not exactly brain surgery for the young ladies and their parents to figure out who your talking about when you say seniority!! And, I didnt' say the Junior Varsity was youth league, or terrible, or whatever it was you accused me of. If you'll scroll back up and read, I said that is what I was told. For some unfortunate reasons, I couldn't make it to the Playday at Columbia, so I'm not commenting one way or the other. Also, I"m not a parent of a starter.  I did see some of the Sophmores, and Juniors last season that I, and EVERYONE else who reads this knows your referring to, and they looked very UNORGANIZED, and NOT READY FOR HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL. I"m very sorry if that offends any of the players or parents!! I dont mean it in a hurtful way, and I AM DEFINITELY a TRUE LADY MUSTANG SUPPORTER from the top of the line up, to the ones that never hit the hard wood. So... believe what you would like, I just wanted to clear myself up from where you'd attempted to make me look like "the bad guy." Good luck with all your bit***N, moanin, and whinin. Maybe eventually somebody will hear you that actually cares, and you might get your way. have  a great nite there Tide!! thumb  :D

825427062[/snapback]

Yee Ha! you guys are good. I didn't think Lorretto looked all that bad myself. Don't know names but I liked 23. Anyway keep it up this is good for you guys to vent.