What weight is Dunning

Spike1

I wonder if Irish Dad realizes just how smug he comes across?  At least you have the Mister part right when you refer to Manson.  That young man commands respect via his work ethic.  Whenever I read one of Irish Dad's posts he reminds me of those two goobs from the Sonic commericals.  Maybe someone could come up with a pro wrestling name for Manson as well.  The Whitt vs. The Manster.  Just joking Irish Dad.  I'm not laughing at you, just near you..lol.

825431193[/snapback]

The Irishdad Smug??? No not smug I am beloved. How does honestly relating a conversation in my front yard make me smug. If you like I will introduce you to the Whitt and you can feel all warm and smugly.

I never said anything derogatory about Cory. I do respect his work and his abilty. But if you look at tha start of this thread Whitt was suspected of avoiding Cory and that is just no the case.

And feel free to jump on the I don't like the Irishdad band wagon. I have big shoulders. Plus I like the Sonic commercials and their onion rings. Thanks for the LOL I soooo need it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, even when he's running the clock! 

Oh come on, I was just kidding, but I couldn't resist.

Irishdad adds a lot of color to the sport and bulletin board material, I'm sure.

825431761[/snapback]

FOR THE LAST TIME...LET THE CLOCK THING DIE!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE IT IMPACTED HAS...EVEN IN HUMOR IT IS POOR FORM!!!!!!!!

Edited by irishdad

Yes, Whit did control the match against Manson in the state finals last year, but noone has worked harder than Manson this summer. He has worked hard on his technique, strength, and will be the most conditioned wrestler in the State of TN this year because of his relentless work ethic. With this, combined with his mean and killer instinct atitude, he will be hard to beat. Whit is very good, and yes right now, Whit is ontop of Manson, but if you disagree that a Manson and Dunning match will be a good match-up than you are just plain wrong. Good luck to both wrestlers and let it be decided on the mat rather than with a bunch of old wash-ups on CoachT.com.

Back to the point of this thread, Dunning ducking Manson. You say no one has worked harder than Manson? Dunning hasn't exactly been on the couch eating chips all year. It is almost certain that Dunning has worked just as hard, if not harder than Manson. Dunning is clearly not ducking Manson. He has nothing left to prove to the state. He's done it all on the state level with two state championships. Last year people talked in the same way about how Manson would beat up on Dunning. If I remember the closest their state finals match ever got was when the match started at 0-0. Dunning and Manson have wrestled four times now, I believe, and the score is 3-1 in favor of Dunning. Basically, you have nothing to back up your arguement with. Dunning is done with Manson. If Manson wants to regain back his status as being as talented of a wrestler as Dunning, then HE has to go and get him. It is all up to Manson. If he wants to challenge Dunning, then let him go after him. Dunning has nothing more to prove to anyone in state. Nationals wise....that's a different story...

Back to the point of this thread, Dunning ducking Manson.  You say no one has worked harder than Manson?  Dunning hasn't exactly been on the couch eating chips all year.  It is almost certain that Dunning has worked just as hard, if not harder than Manson.  Dunning is clearly not ducking Manson.  He has nothing left to prove to the state.  He's done it all on the state level with two state championships.  Last year people talked in the same way about how Manson would beat up on Dunning.  If I remember the closest their state finals match ever got was when the match started at 0-0.  Dunning and Manson have wrestled four times now, I believe, and the score is 3-1 in favor of Dunning.  Basically, you have nothing to back up your arguement with.  Dunning is done with Manson.  If Manson wants to regain back his status as being as talented of a wrestler as Dunning, then HE has to go and get him.  It is all up to Manson.  If he wants to challenge Dunning, then let him go after him.  Dunning has nothing more to prove to anyone in state.  Nationals wise....that's a different story...

825431805[/snapback]

I never said that Dunning does not work hard, Dunning's success must have rooted from somewhere, and I also never said that Dunning is ducking Manson. If you look back throughout the thread, all I said was that, a Dunning vs. Manson match would be a great match to see this year. Also, Manson's total record with Dunning is 3-3 with Manson getting one pin; this is including freestyle matches, which is a wrestling match, too. Although, to Whitt's credit, he has defeated Manson when it counts, but becuase I never said that anyone is ducking anyone, yall need to send those remarks to the right people, instead of irrationally responding because your favorite wrestler's feelings are hurt. I hope this match happens this year because it will truly be a great one to watch. But I do agree with you, as I have already said earlier, Whitt has defeated Manson when it counts, and so Manson is the one with something to prove not Whitt. Therefore, it is Manson's responsibility to go after Whitt, not the other way around, but because of these new weight certification rules, a wrestler can not go below a certain weight. So this issue is complicated, but this thread is solving nothing, and everyone should just let the matches happen. Good luck to both wrestlers and if the match happens, everyone there will be privaledged to watch such a great fight.

Cbg,

I don't know why you get the idea that Coach Morgan would not wreslte Father Ryan in a dual meet. I am sure that he would. In the past Baylor is the team who has attempted to schedule dual meets with only the toughest teams, one of them being Bradley, but certain team declined the offer. Morgan is a not afraid to lose a dual meet because of pride. He wants to get his wrestlers experience. Oh and just as a side note, Schaack isn't exactly afraid of you either.

No no no

I cant remember Baylor ever wrestling Ryan, MBA, BA, etc (Nashville Private schools) in the regular season. They hope to remain undetected until the State Duals and yes, it usually works out well for them, but what a cheap move. Can you imagine the excitement of a Ryan, Baylor, and MBA tri meet on a Friday night. They should do this for three years, rotate the home team, and see what happens...

But then again, what am I thinking. Baylor wouldnt do that unless MBA or Ryan promised to re-draw their out of bounds lines 5 feet closer to the center. That way, they would always be near the edge and wouldnt have to work so hard to get there.

Edited by stovepipe