camden beats Huntingdon

milan05

Good post.  I will agree with everything that you said.  Just remember these seniors went through the 2 years of getting put out in the first round.  You better believe they aren't overlooking anybody, so Camden bring your "A" game because the Mustangs will be ready.  Also, you better hope that you have your best game and Huntingdon makes mistakes because otherwise the result won't be any different than the first meeting.

825439388[/snapback]

Just found out that Huntingdon is still on our schedule for next year...

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me understand this logic...Huntingdon rose to the top by osmosis... they were always at the top, they never had to play though adversity or never had to start a building block process...they were just automatically good. They never lost to anybody twice in a season. They won every playoff game they ever played. They have never experienced "lean" years.

That is what I have gathered from several posts.

On the other hand, Camden had to start somewhere, there have been several lean years, there has been adversity and we have lost playoff games as well as regular season games. We have not had the experience in the playoffs H'don has had.

Reality....H'don had to go through what we are going through now. You weren't automatically where you are now. Your boys "earned" it just as we are in the process of earning "ours". All I am saying is don't think it can't be done...it can be...you proved it yourselves.

Yeah...you might not be real worried...but you are thinking about it...you "KNOW" its possible...you know it could happen.  WHY?...because you did it to someone else and you know it can happen to you!

"Just don't overlook us" you ain't at the Boro yet.

"GO LIONS" you've already made this fan proud!

Good Luck to both teams! B)

825439321[/snapback]

It was 1994 before Huntingdon ever won a playoff game.

Camden has to start somewhere???????

Lord, they have been STARTING for 75 years now!

And it will be the same next year!..... and the year after that, ........and the year after that.....and the year after that........ and so on and on and on and on....

TSSAA didnt save you from this region.... they threw you to the wolves across the river B)

825439337[/snapback]

Win a State Championship and you're a dynasty to be feared forever....lol

What is that...One in a row?.....lol

To quote an earlier post " ain't skeered"....lol

It'll get  ugly before it gets pretty.  That's why this rivalry is so great!  Everyone gets pumped before the game.....the coaches, the players, the fans....  It gets everyone's adrenaline going!  And I do believe Camden will miss some of our old rivalries we had going in West TN.  Huntingdon will stay on the schedule though I'm sure!

825439366[/snapback]

How is Camden/Huntingdon a rivalry and Camden hasn't beat Huntingdon since 1992, and the result won't change come this Friday. The run stops here for those Lions. Good season though Camden.

Good post.  I will agree with everything that you said.  Just remember these seniors went through the 2 years of getting put out in the first round.  You better believe they aren't overlooking anybody, so Camden bring your "A" game because the Mustangs will be ready.  Also, you better hope that you have your best game and Huntingdon makes mistakes because otherwise the result won't be any different than the first meeting.

825439388[/snapback]

Appreciate your reply Stangfan. Glad to see some class. We know we need our A game and know you guys will be ready too. I do hope its a mistake free game on our part because that only increases our chances.

GO LIONS! thumb

Let me understand this logic...Huntingdon rose to the top by osmosis... they were always at the top, they never had to play though adversity or never had to start a building block process...they were just automatically good. They never lost to anybody twice in a season. They won every playoff game they ever played. They have never experienced "lean" years.

That is what I have gathered from several posts.

On the other hand, Camden had to start somewhere, there have been several lean years, there has been adversity and we have lost playoff games as well as regular season games. We have not had the experience in the playoffs H'don has had.

Reality....H'don had to go through what we are going through now. You weren't automatically where you are now. Your boys "earned" it just as we are in the process of earning "ours". All I am saying is don't think it can't be done...it can be...you proved it yourselves.

Yeah...you might not be real worried...but you are thinking about it...you "KNOW" its possible...you know it could happen.  WHY?...because you did it to someone else and you know it can happen to you!

"Just don't overlook us" you ain't at the Boro yet.

"GO LIONS" you've already made this fan proud!

Good Luck to both teams! :P

825439321[/snapback]

48 Poncho.. Good story here. Several years ago a McKenzie fan asked their coach why the Huntingdon players were bigger and better than their players. The coach replied," when you have skinny bulls and skinny heifers you get skinny calves". Yes Huntingdon has had some lean years and Mansfield once had a 1-9 season. Over the last 10 years we've won 109 games. Get your caculator out. All time winning % is 67%. 524 wins since 1930.(Modern Era). The difference between programs like Milan and Huntingdon and the others is TRADITION. When Huntingdon takes the field Friday night take a look at their players. They EXPECT to win. Camden thinks they can. Don't worry. Huntingdon won't overlook the Lions and if the Mustangs get beat then I'll say congratulations to the Lions! We're waiting!

The way I see it we all better get our games in real quick... Heck, this may be the last year for Camden or Milan or Huntingdon or Carver or Westview or anybody to go to state. We got that NFL team coming into our region next year. Havent yall heard???? :P

825439580[/snapback]

OMGROTFLMAO. Poor ol' Bruins. I won't say they will not be good in 2A. That remains to be seen. What I will say is this- You have entered a world of pain. Now, you have to line up and play teams like Huntingdon, Milan, Westview, Union City, and Humboldt. Not to mention Dresden and Peabody. Oh, you say you've played them before? Well, now you gotta do it EVERY week. A high caliber team every single week. Week 0- Week 10. Then come the playoffs. Man, oh man, things, they are a-changin'.

The Huntingdon/Camden game will be a great match. Huntingdon, i think, will play one of the best games in their football history. Camden will also come out blazin'. I believe this game will come down to who can run the ball the best. Camden has Josh Boyd, but Huntingdon, on the other hand, has a tripple threat comming into this game. #1. Chris Donald: 2 words describe this athelete....Man Child. #2. Phillip Weathers: The first thing that comes to mind when his name is mentioned is Berry Sanders, he may not be as fast as Bell, but he makes up for it in agility. #3. Desmond Towns: Towns is a power house and is guaranteed at least 5-10 yards a carry. Another Mustang that can hurt the cats is Scott Hampton. Hampton was unable to play in the Loretto game due to injuries. Defense for the stangs has definately stepped up in the last few weeks. In the end im goin to predict a Huntingdon over Camden win: 21-14.

Win a State Championship and you're a dynasty to be feared forever....lol

What is that...One in a row?.....lol

To quote an earlier post " ain't skeered"....lol

825439561[/snapback]

Poncho... What does lol mean? Just remember when you play Huntingdon you'd better tighten up those chinstraps an extra notch. You know what I'm talking about!

Edited by Blue Eyes

Here's another one for all the readers.. In 1970 when the TSSAA started classifications Huntingdon elected to play AA ball when they were a legitimate A school. Why? Because Coach Ward didn't want to have to play Gleason, South Fulton, Greenfield, McEwen etc,... Instead we played Northside, Lexington, Southside, Milan etc,... Some schools played up and we were one of them. How much gold do you honestly think H'don would have if they elected to play within their classification? Several don't you think! This was when there were only 3 classes too! Believe it or not it's different here in Huntingdon. You're getting a taste of that feeling we've had for years. Yea, we could have some more lean years in the future but here in Huntingdon the boys were BORN to play football. I'm not boasting but just telling you a fact that anyone here can attest to. Go ask the good folks in Milan and they'll say the same thing about the Bulldogs. :P

Edited by Blue Eyes

The Huntingdon/Camden game will be a great match.  Huntingdon, i think, will play one of the best games in their football history.  Camden will also come out blazin'.  I believe this game will come down to who can run the ball the best.  Camden has Josh Boyd, but Huntingdon, on the other hand, has a tripple threat comming into this game.  #1. Chris Donald: 2 words describe this athelete....Man Child.  #2. Phillip Weathers: The first thing that comes to mind when his name is mentioned is Berry Sanders, he may not be as fast as Bell, but he makes up for it in agility. #3. Desmond Towns: Towns is a power house and is guaranteed at least 5-10 yards a carry. Another Mustang that can hurt the cats is Scott Hampton. Hampton was unable to play in the Loretto game due to injuries.  Defense for the stangs has definately stepped up in the last few weeks.  In the end im goin to predict a Huntingdon over Camden win: 21-14.

825439689[/snapback]

football fan 74.. Are you one of the Great Ones?