Who is the stongest pound for pound

Knot22

Bad Example:

Bond would have beat Sanders worse than Potter did earlier in the season, if he was healthy for that tournament.  Instead of Bond's one point victory in OT (okay - another topic), the result could have been by 5-10 pt's over Sanders.  It's amazing to me that Bond even got past the quarter finals.  He was a sick puppy, but he was sufficiently strong and skilled to stay with him into two OT's until a third stalling call was made (again the scoretable failed to stop the match,,, again another topic).

A small example:  In the G.P. West Tournament last year, Potter (another strong one, but highly trained on his feet) was tied with Sanders 6-6 and then, after some injury time, got two take downs to win by 4-5 pt's in the semi's.  These final pt's only came after Sanders illegally body slammed Potter which sent him home with an injury default for the next match, missing/avoiding a 100% & fierce Bond in the finals. 

The point here?  Bond's superior skills, and strength @ 90-100%, MAY have won him MOW, but most certainly a decisive gold medal against a stronger Sanders.

825440323[/snapback]

Get real MOW the only person who deserved that award did not get it Kyle James. He should have gotten MOW not to knock Gibson but he did not have any competition while Kyle put on an exciting show. I know everyone has a different opinion on this subject which is more impressive pinning kids or teching kids but honestly Davis was never even close to being a canidate for MOW

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point fhsd.  I was skinny in high school (believe it or not) and I used to love launching these muscle heads that would come charging like a bull! :P

825439840[/snapback]

Wow,

Now you see I am shocked, Coach Bray skinny and calling someone else a muscle head??!!!! Someone tell me it isn't so.

And yes I do believe that Brugal (Bolton heavy a few years back) would have walked away with the state title had he not been sick, kid was huge.

The Marables are a great wrestling family. I wrestled with Mike and Nick in middle school, and Tom was my "wrestling dad" before my dad knew the ins and outs of the sport. Tom, Mike and Nick are great guys off the mat, but when you step on the mat to wrestle them, that is when things get nasty. The type of personality they have is the strongest asset a wrestler can have.