Alcoa vs. Huntingdon for the 2a State Championship

MarshPitManiac

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Alcoa. Fantastic team. You have IMO 4 legit D1 prospects (hopefully UT prospects) and from what I could tell after the game some classy young men. There were many things in this game that made a difference,but the main difference was Fieglers ability to scramble and find that open receiver. I would also like to commend the Lanxter? kid he took enough SHOTS last night most players would have been headed to the E.R. but he shook em off and went right back on the field. Great player. To the Mustangs let me say there is NOTHING to hang your heads about, you gave it your all, and in the end things didn't work out. I believe this game even in a losing effort, let people know statewide that when you you play The HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS you better bring your A game. I had the honor of meeting the former Milan Bulldog and UT GREAT Jeff Smith at the WHITE CASTLE (hush Blue Eyes) after the game and he related to me how proud he was of Huntingdon's team this year, because we had lost 16 starters and still made it back to defend the title, and how much he always respected and enjoyed playing the STANGS because of our tradition Milan always got Huntingdon's best effort and now Huntingdon was getting the recognition they deserved. I think it speaks well that a guy that played at UT, in the SUGAR BOWL against Miami still recalls plays, scores and Huntingdon players names from his time at Milan High School. I'll go ahead and pencil Alcoa in as the east rep in next years championship, and I know the HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS will do everything in their power to be there next year again as well. thumb

Congrats to both teams. Both teams played their hearts out and left nothing on the field. Alcoa will certainly be hard to handle next year losing only 2 seniors.

To Huntingdon,

That's how you represent West Tn. 2A football. Now that ya"ll are an official member of the Region 7-2A club, there is not a 2A region in the state that will compare to ours. It is a region where you will get your tail handed to you if you don't bring your best on Friday nights. Can't wait til' next year and start it all over again.

i watched this game from my dorm room up here in Knoxville i had plans on going out and doing something until i just couldn't quit watching the game. The best game i have ever seen. I am from Waverly so i was kinda pulling for Huntingdon to go back to back. The only call i would have questioned by the huntingdon coach is the 4th down call at midfield. Wished he would have punted there that was a huge momentum swing right there and after that was all over

Alcoa punt-returner dropped the ball before he crossed the goal-line! Check you're T$$aa video  It changed the game !

825467016[/snapback]

#20 looked like leon lett on that punt return.. i was there and saw him drop it round the 1 or 2...they called it a td anyway...it was kinda funny.. congrats to alcoa on a great year....

#20 looked like leon lett on that punt return.. i was there and  saw him drop it round the 1 or 2...they called it a td anyway...it was kinda funny.. congrats to alcoa on a great year....

825467744[/snapback]

But, at any rate............the game is over...........the trophies are distributed.............and the kids are back home safely.

to anyone who didnt think huntingdon deserved to be playing for the state game, i do hope you are willing to admit you were wrong. im not saying anyone actually said they shouldnt be there, but it was implied and most people thought they had no chance. no one else has put it to alcoa like huntingdon did other than maryville and i dont think anyone esle could have accomplished what the Stangs did last night. Both teams gave it their all in this game and deserved to be there. Congrats to Alcoa in their victory.

''He has a little bit of power,'' Lindsey said. ''He ran me over on the goal line.''

''I wanted to get in there, and I did,'' Donald said. ''Heart, it was all heart.''

- Jackson Sun

if most of those guys are coming back nest year then....wow, it will be two in a row unless someone somewhere can step it up...a lot.

Edited by trogdor13