Mr. Football

west_tn_football

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Patrick Turner get "Mr. Football"? I guess when you only play every other offensive play, have fewer yards and touchdowns then the other finalists that must count for something! I guess we should be glad that he has brought such fame to Middle Tennessee on the national scale that USC Trojans would want him, therefore, we hand it to him.

How does the running back from Alcoa not make the finalist? Is this just for seniors?

Go figure!

How does Patrick Turner get "Mr. Football"?  I guess when you only play every other offensive play, have fewer yards and touchdowns then the other finalists that must count for something!  I guess we should be glad that he has brought such fame to Middle Tennessee on the national scale that USC Trojans would want him, therefore, we hand it to him.

How does the running back from Alcoa not make the finalist?  Is this just for seniors? 

Go figure!

825458178[/snapback]

I completely agree with you maniac. Mr. Football, in my opinion, should be the epidomy of a high school football player. Someone who plays both ways through injuries and whatever arises throughout the season. While playing against and watching Turner over the last few years, he has rarely played on both sides of the ball and really never played every offensive snap. This may not be by his choice, but it should be considered when talking about the best player in TN , in this case 2A. He is a great player, no doubt about it, and definitely has the greatest potential to perform well on the college and even pro level. However, from what i saw, either Weathers or Rogers would have been a better choice for "high school" player of the year. Seriously, where was Lindsey on this list. The kid has a chance to break the TSSAA record for TDs. Sometimes I wonder who is in charge of this stuff. Whatever though, these are all great players and good luck to Patrick and Austin at the next level.