3AAA TOUGH DISTRICT RACE

RimRecker

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me make a correction there for you buddy.  It's 4 games not 2.  The reason why they've only won 4 games is because they have a horrible coach.

825507853[/snapback]

Part of Campbell County's problem is that they play in a very competitive district. Powell, Halls and Oak Ridge seem to be the top three followed by Karns, Clinton and Central. It seems as though the only teams that control their own destiny are Oak Ridge and Halls. if either of those teams win out (very unlikely) they will win the district. Personally, I think Powell is about to go on a big run. They have Central, Karns and Halls in the next nine days, and I think that they will win all of them. In fact, outside of the Fulton game, I would pick Powell to win the remaining games on their schedule, with the possible exception of the Bearden game.

Karns is flat out disappointing. They play ZERO defense. I also think that I over estimated their talent level a little bit. I was in love with Fersner's game when he was a sophomore, but I don't really think that he has improved. Back then, I thought he was a shoo-in to be a DI player. Now, there is no way. He can't handle it well enough and he is not a great shooter. Clinton plays hard, but they have had a noticable drop off in talent, especially in the post.

I cannot really speak to Halls. I only saw them play in the Jamboree. They are winning a bunch of games, so they must be doing something right. Oak Ridge beat Powell handily at Oak Ridge, but I think that Powell wil play them much better this time. Grant Domsic torched Lee Smith, so I doubt that Ogan will put Smith on Domsic again. If I was Smith, I would want another shot at him. I think that Oak Ridge will win the district, followed closely by Powell and/or Halls. Everyone else is playing for third.

However, if Powell can find another steady ball handler to complement Hargis, I think that Powell will win the district tournament over Oak Ridge.

OAKRIDGE WILL PROBALLY FINISH 1ST, FOLOWWED BY KARNS , CLINTON, POWELL, HALLS, CENTRAL , CAMPBELL CO.

CLINTON HAS THE HARDEST SCHEDULE OF ANY TEAMS IN THE DISTRICT/ REGION, FOLLWED BY OR.

POWELLS PLAYED SOME GOOD TEAMS. HALLS HAS PLAYED NO ONE BESIDES, KARNS.

TOO SOFT OF OF A SCHEDULE. REALLY OVER RATED.

CENTRAL WILL SURPRISE SOME TEAMS , JUST ASK CLINTON. CAMPBELL CO. CAN ALSO SPOIL SOME FUN .

WILL BE FUN TO WATCH DOWN THE STRECTH.

In district 3AAA this year any team can beat any team on any night. Central upset Clinton by about 15 and Clinton beat Powell and i believe Powell beat Karns and so on. So im not making any predictions right now because they could be 100% wrong the way the district is this tightly packed right now.

825509306[/snapback]

Oakridge

Powell

Clinton

Halls

Karns in that order

Dist 3 Standings....

Tonight:

Oak Ridge.. 77 - Alcoa 47 - Wow! Big win for the cats.

Karns........ 79 - Campbell Co. 67 - Expected spread.

Central......54 - Powell 60 - Closer than expected?

Team...........Dist.......W%......Overall...W%...

OAK RIDGE... 3-0... 1.000%.....9-9... 0.500%

KARNS.......... 4-1... 0.800%....10-5.. 0.667%

POWELL........ 3-2.... 0.600%...11-5.. 0.688%

HALLS........... 1-1... 0.500%.....9-3... 0.750%

CENTRAL....... 2-3... 0.400%.....6-8... 0.429%

CLINTON....... 1-3....0.250%.....7-9... 0.438%

CAMPBELL C.. 0-4... 0.000%.....2-6... 0.250%