Milan Carver Game

Milan Bulldogs 04

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Milan contains the "big play", then win. Plain and simple. If they dont, which they allowed it to Mitchell with a mintue left in the game (50 yard pass) it will result in disaster. Mitchell scored only a few plays later only to miss the XP that would have sent us to the house. If Milan cant contain that QB from running around like a chicken with its head cut off then he will make us look stupid. On the other hand, they wont be able to stop our running game. :P

If Milan contains the "big play", then win. Plain and simple. If they dont, which they allowed it to Mitchell with a mintue left in the game (50 yard pass) it will result in disaster. Mitchell scored only a few plays later only to miss the XP that would have sent us to the house. If Milan cant contain that QB from running around like a chicken with its head cut off then he will make us look stupid. On the other hand, they wont be able to stop our running game. :unsure:

825435263[/snapback]

If you are counting on Milan being able to run on Carver ... well don't count on Milan running up and down the field all night. Carver's defense stops the run. Jacques Pipkins, the Carver player nominated to be a Mr. Football finalist in 2A for lineman was chosen for this award due to his play on defense at the MLB position, not for his blocking skills. Running the ball on Carver will prove to be difficult, to say the least.

It might be difficult, but it wasnt difficult for Dresden or Treadwell? At all.

825435770[/snapback]

Treadwell throws it. A lot. And their running game against Carver was their QB, so I'd assume he scrambled a lot.

I asked Coach Kendall this summer what they run and he said shotgun 5 wide. I said something about Bartlett running the Wing T and he shuddered. Herb Kendall is a really nice guy...he works during the summer as a security guard at AutoZone Park, as does Melrose's O.C., so I've gotten to know them a little.