Obion County Baseball?

Purple & Gold Standard

Who have the Rebels played thus far??...They were doing pretty good in scrimmages weren't they??

825623573[/snapback]

occhsfan ,

lost to jcs on monday 11-2, lost to gibson county on tuesday 3-0, lost to brighton on wed 10-3 and ripley, 8-1 was off thursday and lost to dyer county,6-3 on friday, that makes us 0-5 for the season and i dont see a light at the end of the tunnel any time soon

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

occhsfan ,

lost to jcs on monday 11-2, lost to gibson county on tuesday 3-0, lost to brighton on wed 10-3 and ripley, 8-1 was off thursday and lost to dyer county,6-3 on friday, that makes us 0-5 for the season and i dont see a light at the end of the tunnel any time soon

825623695[/snapback]

What is goin on with the boys teams lately??..Last year in basketball and football...This year in basketball and now baseball....I sure hope the football season this year is better.....

What is goin on with the boys teams lately??..Last year in basketball and football...This year in basketball and now baseball....I sure hope the football season this year is better.....

825624002[/snapback]

like i mentioned in my earlier post most of the older boys have not had enough time on the field in the last 3 seasons we play anywhere from 4-6 jv games a year while most programs in the area play about as many jv games as they do varsity i know that dyersburg jv team played in a covington tournament this past week while their varsity had a tournament of their own. also seems alot of the area teams are not afraid to play underclassman,we seem to beleive in the seniorty rule if you have been with the team for 2-3 years you get your playing time whether you can actually help the team or not maybe this is the right way to do it or maybe not, i just beleive after an 0-5 start i might look at my bench for some help, there is some help there i promise you that

like i mentioned in my earlier post most of the older boys have not had enough time on the field in the last 3 seasons we play anywhere from 4-6 jv games a year while most programs in the area play about as many jv games as they do varsity i know that dyersburg jv team played in a covington tournament this past week while their varsity had a tournament of their own. also seems alot of the area teams are not afraid to play underclassman,we seem to beleive in the seniorty rule if you have been with the team for 2-3 years you get your playing time whether you can actually help the team or not maybe this is the right way to do it or maybe not, i just beleive after an 0-5 start i might look at my bench for some help, there is some help there i promise you that

825624048[/snapback]

Yes if your varsity is going to be sucessful your JV has to get their reps in you need at least 15 to 25 JV games or your just not going to have what it takes to compete with all the good teams thats out there now. If there is a freshman that is better he needs to be on the field. We start a freshman at third base right now and is as good as you will find anywhere. The underclassmen need there reps period.

825624002[/snapback]

ok we arent out to make the underclassman better...we arent playing to make the team better a couple of years down the road from now. right now we are in a slump but dont say we need to play underclassman more because that wouldnt help our situation out at all. jv baseball is very different from varsity. if you dont have xperience then you shouldnt be complaining about playing time. when your time comes to actually play in varsity games then you will understand what i am talking about. but until then just do ur job to support the team and stop thinking about how unfair it is that you arent getting to play