Ty Cody/Chad Turner win 1st Collage Match

rigger101

What are the details?

[right][snapback]825422745[/snapback][/right]

Southern Conference rivals UNC-Greensboro and The Citadel, as well as perennially strong teams from Duke and James Madison. Also in the mix will be Division II UNC-Pembroke, Division III Washington & Lee, and NAIA Campbellsville (Ky.).

[i][u][b]157lb[/b][/u][/i]

Chad Turner DEC Cedrick Turner UNC- Pembrook 11-7

Ty Cody WBF Benn Riggs, Washington and Lee F 0:38

#1 Kevin Ward DEC Chad Turner 14-6, Turner was leading and made Freshmen mistake.

Ty WBF Raymond West, UNC Pembrook 3:56

Ty VS Chad , Turner Forfits Rib Injury!

Congrats to all of these guys...there were a few other Tennessee boys who competed this weekend.

David Wipperman (Citadel) was also in the VMI and i believe he got himself a win at 165.

Darren McKnight placed 3rd at 149 at the Eastern Michigan Open this weekend.

I'll be keeping a close eye on Campellsville!! I love the fact that Coach Franky is doing a lot of recruiting in Tennessee. As a former wrestler of his, i have to tell you guys that anyone that wrestles for him gets great training and they are all lucky individuals! Go get 'em guys!!

walkenvol, correct me if I'm wrong.  I think I heard you say this past Saturday that Spencer Manley went 3-2 in the Eastern Michigan Open at 141.  Not a bad start by another true frosh from TN.

825426459[/snapback]

Those kids in the Military Acad have my total respect! Good luck to Spencer. Class Act! What weight Class is he going?