tnranker's mid season poll

tnranker

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ringgold has always been a power house with numerous state championships.  Last year, Ringgold won the 4A duals, and LaFayette, Georgia won the 4A individuals.  BTW, Ringgold and LFO are both closer to downtown Chattanooga than is: Soddy Daisy, Bradley Central and Cleveland.

Youth club wrestling in this area is competitive.

825516664[/snapback]

RMC's right!! Nah, really I was referring back in the 70's and early eighties when I was an "okay" wrestler and tied a three time state champ from Ringgold. Today's three time state champ from Ringgold would need better than an average TN wrestler to lose. CH's Tyler Parker may as well, right RMC?

Let's not do the multiple division thing in TN? 2-3 are enough. Another topic, perhaps.

I think it would be a huge fund raiser for a team to head up a "kickoff Classic" pairing up the top teams from each TN Div and have a special invitation to teams just over the line like, Ringgold, LaFayette, ect. CH can keep coming to the Cleveland Duals :D .

soms

Sommers...I like what happend last year between Parkview and Bradley Central and wish that an event like that could happen each year.

Take the top 5A Georgia team and put them against the top Tennessee team and do it before a UTC match. Or take the top 2 from each.

Sommers...I like what happend last year between Parkview and Bradley Central and wish that an event like that could happen each year. 

Take the top 5A Georgia team and put them against the top Tennessee team and do it before a UTC match.  Or take the top 2 from each.

825518094[/snapback]

Parkview-Bradley last year was great! I anticipated that match for a month and was not disapointed. Would like to have tha to look forward to each year.

At Heavyweight allen (Cordova) has beaten Lindow (Collierville) every time they have ever wrestled (including once this season).  How is Lindow in front of Allen?

825512135[/snapback]

I believe they will be meeting up again this coming Tuesday when Cordova Meets Collierville at Houston High School.

• 2 weeks later...
RMC's right!!  Nah, really I was referring back in the 70's and early eighties when I was an "okay" wrestler and tied a three time state champ from Ringgold.  Today's three time state champ from Ringgold would need better than an average TN wrestler to lose.  CH's Tyler Parker may as well, right RMC?

Let's not do the multiple division thing in TN?  2-3 are enough. Another topic, perhaps.

I think it would be a huge fund raiser for a team to head up a "kickoff Classic" pairing up the top teams from each TN Div and have a special invitation to teams just over the line like, Ringgold, LaFayette, ect.  CH can keep coming to the Cleveland Duals ;) .

soms

825517980[/snapback]

Bobby Bullard, of Baylor and former state champ reminded me over the weekend, that I tied Kenny Hill, 3x champ, from LV-Ft. Oglethorpe; and of couse, Bobby beat him. ;)

2005 looks a little strong for Georgia wreslers at D-4 and D-5. I am wondering if these divisions don't foster greater fan/school support than what we have now. I never thought I would see myself saying that.

RMC, do you have some first hand observstions on this topic?

Perhaps we should start or resurrect a string on this topic as well?

soms

Edited by Sommers

Sommers...I'm not sure I understand what you're asking me. If it's about fan support in general I think Tennessee and Georgia are pretty equal there. There are some teams down here that have rabid fans and have great followings.

Next year might be a good year for those wanting to check out the Georgia 5A state championship since it is supposed to be held at the Gwinnett Arena. We'd love to have you come over and sit with the 1500 or so Collins Hill fans that make the annual trek to the state tournament.

The only thing I have seen here close to the environment of Baylor - McCallie would be when Collins Hill faces Parkview, McEachern or Walton.

Now...what I would pay money to see and drive to Chattanooga to see.........Baylor - Bradley Central.....maybe before a UTC match. I'd love to see those two fans groups together. Probably need a weapons check at the door!