Wartburg Basketball

b_ball_king

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg has 2 maybe even 3 that could make it D-1. Jeremy Shannon, Jason Melton, and Adam Vespie.

That's some big words... I hope they actually do, honestly, but I don't see them playing at a Division 1 level... they may make it to a small college somewhere...but not D-1...no offense to the the players, Shannon, Melton, Vespie, you all are very good high school players, and have a good chance to make it to a d-2, or NAIA college somewhere, but not a D-1. Keep your mind focused, and don't get too full of yourself on some of these comments by other posters.

First of all to say that none of these kids could play D-1 is a big statement. One reason is because their all three juniors. Nobody can predict how hard these kids will work in the off season to improve their game. Im not saying they can play D-1 either, but just the fact that were having this conversation means something doesnt it? Roark, im not so sure Oneida has the best guard play in the district, since your not speaking from personall experience. Have you ever played against wartburg? Did you get in the game? Have you ever tried to guard any of these kids? THen how can you know? Have you ever tried to stop this melton kid? how bout Mr. Vespie? How bout shannon? All im saying is, yes you have a right to an opinion, its just that its meaningless.

Division I? Yeah, thats right Buzz Peterson was seen camping out in front of Wartburg Central's School so the aforementioned players would know he is interested. Try not to knock on Ro so much, since the opinion of bbking is grossly exagerated. Honestly, these kids are no different than other "stars" within the district, who are each in their own right are very good basketball players. Including the kids mentioned from Wartburg, but really if one team has three division I prospects (legitimate) on their squad, not only will you win the district and regional titles. The gold ball will be in your trophy case, too. That is not something other teams are likely to give up so willingly, so good luck with the hype! And you better win your conference title first, cause it won't get any easier as you go. :D

First of all to say that none of these kids could play D-1 is a big statement. One reason is because their all three juniors. Nobody can predict how hard these kids will work in the off season to improve their game. Im not saying they can play D-1 either, but just the fact that were having this conversation means something doesnt it? Roark, im not so sure Oneida has the best guard play in the district, since your not speaking from personall experience. Have you ever played against wartburg? Did you get in the game? Have you ever tried to guard any of these kids? THen how can you know? Have you ever tried to stop this melton kid? how bout Mr. Vespie? How bout shannon? All im saying is, yes you have a right to an opinion, its just that its meaningless.

825438764[/snapback]

Actually yeah I have guarded Melton as recently as this summer in AAU. To say my opinion is meaningless is to say all opinions are meaningless but we still talk about them. It's next to impossible for a 1A player to go D-1 because they would have to put up about 40 points a game(like one McDonald's All-American this year) to even get notice. I don't think any of these three is going to score 40 a game or will anyone else in Tennessee. I'm not bashing, I just thought it was a premature statement since the season hasn't even started, and these guys haven't proved a lot. Vespie is the best player, Melton is a good post if it's who I'm thinking of, and I don't know who the other guy is. I'm not trying to say Wartburg is a bad team because they're anything thing but that and will definately compete for the district title this season.

nothing against wartburg yeah they've got some players I give them that but there's no way that they'll be able to play with Rockwood I played aau basketball with them over the summer and the only real player that they've got is adam vespie. and for jeremy shannon he's an alright player and can shoot ok but for the best point guard in east tennessee ha that's a joke i'm a rockwood player and I could beat him on my hurt ankle.good luck to all teams though and may the best team come out.. rockwood all the way

nothing against wartburg yeah they've got some players  I give them that but there's no way that they'll be able to play with Rockwood I played aau basketball with them over the summer and the only real player that they've got is adam vespie. and for jeremy shannon he's an alright player and can shoot ok but for the best point guard in east tennessee ha that's a joke i'm a rockwood player and I could beat him on my hurt ankle.good luck to all teams though and may the best team come out.. rockwood all the way

825439469[/snapback]

You talk some big game son.... Wartburg is deeper then Rockwood and will run you guys to death.. and as for the hurt ankle I wonder how it got that way.