Best freshman in the state

mr.giggliefly33

RYAN..COMBS..RYAN..COMBS..RYAN..COMBS!!!!!!! and Mr. Robert Nelson

Combs as an 8th grader was throwing it down hard...i saw the kid just come with a reverse a few times.....hes only about 6'2 and right at 180 something.....hes an excellent rebounder and esp. offensive threat.  The kid can score and defend on just about any1.  And by the way ryan is white and can dunk.

Robert Nelson has to be one of the best outside shooters i've ever seen (highschool b-ball wise) in there 1st fresh. game the kid came out hitting......he had like 5 3's in that game...hes a great all-around player...along w/ Combs.....

They both go to McMinn County High School...in East Tn

825483827[/snapback]

I didn't think the kid had it in him......maybe my words on coachtennessee pumped him up or somethin.....but seriously RC that was the nastiest dunk I've ever seen by a fresh

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think the kid had it in him......maybe my words on coachtennessee pumped him up or somethin.....but seriously RC that was the nastiest dunk I've ever seen by a fresh

825486577[/snapback]

i must agree......man the kid jumped from the dotted line and did a double pump reverse...and how about that 360 he did......and did u see him in warm ups when he tried the between the legs....he got hung tho... tho boy jumps like a colored fella in my book (hes as whte as they come ppl)

i must agree......man the kid jumped from the dotted line and did a double pump reverse...and how about that 360 he did......and did u see him in warm ups when he tried the between the legs....he got hung tho... tho boy jumps like a colored fella in my book (hes as whte as they come ppl)

825486595[/snapback]

You guys aint f'n kidding, this guy (Ryan Combs) has some mad hops. I've seen him play several times and I am impressed with his offensive and defensive abilities more and more everytime.(Sorry about using "and" so much.)Believe it or not I hear there are already colleges looking at him.

NO one will suspend him bc that would be to much of a loss for the team...and if any1 tried id say raymond would help him throw down on the coaches wif him........but id say ryan wouldnt need any help bc he murdered that kid in that Tourney in Nashville last year in 8th grade.........its the same kid tyhat he broke his back and fingers

825484300[/snapback]

Who does Ryan Combs play AAU for? What tournament did he play in and murder against what Nashville player?

I think that Clint Martin from Hardin County Tennessee is undoubtedly the best athlethe to come throught the united states since Johnny Unitas.  This kid is a 4'6'' 110 lb. prodigy.  He plays baseball, and football but excells at basketball in the post averaging over 11 rebounds and 21 points per game. UNBELIEVABLE! thumb this kid is definitily bound for the pros. Expect to see him there in about 7 years after he sweeps the college nation.

825484074[/snapback]

Do you mean 6'4"? Or is this kid playing the post at 4'6"?

Pearl-Cohn has two freahman that should be on their varsity because their varsity cannot seem to get a win. One of the kids went to Head mMiddle last year and the other was the starting QB on the varsity football team .......can i please get their name......oh yeah Josh Henley is the real deal and if Hunters Lane didn't have so many seniors that the coach feels he has to play , Henley would be a regular on varsity. :)

The pearl-cohn kid should be Deaunte'(Dee) Mason, Josh Henley's teammate from Gra-Mar. Dee Mason became the starting QB midway through the season. He would definitely help the varsity, He should be playing varsity(so should henley). He's not even playing JV, neither is Henley. I was reading the tennessean article from the Whites Creek game talking about HL's lack of height, I'm thinking why not use Henley. He won't get any better playing Freshman bball.

Erik Wisdom is one of the top freshman guards. Plays alongside Josh Henley at Hunters Lane. He was the shooting guard last year alongside Henley and Mason at Gra-Mar. All three averaged double-digits in points. He led Gra-Mar in 3-pointers, steals, and free-throw percentage earnings the team's Defensive MVP award. Played alongside Jamie Graham two year's ago at brick Church. He helped both teams get to the City Tournaments, winning it at Gra-Mar where he was the high scorer in the championship game. Neither of those teams made it to the City the year before he played for team and Brick Church didn't make it last year once he left for Gra-Mar.

In the Tennessean polls Hunters Lane is ranked #2 only behind BA. Right now, I'm sure the coach it now trying to fix something that is not broken by putting Josh Henley on the varsity. Many other varsity teams are hurting so bad that they have no choice but to play freshmans up immediately. I guarantee you though once Henley starts playing varsity it is going to be special. Deaunte' Mason just came off a football season where he was relied upon heavily to make things happen for the varsity team. I'm sure they know that he would make their varsity basketball team better, but to ask him as a freshman to carry the load in both sports may be a lot. He's a track star as well, so I'm sure he will competing as an upperclassman there too.

Good info. AirForceOne. HL does afford Henley the opportunity to take his time. Pearl-Cohn's freshmen beat HL freshman from what i was told, i don't know for sure. So sounds like D Mason is one up on his former teammates. So he probably deserves mention as a top Freshman as well. Erik Wisdom is good as well he is humble too, he will be a good guard at HL. He'll have to wait his turn because HL is LOADED at the guard spot even next yr they'll be loaded.

Deaunte Mason FR- Pearl Cohn 6-3" G-F

Edited by cobrafan90