Anne Marie Lanning... need I say more?

movers

Wow, I don't know if any of you have ever seen Anne Marie play, but you should definately jump on the chance if it were to ever come around. She is unbelievable and just a sophomore. She started her freshman year and not only did she start but she was the high scorer, as a post. Before she got into high school she had always played as a point or guard, but once she got to Riverdale, coach moved her to post... talk about adapting to change. Now, coach moved her back to point guard and she is dominating and leading her team once again. I began this thread so that you would take the chance to watch her when you can. She is sooo much fun to watch and leaves people in awe after seeing her play. Please see her play at least once this year and enjoy it because there are very few players like her in this area or even this state! thumb

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland
Wow, I don't know if any of you have ever seen Anne Marie play, but you should definately jump on the chance if it were to ever come around. She is unbelievable and just a sophomore. She started her freshman year and not only did she start but she was the high scorer, as a post. Before she got into high school she had always played as a point or guard, but once she got to Riverdale, coach moved her to post... talk about adapting to change. Now, coach moved her back to point guard and she is dominating and leading her team once again. I began this thread so that you would take the chance to watch her when you can. She is sooo much fun to watch and leaves people in awe after seeing her play. Please see her play at least once this year and enjoy it because there are very few players like her in this area or even this state!    thumb

825448684[/snapback]

too bad the team around her isnt much to speak of. shes going to need to score 30-35 points every night for her team just to have a shot at the district championship

Well, I wasn't saying that the team was going to be great or anything, just trying to let "readers" know that if they get the chance, they should watch Ree play. BTW, she has been just short the past couple games of getting 30. I will give your team props though, they are going to be one of the top teams this year. As much as I hate to say it being an RHS "alumni player" myself.

MOVERS, aren't you her sister?? I dont' guess it matters, if she's good she's good, but usually people dont' get on the boards and post about their family! If they are that good others will do iT without family having to.

She sounds impressive, but my team the "Loretto Lady Mustangs" has Jana Cross that is a junior, which I realize is a year ahead of Ann Marie, but she scored 26, and 22 pts. in her first 2 ballgames of her high school career her freshman year, and didn't even start. So.... not trying to be a jerk at all, but just for the info., there are other great players out there that are just as good, and better, and have also led teams as well at a VERY YOUNG AGE!

Go LADY MUSTANGS!! Good luck tonite in your first game of the 2004-2005 season!! It's looking very promising ladies!! Go out and DOMINATE!!

Guest Oakland
Well, I wasn't saying that the team was going to be great or anything, just trying to let "readers" know that if they get the chance, they should watch Ree play. BTW, she has been just short the past couple games of getting 30. I will give your team props though, they are going to be one of the top teams this year. As much as I hate to say it being an RHS "alumni player" myself.

825448693[/snapback]

i think a lot of people have been aware of how good anne marie was going to be for a long time. unfortunately, you cant win district 7 with one good offensive player. a lot of teams will great their offense towards stopping anne marie. thanks for the compliment about the lady patriots. the transfer from shelbyville(almader) gives oakaland a lot of flexibility with their starting 5 and bench ;)

i think a lot of people have been aware of how good anne marie was going to be for a long time. unfortunately, you cant win district 7 with one good offensive player. a lot of teams will great their offense towards stopping anne marie. thanks for the compliment about the lady patriots. the transfer from shelbyville(almader) gives oakaland a lot of flexibility with their starting 5 and bench ;)

825448724[/snapback]

Oakland, I did not start this post to say that Riverdale was going to be any good, I simply started it to let people know that Ree was good. And to you, SPORTZTER1, yes, I am her sister, and yes I did start a thread about my own sister, but that is way besides the point. I am trying not to be bias (sp?). Do you think an older sister likes to admit that her younger sister is a stud in the sport that she used to play, or better yet do you think the older wants to admit the younger is better then she was. Me being her sister has nothing to do with why i started this thread, i just wanted people to get the chance to watch a real good basketball player (fun to watch at that). And, Jana is also a fun to watch player. I have played against her so I do know that she is a very good player, as a matter of fact Ree and Jana played AAU together so i know Jana better then you think.

My intentions of this thread was not so yall could get on and bash RHS or say that I am wrong in posting about my sister, it was to let people know that they should see her play, I also intended for others to get on here and give some other players that i and others should see play. Maybe i should change the name of the thread?!

"fun to watch": (sound like a good new name)?

Taylor Oliver is also fun to watch!

Guest Oakland
MOVERS, aren't you her sister?? I dont' guess it matters, if she's good she's good, but usually people dont' get on the boards and post about their family! If they are that good others will do iT without family having to.

She sounds impressive, but my team the "Loretto Lady Mustangs"  has Jana Cross that is a junior, which I realize is a year ahead of Ann Marie, but she scored 26, and 22 pts. in her first 2 ballgames of her high school career her freshman year, and didn't even start. So.... not trying to be a jerk at all, but just for the info., there are other great players out there that are just as good, and better, and have also led teams as well at a VERY YOUNG AGE!

Go LADY MUSTANGS!! Good luck tonite in your first game of the 2004-2005 season!! It's looking very promising ladies!! Go out and DOMINATE!!

825448722[/snapback]

that would usually be an argument, but anne marie plays in AAA, where the competition is better than what loretto sees in AA. anne marie may not have the killer scoring average because she will be facing double, triple teams night in and night out

Oakland[/url'>' date='Nov 23 2004 - 12:09 PM']that would usually be an argument, but anne marie plays in AAA, where the competition is better than what loretto sees in AA. anne marie may not have the killer scoring average because she will be facing double, triple teams night in and night out

825448814[/snapback]

I'm also a Loretto fan just like Sportzter, and I disagree with Sportzter making the comment about you not posting about your sister. I've seen your little sis play and she is a talented young lady. Very impressive. I totally understand your post. I also remember the two games that Sportzter was referring to in Jana's freshman debut when she had 26 and 22 or something like that. But.... I disagree with the AA vs. AAA thing that you threw up, Oakland. I'm not taking anything away from AAA or any team of any class, but we have Lawrence County High School right up the road that competes in AAA and we didn't have a lot of trouble with them last year. The AAA/AA thing doesn't cut it. I do agree with you in the fact that A is set apart from AA and AA is set apart from AAA. I understand your reasoning. However, you can't base an individual girls' performance and play night in and night out on class division b/c regardless of what TSSAA classification, there are excellent athletes, and competitors in EVERY class that are going to be challenging them every night. Not wanting to argue, so enough said.

Jackie Pickel from Bradley Central is a very impressive player. Her effort and hustle is unreal. Everyone should see her play if given the opportunity.

Also, the #23 from Harpeth Hall is a talented young lady. I apologize but I'm not familiar with her name. Very talented athlete though!

Good Luck against Wayne Co. tonight!! I'll be venturing home early from what better be you all's "final destination" -the boro, to watch you play!!

Edited by ntd4lhs

I'll tell you what impressed me the most about Anne Marie is how well she handles herself. She may just be a sophomore but she plays and carries herself like a sophomore in college. Nothing seems to get to her and she stays composed throughout the game regardless of what may be going on. She will make a nice DI basketball player, it's just hard to believe we will have to wait three more seasons to see that.

Guest Oakland

since we are on the topic of naming sophmores, i got a few for my girls at oaktown: kierre McCleary and Tara Davis"TD". both will be the reason oakland makes state if they do :)