School Websites

Lost Old Dad

Thx for the compliments on the Ooltewah site. We try to update it once every three days. Its hard updating 3 sites, playing football, and going to class at Carson-Newman. Great photoshop skills make great websites. If you guys want more info on how to use photoshop just e-mail me. My email is on the bottom of the football and baseball websites. Its very easy. If a 6' 235 pound linebacker from Ooltewah can do stuff in it anybody can. I think Blackman and Riverdale both have great sites. Good luck this year! GO OWLS!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at the website and reports, I think Ooltewah uses the same stat program we do, called Stat Crew Football.

Stat Crew generates stat programs for all sports, and at one time they were the official stat reporting software for the NCAA. They may still be, but I can't prove that. In fact, our software came with a "sample" and had a couple of Eddie George's games from Ohio State.

The website is http://www.statcrew.com and the software is awesome. It has a game interface and we do live scoring from the press box. We can print box scores and game recaps on the spot, within three seconds of ending the game or any time through it.

It has HTML generating to produce for websites and it has XML to do live scoring, if you have a constant connection.

One drawback about live scoring...we use play and formation codes, so we can also chart plays through it. I have over 250 formations and plays entered into the program over the course of the last five years for our team and opponents.

With live scoring, those plays go out live just like the stats do. You may want to do it without the formations and plays unless you want opposing teams to have a play-by-play chart of what you do. You can disable the play-by-play from HTML files and reports if you choose.

It's worth it, but it's costly. Cost us $365.00 and definitely the best investment from a stats and charts perspective we ever made. I could not make the website what it is without it.

It also does career reports, record books and team and individual superlatives. Red zone, turnover ratios, etc. Great extras.

Use the links below to see a sample of ours.

Kris

White House Football

http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football/stats/index.html

or

http://www.whitehousehigh.com/football/sch...2005/1stats.htm

Edited by bdpweb

here is smyrna's football website http://www.shs.rcs.k12.tn.us/sportsNew/indexAthletics.htm

coach gonyea (the wrestling coach) keeps it up to date. it is probably one of the best in the state.. you can also get your own smyrna high walpaper.. i would rather want a riverdale wallpaper if you ask me but hats off to coach gonyea.. also look at the wrestling link.. it is AMAZING

With supposedly every school in Tn having internet access, why doesn't every school have a site for their sports teams?

For instance after hearing so much about Kingsport-DB I wanted to see what all I was hearing was about, but no site to get the info from on the school.

I personally think that EVERY school should have access and be proud of what they are doing and to show it off.

825432367[/snapback]

A little late on this one. But I can speak as someone in the know on this question.

Yes, every school has Internet access. It means just that, access. Tennessee was among the first to complete the task. It doesn't guarantee that every system has a web server or access to web space. E-Rate is just now starting to pay for web server hosting costs. So there may be sometime in the near future that every school will have a web presence.

Pride of the program has nothing to do with lack of a web site devoted to football. Most Technology departments are on a one technician to 450 computers ratio. That leaves very little time for web design. Some high schools have web design classes. We happen to have an award winning class. But they don't have a lot of time either. They are trying to learn their stuff to prepare for competitions of their own.

Until then, schools with athletic sites will have to be taken on by fans of the program. Some may cost the fan out-of-pocket money while some will be lucky and given space on a school owned server. In any case, someone will have to take that step and say they want to create a site for the school.

Want to look for schools without having to google? Go to Search for TN Schools . Search there for a school. If the State knows about it, it is there.

tnknights,

I'll save a reply from ImaOWL to answer your question. I use Stat Crew Software to do Ooltewah's stats. bdpweb gave a lot of good information about the program in his reply. This is the same program that is used for stats at the BC/BS Bowl. I second the comment in that it was the best $365 spent on a football stats program ever. It's quick, easy, and detailed.

I encourage anyone who's interested in the web and all it has to offer to start a site for your favorite team, if they do not currently have a quality site.

Most schools will not have a problem with you doing so, as it's free advertising. As long as your positively impacting the fan base, they should even be willing to work with you.

I have been very lucky to have a very supportive coaching staff and AD at MHS. Alcoa's coaching staff has also been helpful. Greenback I'm kinda on my own in keeping up.

Back to my point...what this endeavor takes more than anything else is TIME. It really doesn't cost much in $$, if you're smart about it. I've poured a lot into mine and continue to, because I love it. I know CoachT has $$ in his.

If you have the time and enjoy websites, make a difference!! ;)