Who is the best coach in District 9AAA?

youvegotafriend5

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think fryar is the best coach in 9-AAA.  he took 3 teams to the state tourney.  one of those teams was comprised of freshmen and sophmores and one senior.  now it my book that team more then likely shouldnt have been there.  i dont think wilson central accomplished this feat in their 3+ years.  i give central credit they did make it to state last year, but thats pretty much all i give them.  oh to help u out mailman05 the overall record between the lady bears and ur wildcats is bears 6 wildcats 1.

825476529[/snapback]

You should be coaching then if you are such a Basketball Guru lpmarlowe. They have only beaten the Bears one time but, hold on, wasn't that for the District Championship. That's all that matters when you go home at night and that's when you're carrying aroung the big plaque that says "Distict Champions" and not "RUNNERS UP"....

Both guys do a great job. You are debating that which has no answer. Both guys have diffrent kids on their teams. Let them coach the same team at diffrent times. Then maybe you get your answer. Could Fryer get out of Wilson Central what Bud does? And could Bud get out of Mt.Juilet what Fryer does? NO BODY KNOWS. Why can't we say that both these guys do a great job at their school, and both are great coaches!!!

And whoever wins the games between each other, I don't beleive that can determine who is the better coach.

I will take either one of these guys, or both!!!

Earlier when i said old mj talent, you took that the complete wrong way. I mean nothing but good things for central and their program---lots of very good players there, all im trying to say is you take 10 kids who know nothing about the game give 5 to chris and 5 to bud, chris outcoaches him. Campbell did wonders for ladies basketball in the midstate if you ask me, but without his assistance bud doesnt get it done, IN MY OPINION!!!! the match-ups this year will be incredible and hopefully it will be an all wilson county final---we will see what happens. But Chris is by far the better coach. I also think that when bigchief stated work ethic, it's more than just in high school. He makes sure that all of the girls he has in junior high are running the same systems and getting them prepared for the "big times." thats why mj has been successful and will continue to be in the future.

Edited by mjbear12

MJ may have its Middle school runnig what the high school wants it to but that is a lot easier for MJ to do than it is for WC, For one WC has students come from two schools not just one therefore you cant make two teams run the same thing, i mean they play eachother during the season.....plus it is a little more difficult to do that when you are a new school that doesnt have the past of MJ....i cant fully agree with you on the Fryer being able to teach more about basketball....For the last few years Fryer has had awesome teams great players have been given to him each year yet no state championships the talent level has been great at MJ i dont understand why they havent won one yet, but if you look at what Bud has done at WC he has had a lot less depth and less talent but has gotten the job done. That shows me who the better coach is if you can get everything out of your players and a little more that shows me your a great coach and bud does that and so does coach fryer but i believe Bud gets more out of his players and makes more out of them....to where Fryer has these great players come into the program and they usually hit there peack pretty early in thier high school carreers and you dont see that much improvement to where every year you have seen players who havent even seen the floor step it up for WC...ex= Jenny Hall and Breona Brown

Does it "really" matter who the better coach is. I mean come on and get real. Chris Fryer does a great job at Mt. Juliet. Bud Brandon does a great job at Wilson Central. As a resident of Wilson County I am for BOTH teams. When they play each other I'm for Mt. Juliet. Mailman I get the impression your jealous of the sucess at Mt. Juliet. I mean 3 out of 5 years in the State. Thats pretty darn good. AND overall Mt. Juliet has won TWO State Championships and One Runner-up. They have come ever so close on other occasions only to have a key injury kill their chances.

This subject about the best coach is triva.