3AAA TOUGH DISTRICT RACE

RimRecker

I disagree about the central coach comment. I believe he is one of th ebest in the district and seems like he is well prepared against the teams that he is playing against. But as for the District i believe Oak Ridge will win it but as to who comes in 2-6 is still a mystery. It could be just a matter of 1 game as to who is 2nd and whose 6th and the district tourney should be one to watch later on because any team in the district can upset anyother team in the district on any night i believe. As we saw the first Clinton-Central game, I myself thought it wouldnt be close, well i was right it wasnt close but it was Central that beat Clinton bad instead of the other way around. We will see if it was a fluke or not tonight.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree about the central coach comment. I believe he is one of th ebest in the district and seems like he is well prepared against the teams that he is playing against. But as for the District i believe Oak Ridge will win it but as to who comes in 2-6 is still a mystery. It could be just a matter of 1 game as to who is 2nd and whose 6th and the district tourney should be one to watch later on because any team in the district can upset anyother team in the district on any night i believe. As we saw the first Clinton-Central game, I myself thought it wouldnt be close, well i was right it wasnt close but it was Central that beat Clinton bad instead of the other way around. We will see if it was a fluke or not tonight.

825515095[/snapback]

It appears that clinton demolished central, 77-45 according to knoxpreps.com and that halls' bubble was burst by oak ridge where the wildcats outscored the red devils by 13 in the second half to win by 14, 79-65. also, powell won 79-70 i believe over karns. Congrats to all 3. Big game friday, Halls at Powell. I wish I could go, but i won't be in town for that one.

No surprises last night.

Karns didn't defend the whole floor and gave too many 3's and stil let Smith score 23. Fersner was 6 for 22 all of this adds up to another loss for the Beavers.

Halls may have been a little rusty and their weak schdule showed up. They also must play better on the defensive end if they plan to win against quality competition.

Central doesn't have the luxury of sneaking up on anybody after some early success. Clinton over looked Central in their first meeting bu that wasn't the case last night.

Campbell Co. lost to Seymour.

Friday Night Looks like this.

Halls at Powell

If Powell can get the continued improved perimeter play along with their excellent post play they should win. Cameron Sharp want be enough for the Devils as the improved competion will continue to send them south in the standings.

Karns at Central No home court advantage for Karns but it shoudn't matter because in Ftn. City there just isn't much interest in Basketball. Central is improved but not enough. But Karns better be careful if they aren't ready to play they will get beat.

O.R. at Campbell Co. C.C. this is your chance to make a statement. But I don't look for it to happen. O.R. is the stronest team in the distict and theywill continue their winning ways.

Clinton plays Anderson Co. should be a great game. Look for the Dragons to win.

i have heard that 2 or 3 players from cchs quit, and was not with the team at the karns game.

does anyone know anything about that? or was it a rumor? how many players on this team played aau ball this past summer and if they did ...how did they do against other teams ???

GO COUGARS BEAT SEYMOUR

825513766[/snapback]

Almost every one of the players on cchs's team played aau ball this summer they went to the south doyle tournament and won it easily with some quality teams there.

It is sad to see young men quit on their H.S. team. It just seems like the problems could be resloved if individuals were willing to compromise and evaluate how they could resolve the conflict. Best of luck to the young men but sooner or latter thy will realize that quitting is not a resolution to their problems. A very wise man once told me that when you quit your problems come with you.