Wrestling Camps

I wrestle

I would like to know what the best camps to go to over the summer so I can get better?

825497076[/snapback]

Depends on what you are looking for. Brands runs a mean intensive camp at UTC that is limited to only 40 people and brings in the BEST from all around. Last year, everybody in the room was a state placer and there was some serious head-bustin (Trust me, I know!). If you're looking for more of a technique-oriented camp, OU has an outstanding one. There are three sessions a day, each of which is divided into two more sessions (6 total); three of the sessions are devoted to technique -- and YOU get to choose what YOU want to work on at individual "stations" (i.e. cradles, set-ups, etc...) -- and three to live wrestling on dual teams that compete in a tourney. You can either do a 5 or 10- day technique camp, an 10-day intensive camp (technique + HARD work), or a 5-day kids camp. The camps are very reasonably priced and you eat at the college dining hall (excellent choices). I've also heard good things about OSU, but still recommend the "Oklahoma Gold" camps.

Well I'm going to be in high school next year and I won't to get to be the best I can because in middle school is easyer than high school. I'm just looking for good ones to get ready for high school thumb

825497487[/snapback]

The Southern Champions camp is a good commuter camp. The kids get a lot of instruction and live wrestling in a dual meet format. This past summer it was held at MBA. It is usually held the 2nd full week of July. Lunch is included and the cost is very reasonable. Coaches that were there last year were Frank Simpson from MBA, Pat Simpson from Father Ryan, Steve Henry from Soddy Daisy, Tommy Badon from Dickson County, Wlat Holmes from Houston, Luther Killian from McCallie and other coaches from good programs.

Well said from Coach Delgado. The Southern Champions Wrestling Camp will offer three camps in 2005, its twelfth year of instruction and competition.

More details later but dates, locations and contact information are:

Knoxville Catholic High School: Don Beardsley at 865-579-1579

Houston High School: Walt Holmes at 901-382-1839

Montgomery Bell Academy: Frank Simpson at 615-298-5514-238 or 662-7844

Southern Champions Wrestling Camps: Luther Killian at 423-698-7385 or scwcamp@yahoo.com

Another camp coming to Middle Tennessee this summer is the Frankie James camp. Frankie is the Head Coach at Campellsville University in Campellsville, Ky. He was the 2002 Southern Conference Coach of the Year while coaching at Chattanooga. It will either be held at Blackman High or Smyrna High. I'll keep you guys posted.

Can you beat a Dan Gable Camp? This camp is one of Tennessee's best keep secrets. Gable only does about 6 camps a year the All Results Camp held at Austin Peay State University is one of those. There are eight mats for only 200 wrestlers which gives you alot of space to work out in. The camp could easily pack 400 in but the directors are more interested in puting on a quality camp than a high number quantnity camp. The camp moved to APSU's campus to offer dorm housing last year.

Can you beat a Dan Gable Camp?  This camp is one of Tennessee's best keep secrets.  Gable only does about 6 camps a year the All Results Camp held at Austin Peay State University is one of those.  There are eight mats for only 200 wrestlers which gives you alot of space to work out in.  The camp could easily pack 400 in but the directors are more interested in puting on a quality camp than a high number quantnity camp.  The camp moved to APSU's campus to offer dorm housing last year.

825499891[/snapback]

I have to agree about the All Results Camp. We have taken kids for the last two years and they have absolutely loved it and it has helped them greatly.

If you have the time and money Iowa puts on some great camps. We have had a few go to the technique with positive results and comments and one survived the Intensive Camp but it totally molded him into a much tougher wrestler.

I have to agree about the All Results Camp.  We have taken kids for the last two years and they have absolutely loved it and it has helped them greatly.

If you have the time and money Iowa puts on some great camps.  We have had a few go to the technique with positive results and comments and one survived the Intensive Camp but it totally molded him into a much tougher wrestler.

825500978[/snapback]

Who is the contact for this camp?