Region 6-a

vike25

any coaching changes at perry county this year

825435154[/snapback]

Lord, I hope not! :) Rice's name comes up every time an opening occurs in 1A in West Tennessee or southern Middle Tennessee, but so far he has stuck with us.(knock on wood). I can recall he came up in the discussions when Moore County, Mt. Pleasant,& Lake County opened up the last three years, and I noticed his name got dropped on some thread about Union City just the other day.

Lord, I hope not! :angry: Rice's name comes up every time an opening occurs in 1A in West Tennessee or southern Middle Tennessee, but so far he has stuck with us.(knock on wood). I can recall he came up in the discussions when Moore County, Mt. Pleasant,& Lake County opened up the last three years, and I noticed his name got dropped on some thread about Union City just the other day.

825435188[/snapback]

I keep hearing he is going back to Wayne Co. I hope not because he has tried really hard to get Perry Co. over in this region.He also has quite a few players coming back next year and he is finally going to be able to run the veer with the two QB'S he's got coming back.This team has got quite a bit of speed coming back.

I keep hearing he is going back to Wayne Co. I hope not because he has tried really hard to get Perry Co. over in this region.He also has quite a few players coming back next year and he is finally going to be able to run the veer with the two QB'S he's got coming back.This team has got quite a bit of speed coming back.

825436760[/snapback]

Probably too much bad blood for him to go back to Waynesboro. We are losing a lot of seniors this year, but the JV had a really good season going 6-1 against a lot of the teams in our new region, so there is reason for some optimisim for the next couple of years with only 5 or 6 seniors leaving after next season. Although three of those will be the bulk of the o-line(White, Kilpatrick & DePriest)

I just read an article in the Jackson paper that said since Class A will be adding two Middle Tennessee teams in '07-'08 (They're probably talking about Community in Unionville and MTC in Murfreesboro.) that two schools may have to be shifted west in a couple years. The two schools thay listed as possibilities were McEwen & Perry Co.

825436861[/snapback]

man i hope not.that would be disatrous.

I just read an article in the Jackson paper that said since Class A will be adding two Middle Tennessee teams in '07-'08 (They're probably talking about Community in Unionville and MTC in Murfreesboro.) that two schools may have to be shifted west in a couple years. The two schools thay listed as possibilities were McEwen & Perry Co.

825436861[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw that. That guy has been grumbling about multipliers and reclassification from the get go. I think he is just trying to stir things up. MTC could go to 4 or 5 and Unionville to 6. 6 has been a 10 team region before, why not again?

Yeah, I saw that. That guy has been grumbling about multipliers and reclassification from the get go. I think he is just trying to stir things up. MTC could go to 4 or 5 and Unionville to 6. 6 has been a 10 team region before, why not again?

825438901[/snapback]

If you look at the new region/districts for the other sports, Unionville & MTCS are in Region 5/District 9 with Cascade, Eagleville and Forrest. Taking that point into account, it would appear that both are already slotted to join Region 5 for football as well. It only makes sense for Community since it basic sits between Cascade, Eagleville & Forrest. A better arugment could be made for MTCS being moved to Region 4 than Community to Region 6, but I doubt either happens and both are in Region 5.

This would make Region 5 a 10 team region for two years. All enrollment projections point to Cascade moving to 2A in football during the next reclassification period, so this issue would probably correct corrct itself. I am not sure, but Community may be in the same situation. Murfreesboro's urban sprawl in southern Rutherford County is starting to put pressure on the northern Bedford County areas that make-up the majority of the Community and Cascade school districts, causing the enrollment at the elementary and middle school grades swell at Cascade to over 120 per grade. I am not familar with the situation at Community, but I would not be surprised if they had similar enrollment numbers in the lower grades.