What weight is Dunning

Spike1

No no no

I cant remember Baylor ever wrestling Ryan, MBA, BA, etc (Nashville Private schools) in the regular season. They hope to remain undetected until the State Duals and yes, it usually works out well for them, but what a cheap move. Can you imagine the excitement of a Ryan, Baylor, and MBA tri meet on a Friday night. They should do this for three years, rotate the home team, and see what happens...

But then again, what am I thinking. Baylor wouldnt do that unless MBA or Ryan promised to re-draw their out of bounds lines 5 feet closer to the center. That way, they would always be near the edge and wouldnt have to work so hard to get there.

825433692[/snapback]

Out of the past four years, Baylor has won three state traditional titles and two state dual titles. I would say they do just fine with the boundraries where they are. Its only natural to try to bring down the best, but these claims are just false. Baylor's stalling stereotype is unorginal and not true.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They hope to remain undetected until the State Duals and yes, it usually works out well for them.

825433692[/snapback]

I know what they have won. I said it usually works out for them. Now that they are "on top" why dont they come to Nashville and defend their title? B/c they hope to hide and remain undetected. Ever wonder why a Baylor wrestler has a 36-2 record by the State tourney? Because they wrestle SCRUBS.

Edited by stovepipe

Stovepipe....yup...scrubs.....Soddy Daisy, Notre Dame, Parkview, Ga., McEachern, Ga, Cleveland, McCallie, McCallie Tournament...and this year Collins Hill too.

825434594[/snapback]

I would have to agree that while Baylor does not go to Nashville to wrestle Duals or the Ryan Tournament they do wrestle some very good teams. You don't see the Memphis teams traveling to Chattanoga or Chattanooga to Memphis. But for the most part the McCallie Tournament will have most if not all of the above teams in it.

Even though they have won and show signs of another winning year they cannot deny the fact that most of their wrestler are taught to wrestle the edges and hold onto leads. Its painful to watch and I have to say that you dont hear people pointing to Ryan or McCallie as stallers or wrestling the edges, frankly I don't hear it about any other school. You can have a winning program and still have very little class. I have seen their coachs not shake wrestlers hands at Baylor/McCallie matches and at others and think that shows no class at all. Win, lose or draw where I am from you stick out your hand, its a sign of respect. All the kids have earned that.

Stovepipe....yup...scrubs.....Soddy Daisy, Notre Dame, Parkview, Ga., McEachern, Ga, Cleveland, McCallie, McCallie Tournament...and this year Collins Hill too.

825434594[/snapback]

dear attack, there only reason this "stereotype" came to be and that is because it is true, especially in nuetral position. I believe that the Baylor coaches tried to teach the wrestlers to wrestle on the edge in case they are introuble. They have gotten a lot better with the strategy though with plenty of practice.

Spike- you obviously have no clue what kind of tradition and class Coach Morgan and Schack instill in their wrestlers year in and out. No program is without their blemishes but these two coaches are some of the tops in our state, and I believe they will have another great season this year. It has been well documented why Baylor wrestlers and coaches chose not to shake hands until the end of a match for a number of years: it means a lot more to both sides when the wrestler is not out of breath and shaking hands because he has to. look forward to a good season

I would have to agree that while Baylor does not go to Nashville to wrestle Duals or the Ryan Tournament they do wrestle some very good teams. You don't see the Memphis teams traveling to Chattanoga or Chattanooga to Memphis. But for the most part the McCallie Tournament will have most if not all of the above teams in it. 

Even though they have won and show signs of another winning year they cannot deny the fact that most of their wrestler are taught to wrestle the edges and hold onto leads. Its painful to watch and I have to say that you dont hear people pointing to Ryan or McCallie as stallers or wrestling the edges, frankly I don't hear it about any other school. You can have a winning program and still have very little class. I have seen their coachs not shake wrestlers hands at Baylor/McCallie matches and at others and think that shows no class at all. Win, lose or draw where I am from you stick out your hand, its a sign of respect. All the kids have earned that.

825434666[/snapback]

I've never seen a Baylor or a McCallie coach decline to shake a wrestler's hand, and I can't imagine a coach from either school intentionally failing to shake hands with anyone, including a wrestler from the other team, even if that wrestler stalled, wrestled dirty, wrestled from the edges, etc. I've been to the last four Baylor/McCallie matches and many others in prior years, and have never seen such a thing occur. At what Baylor/McCallie matches did you supposedly see this happen?

and you guys think I am sensitive...Geesh.

They both stall and sit on leads and the both wrestle near the circle to try and get out of mistakes that can be made with moves that are dangerous. The beat us at the duals two years ago by stalling on Nick Myers and a last minute move in the edge. He was not very smart for letting it happen but it did. and it cost us . BUt you guys can rave and rant all you want but it happens paryticularly in Chattanooga. . The do not shake hands after the match at Baylor..bad form. They also will not come to Nashville to wrestle neither does Christian Brothers it seems that they do not want to show what they got.

On the other side of the coin we travel with our cross town rival MBA all season long. Heck we even share the bus with'em.

irishdad if your talking about when McCallie won the Duals to years ago against Father Ryan...your saying that Spencer Manley stalled..or "played the edge" against Nick Myers....i was there also sitting on the side of the mat....and this was not the case AT ALL...first of all Spencer was a two time state champoin and had no reason to stall against Myers...second of all he didnt...he pinned him...and as for chattanooga teams stalling....i know baylor is known for stalling but guess what IT WORKS APPARENTLY....and onp the other hand McCallie wretlers are not taught to stall at all...and if you ask most poeple they will tell you that we dont....and yes we do come to nashville for the Father Ryan tournament....

irishdad if your talking about when McCallie won the Duals to years ago against Father Ryan...your saying that Spencer Manley stalled..or "played the edge" against Nick Myers....i was there also sitting on the side of the mat....and this was not the case AT ALL...first of all Spencer was a two time state champoin and had no reason to stall against Myers...second of all he didnt...he pinned him...and as for chattanooga teams stalling....i know baylor is known for stalling but guess what IT WORKS APPARENTLY....and onp the other hand McCallie wretlers are not taught to stall at all...and if you ask most poeple they will tell you that we dont....and yes we do come to nashville for the Father Ryan tournament....

825435838[/snapback]

I am talking about that very match and I am glad I live in America where you have the right to your version. I am not taking anything away from Manleys abilities or accomplishments. But I know what I saw. and yes he did pin him right on the edge did a great job on the edge. . And stalling does work for wrestlers who lack the ability to out right win. The ability to wear down the other guy as he repeatedly shoots does give the staller an advantage. My humble opinon on stalling is that it is for wrestlers who do not have the skill to win

And yes you were fortunate to enjoy the hospitality of my Beloved Irish and I believe you even made it to second place if memory serves me. Cody and Justin taking first in their respective classes. Cody winning best match Good showing. I hope you join us again this year.

on the same subject I do admire that you come to Nashville. Baylor and CBHS do not. I mean we go to wrestle the Brothers at there Duals shouldnt they come play with us???

CYA @ Collins Hill

Yes, Baylor will be at the Collins Hill Duals this year. Father Ryan travels more than any team I've heard of in Tennessee, but that is just the way coach Simpson does things. He goes to where competition is. This works for him. However, coach Morgan tends to stay away from duals and tournaments that sport all of the big teams. He likes to keep his line up under cover until the state tournament. This works for him. Both him and Pat Simpson have numerous state and dual titles under their belts. Let us look at what is being bickered about on this thread. Two different coaching styles, two different coaches. Both have winning programs. Hmm....