Heritage and W.B. dropped Alcoa!

HHS5552

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i believe the main point of dropping alcoa was that it does not benefit either school to play them. the whole point is to make your program something for your kids to be proud of. beating or losing to a 2A school has no upside and a huge downside. playing sevier co or cumberland co gives these schools a better opportunity to give the program the boost that it needs playing 5A schools that they could see in the playoffs.

i believe the main point of dropping alcoa was that it does not benefit either school to play them.  the whole point is to make your program something for your kids to be proud of.  beating or losing to a 2A school has no upside and a huge downside.  playing sevier co or cumberland co gives these schools a better opportunity to give the program the boost that it needs playing 5A schools that they could see in the playoffs.

825449299[/snapback]

The main point was to pick up two junk teams while avoiding playing a great Alcoa team next year. If Alcoa were not gonna be loaded again next year, Rewis would not have dropped them. He is flat out afraid to play them. How can you say it is of no benefit for HHS to play Alcoa. This is a cross town rivalry that has been going on for years. These kids grow up playing each other and all know each other. Why not drop Maryville too. They are just a lowly 4A school like Alcoa is a lowly 2A school? This whole thing is a big joke. Rewis left Alcoa high and dry. Alcos is now scrambling to find two replacement games. They will likely have to play somebody far away.

The main point was to pick up two junk teams while avoiding playing a great Alcoa team next year.  If Alcoa were not gonna be loaded again next year, Rewis would not have dropped them.  He is flat out afraid to play them.  How can you say it is of no benefit for HHS to play Alcoa.  This is a cross town rivalry that has been going on for years.  These kids grow up playing each other and all know each other.  Why not drop Maryville too.  They are just a lowly 4A school like Alcoa is a lowly 2A school?  This whole thing is a big joke.  Rewis left Alcoa high and dry.  Alcos is now scrambling to find two replacement games.  They will likely have to play somebody far away.

825449365[/snapback]

alcoa will be good next year i will agree, but after that were will they be? no where near as good as they have been. these schedules are for two years at a time. since alcoa will be good next year is not the reason why these teams dropped alcoa. explain to me other than rivalry how this game has any meaning for either county school. everybody at the county schools show up when they play each other and maryville not so much for alcoa. most teams that enjoy success enjoy larger gates so why not play beatable 5A teams and build some confidence.

Edited by REBEL78

alcoa will be good next year i will agree, but after that were will they be?  no where near as good as they have been.  these schedules are for two years at a time.  since alcoa will be good next year is not the reason why these teams dropped alcoa.  explain to me other than rivalry how this game has any meaning for either county school.  everybody at the county schools show up when they play each other and maryville not so much for alcoa.  most teams that enjoy success enjoy larger gates so why not play beatable 5A teams and build some confidence.

825449420[/snapback]

First, do you have any idea how often Heritage beats Alcoa? Not very often. I don't care that they will graduate most of their starters after next year. They will still be able to handle the "mighty" Mountaineers. Your point about schedules is right on the money--but you didn't mean for it to be. Rewis knows he will get drilled the next two years so he decided to pick up a weak 3A Seymour team and an even weaker Campbell county team--they lost to 1-9 Clinton. In two years Rewis will see if Alcoa is down and them maybe try to schedule them--I am sure Reid will tell him to take a hike after what he did this year. Also you asked about the meaning of the game. It is and always will be the rivalry. These kids grow up playing each other and see each other all the time in town. Cross town rivalries are fun--unless you have one of the worst 5A programs in all of Tennessee. Maybe I don't understand since I have never played for a program as awful as Heritage and WB. I am sad that Rewis took a bad program and made it look worse by his idiotic actions.

krakatoa...let it go buddy..your sayin the same things over and over..we all know that your mad about rewis takin yall off the schedule..and we all know how dominate alcoa is gonna be next year..If Rewis wanted to get all the great teams off the schedule he would have tryed to get maryville too...dont you think? Heritage is gonna have a tough enough time with there region..maybe he's tryin to get some games in there that arent so tough..and build the program

I think that Alcoa should drop William Blount and Heritage in all the other sports. Let them scramble to find new teams for Basketball, Baseball, Wrestling, Golf, Track and Soccer. After all, why would you want a 2a school kicking your butt in those sports to. Most coached and AD's build a program with time and hard work. It takes more that one year and that is all that the two new county coaches have given it. As for Heritage, they have no support from the top. I don't think they can change out enuff teams to make a difference.

krakatoa...let it go buddy..your sayin the same things over and over..we all know that your mad about rewis takin yall off the schedule..and we all know how dominate alcoa is gonna be next year..If Rewis wanted to get all the great teams off the schedule he would have tryed to get maryville too...dont you think? Heritage is gonna have a tough enough time with there region..maybe he's tryin to get some games in there that arent so tough..and build the program

825449571[/snapback]

I have to say things over and over because nobody can see the forest for the trees. GO MOUNTAINEERS! GOOD LUCK AGAINST 3A SEYMOUR!

Folks, Heritage will never play Alcoa again. Its over bye bye so on.. They (Alcoa) are loaded and will be undefeated next year (sorry Maryville). Even when they have a down year Rewis will not go back to put them on the schedule. We need to get away from this teams that are tops in the state. I look for Maryville to leave Heritages schedule. Every team in any sport looks at there schedule before the season to see where there easy game will be. Heritage has never had that option. As for the "Rivalary" doesn't one of the teams have to win sometimes to make it a rivalary?? Alcoa is just upset that they dont have that easy win any more.

By the way Heritages push over days are over!! They will get better Coach Rewis knows what he is doing! As the twisted sister song goes 'WE AINT GONA TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!! thumb

Folks, Heritage will never play Alcoa again. Its over bye bye so on.. They (Alcoa) are loaded and will be undefeated next year (sorry Maryville). Even when they have a down year Rewis will not go back to put them on the schedule.  We need to get away from this teams that are tops in the state. I look for Maryville to leave Heritages schedule. Every team in any sport looks at there schedule before the season to see where there easy game will be. Heritage has never had that option.  As for the "Rivalary" doesn't one of the teams have to win sometimes to make it a rivalary??  Alcoa is just upset that they dont have that easy win any more.

By the way Heritages push over days are over!! They will get better Coach Rewis knows what he is doing! As the twisted sister song goes 'WE AINT GONA TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!! thumb

825449675[/snapback]

As for Rewis turning the program around...you can't win the Kentucky Derby on a mule. He will be gone in less than 5 years and have less than 15 wins.