Watauga Conference-How are things looking?

doubleplay96

How are things starting to look for everybody? I dont think anybody has played a conference game yet but i know that Happy Valley still looks to be pretty strong with wins over East, Cherokee, and Chuckey-Doak but did get beat by Crockett which suprised me. Volunteer seems to be playing pretty good, Kept it close down in Pickett Co. to two very good teams and beat rival Cherokee last night. Hampton is the team that is suprising me with wins over Knox Carter and Cherokee and finished 2nd in the Hardees tourny. Havent heard much on Johnson Co or Unicoi but johnson co got beat pretty badly by Greeneville, North has lost 2 close games to Cloudland and South, Central started out strong with a win over Cocke Co. but got beat by East last night which i didnt think had anything this year, and i think Elizabethton is 0-3 but havent heard much on them. I believe conference play kicks off tonight between Unicoi and Hampton.

What does everyone think about it so far?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the Watauga Conference this year will be interesting and exciting.

1.Sullivan Central- So far as of right night these guys are playing good basketball with a big impressive win over Sullivan East and the inside and outside game of these guys will be hard to stop when it comes time for conference play.

2.Hampton- Very impressive showing at the Hardees Classic defeating both Carter and Cherokee and finishing second place.The new coaching change and style of ball they are playing seems to be the trick to go along with a quick group of guards.

3.Happy Valley- There either on or there off.They were my favorite to win the Hardees but was upset by Crockett.They are the most athletic Happy Valley team I have seen in a while and they have the right players to run that style of offense

lots of depth and having one of the best coaches in the state doesnt hurt either.

4.Unicoi- Have saw them play once this year and was very impressed.Coach England is in my opinion on of the best coaches in that conference they are athletic on the outside they have very good point guard and a good young talented group of post players this team.Look for them to upset some teams and make alot of noise come tournament time.

5.Volunteer- Lost 2 games down at the Pickett County tournament but still should be able to hold there own when it comes to conference play returning there point guard back and J.C Frazier dont count them out just yet they will still be tough when it comes to conference play.

Sleeper.Elizabethton - Very young team Derek Nave could be one of the best players in the conference if he had a good supporting cast around him dont count them out yet though I like the way they play and coach harding knows how to win games.

Edited by JIMA6578

if I am not mistaken the last time I checked "Warriorbball" Jellico is not in the W V C. And the last time I checked Happy Valley has never been considered a top power house program in East Tennessee or a threat to anybody.And im sure if you ask anyone around who the best team 2 teams in the county were last year they will tell you it was Unaka and Cloudland which do represent the W V C. Wake up kid Happy Valley has never been a power house program the last time they was even considered dominant was when they won the state back in the early 70's when they had David Crocketts head coach now Marty Street. Happy Valley did upset the State Champions last year in single A that has already been clearified in some posts.Now you do the math "warriorbball" When is the last time you won a state title, When is the last time you won a region title, When is the last time you made a substate appearance. And didnt Unaka which is a W V C represenitive host the substate on Happy Valleys Home floor 3 years ago against Sunbright. I belive they did the last time I checked.Bottom line it dont take a rocket scientist to figure out if you look in the past and do the math you will come to the conclusion that Unaka and Cloudland could have matched up against any Watauga Conference team you put in front of them plain and simple get your facts strait.

Edited by pickup22

if I am not mistaken the last time I checked "Warriorbball" Jellico is not in the W V C. And the last time I checked Happy Valley has never been considered a top power house program in East Tennessee or a threat to anybody.And im sure if you ask anyone around who the best team 2 teams in the county were last year they will tell you it was Unaka and Cloudland which do represent the W V C. Wake up kid Happy Valley has never been a power house program the last time they was even considered dominant was when they won the state back in the early 70's when they had David Crocketts head coach now Marty Street. Happy Valley did upset the State Champions last year in single A that has already been clearified in some posts.Now you do the math "warriorbball" When is the last time you won a state title, When is the last time you won a region title, When is the last time you made a substate appearance. And didnt Unaka which is a W V C represenitive host the substate on Happy Valleys Home floor 3 years ago against Sunbright. I belive they did the last time I checked.Bottom line it dont take a rocket scientist to figure out if you look in the past and do the math you will come to the conclusion that Unaka and Cloudland could have matched up against any Watauga Conference team you put in front of them plain and simple get your facts strait.

825461810[/snapback]

lol,yeah ur right.hv upset unaka last year......twice by about 20 points both times.get a life,winnin in AA is a whole lot harder than winnin in A.they could have matched with them,thats y almost every match they had against a watauga conf team last year was a loss,both cloudland and unaka.but ur right,wit teams like uh,north greene,and clinch,i would be afraid of the wvc.

Seems like the Watauga Conference this year will be interesting and exciting.

1.Sullivan Central- So far as of right night these guys are playing good basketball with a big impressive win over Sullivan East and the inside and outside game of these guys will be hard to stop when it comes time for conference play.

2.Hampton- Very impressive showing at the Hardees Classic defeating both Carter and Cherokee and finishing second place.The new coaching change and style of ball they are playing seems to be the trick to go along with a quick group of guards.

3.Happy Valley- There either on or there off.They were my favorite to win the Hardees but was upset by Crockett.They are the most athletic Happy Valley team I have seen in a while and they have the right players to run that style of offense

lots of depth and having one of the best coaches in the state doesnt hurt either.

4.Unicoi- Have saw them play once this year and was very impressed.Coach England is in my opinion on of the best coaches in that conference they are athletic on the outside they have very good point guard and a good young talented group of post players this team.Look for them to upset some teams and make alot of noise come tournament time.

5.Volunteer- Lost 2 games down at the Pickett County tournament but still should be able to hold there own when it comes to conference play returning there point guard back and J.C Frazier dont count them out just yet they will still be tough when it comes to conference play.

Sleeper.Elizabethton - Very young team Derek Nave could be one of the best players in the conference if he had a good supporting cast around him dont count them out yet though I like the way they play and coach harding knows how to win games.

825461702[/snapback]

idk bout all of that,central got beat by east and hv did fine against crockett,jus seems like maybe one coachin decision changed the game,who knows wut would have happened if bayless hadnt subbed 5 in and 5 out.i think ehs could surprise some people this year.

when is anybody gonna realize the level on competition in a and aa is diffrent

i would like one unaka or cloudland clown for that matter to admit evertime they step on the court to play the warriors, well make it any sport they get beat

i dont care and nobody cares how bad u can beat north greene in a region game and make to state u still get stomped in the ground i cant wait till tomm. night when the warriors roll all over the rangers and make it another upset hhhaaa

well at least another 20 point upset

ur little boys club 4 team conf is a joke c mon unaka try to compeat in 2a everybody know that ring would not be on anybodys finger.ohh but they are best in carter county because they beat the tennessee school for the deaf so they are better than a hv team that beat a basketball team ranked in the top 5 in the state and thats 2a buddy

cloudland,unaka better than hv????/ get your facts straight!!!!!!!!

Edited by warriorbball

1. Here we go first off Unicoi coaches name is ENGLISH I dont know how you mistake England for English.

2. J.C. Frazier Graduated from High school the boys name you are refering to is JACOB

3. If you dont know that much about the teams ecpecially there coaches name dont talk about them.

4. If you are Putting Volunteer at 5 you are simply crazy Central beat a Happless Sullivan East team that wont finsh in the top 5 of the Big 7 if that says anything.

I don't know much about b-ball, but I do know this, hampton is going to be something this year., i play football and before we started spring practice, they the b-ball team were already traning and practiceing.

They want to be something this year, they will be the suprise team this year!

Edited by #1 Hampton Bulldog Fan