Central Cougars Basketball

cougar_scout

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me end this myth once and for all……. EAST DID NOT BEAT THS LAST YEAR!!!!

Tue Dec. 9  East 32  vs.  #16 Tennessee D  43

Fri  Jan. 23      East 38   vs.  at #16 Tennessee D 46

Your record was 5-21. Do you really think that one of the 5 games you won all last year was against THS!!! And if THS would be at the bottom in “middle and west”… imagine were East would be. :lol::(

825504337[/snapback]

East is probably at the bottom of the state, but I dont hear those guys going around saying they can beat anyone. I mean you guys thought you stood a chance against Maryville...that was proven a hope. You think you are the best in Tennesee in everything, but in basketball you will be lucky to make it out of the region.

Just looked on the coacht schedules and Tenn High beat East 43-32 on road and 46-38 at home.Good call on that one Bball22 thumb .And by the way you cougar fans, TennHigh would love to play you guys but u won't schedule us. I wonder why?

825504338[/snapback]

Hmm...Maybe if Burns would let Central back in the Arby's then maybe Central would schedule them. Do you think you are that much better than Central? Please, I seen your team in the Arby's and you have 2 good players (one who should have went to South). I am not going to say Central would win cause unless you play who knows who would win, but I gurantee it would be a good game.

This thread was supposed to be about upcoming talent and I can tell you that Central's Sophs and Fresh are pretty good and right now TN High's are not so hot. But like I said earlier Burns and his staff are really good and if anyone can turn them around it is them.

P.S. When we played the big `98 district championship team we split with them that year and the next (don't know for sure what happened with the other years) so don't act like they have been dominating Central.

What has TN High ever done in b-ball??!?  Have they ever won a state? or even come close?  I don't know they may have but it couldn't have been anytime recently.  I think Burns and the coaching staff up there do a great job but to act like they are on a different level than East and Central is ridiculous.  When I was at Central we pretty much split with TN High every year.

If anyone has watched the 8th grade, Sophs and Fresh around the area before you will know what schools have the talent coming up.  And as bad as I hate to say it DB is about to become loaded soon.

825503764[/snapback]

I’m simply referring to this years teams. This years Central team is not on the same level as this years Science Hill or Tenn High teams!! Last year may have been a good game! This years East team only scored 5 points in the whole first half of the THS game… So you tell me.

I agree with you about the up and coming talent. DB has an unbelievable talent coming with Justin Sylvester… hands down the cream of the crop! Blountville … If you thought Down Town Joe Brown was something, wait till you see Mickey Brown (Joe Browns little brother)! Vance has a very talented point guard in Corey Young. This kid is a baller! With all that said I must inform you that Indian Trail IS LOADED!!! Jerome Odem’s little brother for one. If they can keep these kids in the program Science Hill will continue to dominate this area!!

Speaking for myself… I have to say that you people have a wrong impression of my posts. I merely just state the facts and defend the truth. Other than my opinions (in which I will usually say “in my opinion”) I always have stats and facts to back up what I say! I don’t dislike East or Central, and I mean no disrespect… but I do feel your athletic programs are still a bit behind the likes of THS, SHHS, and DB… and that’s just kippin it real. I do try to use tact in MOST of my posts… but I don’t shy away from the truth as I see it… right or wrong. If I’m wrong about something… don’t just get mad… prove it… and I will be the first to say YOU ARE RIGHT. That’s a bet. I’ve been known to “EAT CROW”. That’s a term I learned from the Maryville football posters this year!! :lol:

Edited by 1tshelley

East is probably at the bottom of the state, but I dont hear those guys going around saying they can beat anyone.  I mean you guys thought you stood a chance against Maryville...that was proven a hope.  You think you are the best in Tennesee in everything, but in basketball you will be lucky to make it out of the region.

825504539[/snapback]

Your right… we did think we had a chance. We were ranked #2 in the state by most poles and we demolished the #7 team in East 54-0000000000! Why wouldn’t we think we had a chance? But I’m here to tell you … in football you are on another planet when you get past Morristown and … it’s not just the talent level!!! It’s their all around program from the players to the coaches to the band. They are all on another level!!! That was my first taste of how East must feel. But you didn’t hear any THS fans saying they cheated, their cocky, they think they can beat everybody in the state. You know why…. Because they ARE cocky… and they deserve to be because the spanked our team … a team that Totally dominated this area! You see… it’s not hard to give respect where respect is due. You give respect you get respect. Otherwise you have to earn it!!! thumb

Edited by 1tshelley

Just looked on the coacht schedules and Tenn High beat East 43-32 on road and 46-38 at home.Good call on that one Bball22 thumb .And by the way you cougar fans, TennHigh would love to play you guys but u won't schedule us. I wonder why?

825504338[/snapback]

[/quot

if its us not wanting to schedule ths then why for the past 4 years havnt they let central back in the arbys classic? cause i know for a fact the coaches and the ad at central have called to get back in but they get turned down everytime.

Tennessee High basketball isnt on the same level as Science Hill.  Although Tn High may be higher than East, they are still no Science Hill.

825504629[/snapback]

You may be right but… we did win 2 out of the 6 times our two teams met. One being the first conference game with the HILL and the other was defeating them as well as DB to win the DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP. We did however loose twice to them in the Arbys, once in conference play, and once in the Regional Semifinals.

I do however have to throw in the 49-14 win over the Hill this past football season.

All in all … I think we hold our own against AAAAA Science Hill!!

THS enrolment = 1100

SHHS enrolment = 1949

DBHS enrolment = 1786

825504338[/snapback]

[/quot

if its us not wanting to schedule ths then why for the past 4 years havnt they let central back in the arbys classic? cause i know for a fact the coaches and the ad at central have called to get back in but they get turned down everytime.

825504682[/snapback]

I’m not sure if it’s true … but I was told that there was an incident between one of the past Central coaches and the Arbys Classic committee several years ago and the result was Central being band from the tournament. I don’t know the details but I think there is some truth in that. Morale of the story … don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

I for one would like to see Central back in the Classic.

1tshelley:

What is Central vs. TN High record in basketball since whenever Central came to be in the 70's? I may be wrong but I would bet it is pretty close either way. You said you have stats so lets see them.

I would love to know when this great b-ball tradition at TN High started? As bad as I hate to admit it you can put DB and SH traditions above the rest because of SH's state titles and because of DB's winning records. Those 2 schools are the powerhouses of this area year in and year out usually. The gap seems to be less now though.

If anything I think Burns has had to deal with less talent than alot of other schools in the area and he turns out a quality product. You give him and his staff some of the talent some schools have had and it is hard to tell what they could have done.

P.S. You say you want stats well here is just some stats that I can vouch for:

TN High vs. Central b-ball

97-98 1-1

98-99 1-1

Is that the domination you were talking about?

Also, I played AAU and was friends with a few guys from TN High back then and I can tell you they would not say there program was that much better than Central's.

Edited by brock20