Loretto Wins Lauderdale County Inv.!

score3

ACTUAL SCORE LORETTO-72, DESHLER-65

NORTHWEST ALABAMA GIRLS CHRISTMAS TOURNMENT FINALS!

LORETTO WINS IN OVERTIME, DEFEATS CURRENTLY RANKED #1 4A DESHLER

(ALABAMA). DESHLER HAS WON THE PREVIOUS TWO STATE TITLES IN 4A ALABAMA.

THE TWO TEAMS WERE TIED 15-15 AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER.

IT WAS EITHER TIED AT THE HALF OR A ONE POINT GAME.

LORETTO LEAD 60-57 WITH 8 SECONDS TO PLAY, DESHLER HIT A 3 POINTER ON

BUZZER TO SEND THE GAME INTO OVERTIME. LORETTO JUMPED OUT TO THE

LEAD AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.

I DONT HAVE ACTUAL SCORING FOR THE GIRLS BUT JANA CROSS HAD HER

FOURTH CONSECUTIVE NIGHT OF BIG SCORING. MON-26PTS, TUE-26PTS

WED-29PTS.

JANA WASN'T THE ONLY LADY MUSTANG LEADING THE TEAM, PAIGE HANNAH,

NIKKI REED,LAURA BIRYSHAW, LEAH STONE AND CHANNING FRANKLIN ALL

HAD GREAT GAMES ON BOTH OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. SARA BREWER PLAYED

WELL IN LIMITED ACTION. GREAT JOB TO ALL ELEVEN LADY MUSTANGS.

Edited by 4MUSTANGS

Congratulations Loretto Lady Mustangs on your great wins in this tournament, especially over Deshler, and to Jana Cross for her points and rebounds. Thanks for the reports, score3 and 4MUSTANGS. So, I guess I better add up Jana's points and see how close she's getting to 1500 for her career. I think Loretto returns to district play at Marshall Co. on Fri., Jan 7 and then will be seeking revenge against Giles Co. on the next Fri., Jan 14. I'll probably make the trip to Loretto for that game as I'm sure Loretto will be ready for the Lady Bobcats.

According to game stat totals given by PageMan, and tournament score reports by 4MUSTANGS, Jana has 1,190 points right now (January 5th). She is well on pace for 2,000 if she keeps this up.

I might also add I have entered all scoring information into the Loretto Stats page. Here's a link to it Loretto Stats This shows average points/game, and total points. Mrs. Cross is averaging 22.1 points/game as of now. (I might also add 22 was her number in elementary basketball). Just thought I would pass that along.

Edited by score3

Thanks, score3, I knew you would know. With approximately 13 regular season games remaining for Loretto, and if Jana scores 20 pts a game, that would give her 260 pts more. Adding that to the present (Jan. 5) total of 1190 would give her 1450 as she enters post season play starting with the district tournament on Feb. 21. I would guess she will pass 1500 in either the district or regional tournaments.