District 7A

gotmilk?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top team should be Pickett Co,They return Mason ,Wright,Bailey if he chooses to play and some more returning starters can,t think of their names right now. Monterey returns quite a few starters,a lot will depend on the health of Phillips as their number 1 pitcher,Clay Co. returns most of their players with McClerran as their top pitcher,Clarkrange I cannot say much about,no one stands out as best I can remember,Hermitage Springs will return players but they need more kids to come out and improve a lot from last year,after losing 7 starters off of last years team,district 7A regular season and tournament champions R.B.S. will have to pick up some players if they want to be in the race.They have first baseman Josh York back,last year was his first full year of playing since Babe Ruth and he was a good hitter and played fine Defense,Matt Swoner will return,he was a clutch player on offense and defense,he has had eye problems and I hope he will return to form as he was before,another starter and probalby the best pitcher in the district if healthy is Matt Heady,he missed all of last year after knee surgery,they have some players on the bench that can play but they will have to step up in a hurry,also some of the other students that should have played the last couple of years,if they decide to come out and play it will take a while to adjust,but they would add a lot to the team.On the coaching side if David Swoner coaches again this time it will be great for the kids of RBS,those seniors last thought a lot of David.Looper is a good coach at Monterey and always has his players ready,Clarkrange do not even know who their coach is? MacDaniel at Clay Co. the book is still out on him,H.S. don,t know how he,Bibb at Pickett Co is a good Basketball coach,but seems not to have the drive to be a baseball coach,With that said i would just like to say thanks again to last years seniors at RBS,Craig Watson,Jay Mason,Dustin Halliburton,Evan Birdwell,Marcus Hudson,Devan Turner,and Joe England,Again guys thanks a lot.

If Heady's knee holds up and he is able to pitch well we should be alright this year...we just need to find about 2 more pitchers; that'll be tough but I think we can survive that...My eye is getting better...I had surgery yesterday on the 21st and have one more minor surgery, so I should be alright, but i've been throwing anyway incase I have to play w/ one good eye and i've gotten use to it...Josh seems to be the only healthy starter we have coming back...Clay, Monterey, RBS, and Pickett should be pretty even this year I believe because Clay and Pickett are returning some good players, but I don't believe they have much pitching...and RBS and Monterey should have the best 2 pitchers in the district in Heady and Phillips if both are healthy and Heady is playing basketball right now and Phillips played football so they should be alright...Clarkrange and HS is going to have a rebuilding year this year...

Last year we won it for the first time ever I believe...we had a great group of players who played together and i'm glad we got a district under our belts...We get the tournament here at RBS this year...so that is an advantage going into this year...