2004-05 Basketball Statistics

iamoz

After what has turned into a couple of years of preparation, we're now ready to unleash a brand new tool that will allow fans, coaches, media to post game statistics to the site.

At least for the next week or two, the feature will only be available to Plus members. Once we are sure that the system is working, we will open up access to everyone.

When you open a team's schedule, you'll spot a new, colorful icon to the right of every game. Click on the three bars to add/edit the stats. A page will load displaying the two teams. Click on the team for which you want to input stats.

Keep in mind that the rosters for the teams must be on the site and correct before you can add stats.

Put in only the stats you know are correct. No guessing, please. Also, do not put zeros in the boxes unless the stat was actually zero. Leave the boxes empty if you are unsure about something. Changing tabs saves your changes.

Livingston Academy schedule

Post your questions here if there are any.

This will allow us to begin compiling statewide lists of all the statistical leaders.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the intent that the stats button at the top will be a summary? I have put stats in for our HS for 3 of the 4 games, will that stats button at the top of the schedule eventually total those stats?

And will this work if you only fill in one box, like total points?

I think it is great, keep going with these new options!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah, finally!! You can now view the stats that have been added on the team schedules.

Oliver Springs Statistics

My next addition will be a shooting totals/statistics table below the first table you see. I will also be putting together a menu to view statewide leaders in the major categories... as soon as I decide exactly where it should go.

The link to each teams' stats page can be found through the Inside section of the website. Just click "Stats" near the top, right next to "Roster."

Well yea now i see where everyone thinks Katie Davis is the best player on Oliver Springs bball team! Whoever put up these stats they need to do assists, steals, offensive rebounds, defensive reabounds, blocks, made shots, missed shots! YOu cant tell who the best person on the team is unless you look at the whole picture!! i am sure coach wright doesnt put them out there just to score but to do other things to contribute!!

oh yea how can two people have 13 points and have averages of 1.3 and 1.4!! Do the math!! Coach Wright is a math teacher!!

Ah, finally!!  You can now view the stats that have been added on the team schedules.

Oliver Springs Statistics

My next addition will be a shooting totals/statistics table below the first table you see.  I will also be putting together a menu to view statewide leaders in the major categories... as soon as I decide exactly where it should go.

The link to each teams' stats page can be found through the Inside section of the website.  Just click "Stats" near the top, right next to "Roster."

825504285[/snapback]

Is there any way that we can add stats to the Oliver Springs Statistics Page?

I have kept stats on made and missed shots, steals, rebounds (offensive and defensive), turnovers, deflections, blocks, assists, and free throws.

oh yea how can two people have 13 points and have averages of 1.3 and 1.4!! Do the math!! Coach Wright is a math teacher!!

825507491[/snapback]

8+2+0+0+0+0+3+0+0+0 ... 13/10 = 1.3 ... also, if a zero is not entered in a column it is assumed that the player didn't play in that particular game. Jill has scoring for 10 games, Megan has scoring for 9 games.

Currently, and for at least the next few days, only Plus members are able to add statistics. The plan is for everyone to be able to contribute, but several more things must be done behind the scenes before we can manage a larger collection of stats.

As an aside, I don't think it's very fruitful to compare players of different positions on the same team. It can only lead to unecessary strife. If you insist however, please start a new topic. This is a discussion on the process of adding/viewing the stats.