How good is Stratford/ Eric Orr

oneandonly

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not fair to compare him to Harris because of different positions, roles, and styles but this kid could be special. He will play D1 as I know Austin Peay is very interested in him at this time. Stratford will go as he goes. He will most likely always have a bad matchup because of his versatility. He doesnt always seem to play hard, that could be his biggest knock.

He ended up joining the TN Dreams AAU club and played with them in a few exposure events during July and got some incredible evulations

I saw Joe Lackey destroy that kid @ sub state in aau he must have dropped 30 on him then he got ejected

825428098[/snapback]

Eric must've been sick or hurt. Sorry, moosey, but Joe ain't even CLOSE to this Bad Boy! When Quan and Zoe hook up after football, watch out for Stratford. Hope everybody stays healthy. Good luck, guys!

Oneandonly,

In my opinion, Eric just needs a tough coach that loves him. He has copped attitudes in the past. Who hasn't? Some people/coaches find it hard to overlook but, if I was a college coach, I'd definitely take a chance. He has a lot of upside and should be given a chance. He's a very nice kid to talk to, respectful and, when he's serious, can dominate a high school game. Again, in my opinion, an experienced mentor that's not 'part-time' would be a good addition to his life and game. Ultimately, though, it's up to him to make good choices.

Oneandonly,

In my opinion, Eric just needs a tough coach that loves him.  He has copped attitudes in the past.  Who hasn't?  Some people/coaches find it hard to overlook but, if I was a college coach, I'd definitely take a chance.  He has a lot of upside and should be given a chance.  He's a very nice kid to talk to, respectful and, when he's serious, can dominate a high school game.  Again, in my opinion, an experienced mentor that's not 'part-time' would be a good addition to his life and game.  Ultimately, though, it's up to him to make good choices.

825432975[/snapback]

Well I think Coach Winrow is tough on his players and does a good job of teaching life lessons. Saw him saturday in a scrimmage and offensively he is a very tough matchup, but defensively did not play as hard as he should have. He was actually benched a few times for lack of effort.

I meant absolutely NO disrespect to Statford's coach. I'm sure he has enough on his plate doing the high school thing. But, as I'm sure you know, Eric and tons of other kids like him have a gift from God. Sometimes it's exploited, sometimes it's not even used. Eric is no different than Henry, I'm guessing, and look what Henry did and continues to do. I just wish a college coach that can spend the time and resources would give him a chance. When there's money on the line (i.e., scholarships), the accountability of players and coaches takes on a new meaning. I hope I don't see Eric down the road and he's disappointed at not "making it" because of attitude/lack of effort.

• 1 month later...