Best freshman in the state

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

fyi...

Pearl-Cohn freshmen beat Antioch freshmen 29-28 last week. Hunters Lane freshmen avenged their 6 point loss to Pearl-Cohn beating them 64-48. Pearl-Cohn is 10-1, Antioch is 10-1, and Hunters Lane is 10-2. Hunters Lane got their big man Rogers Gaines back for the game against Pearl-Cohn. Hunters Lane had 5 scorers with double-digit points led by Josh Henley, Gaines, and Erik Wisdom. Erik is averaging 20 points per game the last 6 games this half with with Josh avaraging 27. If they can continue to convince everyone to play team ball size will be the only thing that can potentially stop them the next time they meet Antioch as well as throughout the playoffs.

Its a shame those three will have to beat each other up before someone plays the freshman on the south(west) division for the city championship. One of those three will win it. Antioch to me still has the best team they just play to the level of their competition. Pearl-Cohn is pretty scrappy. HL is up and down. Antioch should turn their guards loose, they are good.

McAdoo, Henley, and Mason are all the men on their teams. IT is going to come down to who steps up and helps them out. Pearl has a nice big man to complement Mason. They have average guards. I like both of HL's guards Wisdom and the kid from Neely's bend. HL isn't that deep.

Edited by cobrafan90

Its a shame those three will have to beat each other up before someone plays the freshman on the south(west) division for the city championship.  One of those three will win it.  Antioch to me still has the best team they just play to the level of their competition.  Pearl-Cohn is pretty scrappy.  HL is up and down.  Antioch should turn their guards loose, they are good. 

McAdoo, Henley, and Mason are all the men on their teams.  IT is going to come down to who steps up and helps them out.  Pearl has a nice big man to complement Mason.  They have average guards.  I like both of HL's guards Wisdom and the kid from Neely's bend.  HL isn't that deep.

825534198[/snapback]

I agree Antioch is the favorite to win it all. I do not know their coach, but I do know most of the kids on that team. They are all good, disciplined players but I don't understand why there has been several games that Kyle Upton, Michael Williams, Jeremy, and Toj have had to sit out for discplinary reasons. There two big men Toj and Jeremy sat out against Pearl and they had to bring Michael McAdoo down from the varsity to make a game of it. He unfortunately missed a free throw at the end that could have put it in to overtime.

Edited by AirForceOne

I agree Antioch is the favorite to win it all.  I do not know their coach, but I do know most of the kids on that team.  They are all good, disciplined players but I don't understand why there has been several games that Kyle Upton, Michael Williams, Jeremy, and Toj have had to sit out for discplinary reasons.  There two big men Toj and Jeremy sat out against Pearl and they had to bring Michael McAdoo down from the varsity to make a game of it.  He unfortunately missed a free throw at the end that could have put it in to overtime.

825534388[/snapback]

you are right if he didn't show up they probably get beat by 8 or 9. one of the players said that one of their big kids came to school around 4th pd, so he couldn't play that day. also It is a big change from yrs past. Antioch didn't establish much discipline in the past. I must say I was impressed to hear that. He may be a little to tight on them. They held the ball in the 3rd quarter about 3-4 mins. their guards can get out make steals and get easy baskets. they can shoot too. they just didn't get to showcase their skills. yeah two of their big men didn't play or even dress. so i don't know whats goin on over there.

hey airforce did most of those kids come from jfk, or is it a combination of apollo and antioch middle too???

Edited by cobrafan90

you are right if he didn't show up they probably get beat by 8 or 9.  one of the players said that one of their big kids came to school around 4th pd, so he couldn't play that day.  also It is a big change from yrs past.  Antioch didn't establish much discipline in the past.  I must say I was impressed to hear that.  He may be a little to tight on them.  They held the ball in the 3rd quarter about 3-4 mins.  their guards can get out make steals and get easy baskets.  they can shoot too.  they just didn't get to showcase their skills.  yeah two of their big men didn't play or even dress.  so i don't know whats goin on over there.

hey airforce did most of those kids come from jfk, or is it a combination of apollo and antioch middle too???

825534419[/snapback]

I know their team is at least a combination of JFK and Antioch. I'm not familiar with any of the Apollo players. The point guard, center, and forwards that start are from JFK. The shooting guard is from Antioch. The big man, McAdoo, on the varsity came from JFK as well. Most on the bench are JFK players too. JFK was loaded last year, but was not enough to beat Gra-Mar. Antioch has kept all of there zoned middle school players. Adding Mike Williams on the wing to those JFK boys is tremendous. All of the Gra-Mar could have all ended up at Maplewood. Just think of what that would have been. Mason opted to go to Pearl to star on the varsity football team. Henley transferred to HL. Wisdom moved into HL zone. Charles Brooks is ineligible now for Maplewood. Kenny Williams moved into HL zone. Julian Foster moved to Philadelphia. They would have been unstoppable.

You are SO right, that was probably one of the best middle school squads i have seen in a while. I thought that the JT Moore squad of twin towers Joe Sanders and Chris Russell was tough. but last yr of Henley ,Wisdom ,and Mason was GOOD. Maplewood has to mad as heck. Maybe this yrs. group goes to the wood.

JFK yes was LOADED, I remember watching McAdoo wondering how could GraMar beat them. JFK is always loaded(1100 kids to choose from).

Top Freshman Rankings in TN

Rank

Name

Height

Position

City

High School

CALDWELL, TYRONE

6-0

SG

CLARKSVILLE

CLARKSVILLE