Knoxville Area AAA

smalltown

I don't think the quality of basketball is any better than it's been - maybe not as good, but it seems like that in the two Knoxville-area districts, there are no clear-cut favorites or clear-cut last place teams.

Just some thoughts on each district:

District 3:

Oak Ridge will be very good once the football players get back and into basketball shape...Karns can beat anybody on a given night if shooting well...Halls is much improved with an outstanding point guard, good size and shooters...Campbell County and Central look better than last year...Clinton has good athletes and Powell has good size.

District 4:

Everybody seems up and down...Bearden has great guard play, but no posts and no depth...Farragut has the posts but the guard play has been suspect so far...Haven't seen Maryville, but they seem to be playing well...William Blount has great wins at Anderson County and over Bearden at home...Heritage is inconsistent but competitive, likewise with South-Doyle...Sevier County is better...West is athletic, but will struggle until their post player becomes eligible.

i agree with you on no stand out in either region.

3aaa- i thought Karns would ahve the upper hand and campbell co. would be in last, but after the showing against OR i think this will come down to the final weeks on where everyone will end up. Campbell Co. way to show me up and good luck to you all.

Powell and Clinton are tonight and this will be a different looking game not having Vibbert and Tevah to worry about. Big Game by Smith and Ward and Powell comes out with a W.

Another heartbreaker for Halls last nite against Karns. they will make a good run at it. ( kindof reminded me of the two regular season games against Powell)

Halls how do you let Fersner hit a 3 at the buzzer on you? Game had no defense. Halls had a 5'11" post player score 22. Too many points given up by both teams. If neither one plays better on the defensive end they will have trouble being in the top 2.

I think the team that is willing to get it done on the defensive end will win the district. Can anyone say O.R. Clinton is better than I thought. Halls has to play D if they want to get on the level with OR and Clinton. Dito for Karns. Central doesn't have much talent and the coaching is suspect. C.C. says they are good. Powell is big but they are suspect on the perimeter.

District 4 is also up for grabs. Early; as much as I hate to say it Maryville looks good. W.B. has a very good Coach and some pretty good player. Farragut doesn't have a coach and players don't appear to be motivated. Bearden doesn't have any size. West has athletes could be their year. S.D. has a stud but can he carry the team. Heritage has a girl that would be the best player on the boys team. S.C. not much of a tradition so I don't look for them to be a threat.

This could be one of those years when the regular season Champion doesn't get to the region.

Every night will be a good game.

All of you guys just need to be thankful that Fulton is AA.

Halls how do you let Fersner hit a 3 at the buzzer on you?  Game had no defense.  Halls had a 5'11" post player score 22.  Too many points given up by both teams.  If neither one plays better on the defensive end they will have trouble being in the top 2.

I think the team that is willing to get it done on the defensive end will win the district.  Can anyone say O.R.  Clinton is better than I thought.  Halls has to play D if they want to get on the level with OR and Clinton.  Dito for Karns.  Central doesn't have much talent and the coaching is suspect.  C.C. says they are good.  Powell is big but they are suspect on the perimeter.

District 4 is also up for grabs.  Early; as much as I hate to say it Maryville looks good.  W.B. has a very good Coach and some pretty good player.  Farragut doesn't have a coach and players don't appear to be motivated.  Bearden doesn't have any size.  West has athletes could be their year.  S.D. has a stud but can he carry the team.  Heritage has a girl that would be the best player on the boys team.  S.C. not much of a tradition so I don't look for them to be a threat. 

This could be one of those years when the regular season Champion doesn't get to the region.

Every night will be a good game.

All of you guys just need to be thankful that Fulton is AA.

825462204[/snapback]

Sure they are motivated. Or Huckins is atleast, averaging at least 20.

It might be true Heritage has a girl that would be the best player on the boy's team. After seeing her play, I think she would be the best player on a lot of boy's teams.

Somebody made a good point about a regular season champion not making it to the region. That is not possible in district 4 because the top two teams receive a bye into the district tournament semifinals, which automatically puts them in the region. That district uses some sort of staggered bracket. I don't know how district 3 sets up their tournament. However, that is a good point in the sense that I think we'll see upsets all year long and we could easily see lower seeded teams make runs in the tournament. It's awful early to talk about that, but I think many people are in agreement that it's going to be a really interesting season. The only thing that is predictable is the unpredictable.