School Websites

Lost Old Dad

tnknights,

I'll save a reply from ImaOWL to answer your question. I use Stat Crew Software to do Ooltewah's stats. bdpweb gave a lot of good information about the program in his reply. This is the same program that is used for stats at the BC/BS Bowl. I second the comment in that it was the best $365 spent on a football stats program ever. It's quick, easy, and detailed.

825735617[/snapback]

Thanks. I love the stats page you all have. I'd like to see our coaches get the program for at least football and baseball. I'm sure the technology department would be glad to help them out. :thumb:

Thanks for the info!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
With supposedly every school in Tn having internet access, why doesn't every school have a site for their sports teams?

For instance after hearing so much about Kingsport-DB I wanted to see what all I was hearing was about, but no site to get the info from on the school.

I personally think that EVERY school should have access and be proud of what they are doing and to show it off.

825432367[/snapback]

I used to do a website when the TSSAA partnered with ihigh.com ... I enjoyed it. although it became such a time consuming project. If there is a computer class in that school, then go for it I say. Make it a class project ... but unless someone just has a ton of time to devote to that ... it's difficult.

Then there is the other side of that equation ... a lot of the time, the coach I got information from didn't want certain things on the website. He thought it made it easier to scout against his team.

<...>

Then there is the other side of that equation ... a lot of the time, the coach I got information from didn't want certain things on the website.  He thought it made it easier to scout against his team. 

In those cases, just leave that stuff out. Coaches exchange tapes anyway. A tape will tell more than a website.

Tell the coach it is a fundraising tool. Businesses see it and donate more. Sell ads on the site. We're going to try that with our baseball site this spring.

Player's names, photos, history of the team, schedules, events,.... none of that can help the opponent. Basically, a clean, easy to view and navigate site will go a long way in the community. The site is usually intended for those out of town anyway.

But I have dealt with coaches like that and totally understand where you are coming from. :lol:

Pretty sure they played football before 1993.

825732350[/snapback]

1993 was the year that the TSSAA broke out into the 5 classifications. Yes, Lipscomb began football in the 1930's and it was discontinued until the mid to late 1960's where they came in as Single A. They moved to AA in the early 1980's when there was just 3 divisions.

With supposedly every school in Tn having internet access, why doesn't every school have a site for their sports teams?

For instance after hearing so much about Kingsport-DB I wanted to see what all I was hearing was about, but no site to get the info from on the school.

I personally think that EVERY school should have access and be proud of what they are doing and to show it off.

825432367[/snapback]

loudonfootball.com.............Rex Mimgie does a good job

825432367[/snapback]

also this covers our youth football league and will take you back thru the history of Loudon football with photos going back to 1922. loudonfootball.com