Sullivan Central Men's Basketball

FalconHater00

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure that both Leonard and Beverly will step up their game to get the conference win tonight.

825484041[/snapback]

Well, Beverly did, at least in the second half, but what happened to Leonard? I thought Lane really played well off the bench. Where is Housewright? Weatherford shot the ball better and if Sanchez can cut down on the turnovers and silly fouls, he can be as good as any point guard in the conference. That Nave kid from Elizabethton can really play. May be the best guard I have seen all year. Still would like to see this team when all five starters are clicking. They could really put some numbers up. The only thing I see is that Vaughn still trys to play too many people. For some reason, he thinks everyone on the bench has to play some minutes. In years past, he stuck with his starters, but this year he goes to his bench quite often. Sometimes I can see it, but other times it seems to mess everything up. If he had stuck with his starters for most of the East and Boone games, I think they would be undefeated at this point. He is going to have to play them longer as a group and not pull two or three at a time and end up messing up the chemistry.

Well, Beverly did, at least in the second half, but what happened to Leonard?  I thought Lane really played well off the bench.  Where is Housewright?  Weatherford shot the ball better and if Sanchez can cut down on the turnovers and silly fouls, he can be as good as any point guard in the conference.  That Nave kid from Elizabethton can really play.  May be the best guard I have seen all year.  Still would like to see this team when all five starters are clicking.  They could really put some numbers up.  The only thing I see is that Vaughn still trys to play too many people.  For some reason, he thinks everyone on the bench has to play some minutes.  In years past, he stuck with his starters, but this year he goes to his bench quite often.  Sometimes I can see it, but other times it seems to mess everything up.  If he had stuck with his starters for most of the East and Boone games, I think they would be undefeated at this point.  He is going to have to play them longer as a group and not pull two or three at a time and end up messing up the chemistry.

825485211[/snapback]

Housewright got kicked off the team for some reasons I am not sure of.

i also agree that vaughn should leave the starters in longer together. When they seem to get going he will pull out one of them and mess every thing up and it takes them until the 2nd half to get things going once again. Whats everyones oppinion on this weeks games at virgina high?

825486020[/snapback]

I agree on leaving the starters in longer together- but like last night until Vaughn brought in the bench we were losing. The fresh players seemed to spark our offense. The starters were NOT getting it done!

Va High tournament should be great we need to play some games - seems like we only play once a week and its hard to get going that way.

Most of the players off the bench are pretty much equally talented. It's kind of hard to let just certain bench players play. Everyone on that team can play, the bench is probably the deepest in the conference. They will be playing better once the end of the season rolls around.

825486290[/snapback]

Well Said!!!......Jrock