Looking way ahead...

CPGB06

I have seen Mt. Juliet play and I have seen Harpeth Hall play. They are scheduled to play each other on Tuesday, February 5th. Right now I would have to say it is a "pick 'em". And frankly, this DI vs DII match up will most likely tell you who is the best team in the state. I cannot wait!

I have seen Mt. Juliet play and I have seen Harpeth Hall play.  They are scheduled to play each other on Tuesday, February 5th.  Right now I would have to say it is a "pick 'em".  And frankly, this DI vs DII match up will most likely tell you who is the best team in the state.  I cannot wait!

825510302[/snapback]

Absolutely! Lets hope both teams stay healthy for this match-up.

You have to be kidding me that you would say this game would be a toss up. I have seen both teams play as well. Harpeth Hall has an outstanding team and should be the favorite to win the D-2 state championship. I think its a consecous opinion around the STATE that MtJ is the strongiest team in Tennessee and the favorite to win the Class AAA State Championship. And if Harpeth Hall can only beat Wilson Central by 1 point with Sara Williams not playing that should tell you something. I agree I think it will be a good game but MtJ wins by 10+

Just to let you know they have played in scrimages and MtJ defeated them by double digits. I know scrimages are not to be taken seriously.

Edited by MtJBears

Yes, Mt. Juliet did beat Harpeth Hall in the scrimmage earlier this season. However, Harpeth Hall was without three of their starters- post Taylor Parrish, point guard Julie French, and Princeton bound Whitney Downs. Also, I think its hard to base a teams overall success on how they have performed against other teams.

February is a long time away, and both teams could improve a lot before then. Hopefully, all players will stay healthy so that this will be as good a game as it can be.

I guess we'll just have to wait until Feb., but I'm predicting Harpeth Hall will give Mt. Juliet a run for their money. Good luck to both teams until then.

Edited by bball13

Harpeth Hall vs Mt. Juliet a pickem?

Dude, please hook me up with those odds. I'll take MTJ that game and wager as much as you'd want. $100? $200? $500 :)

Stay away from Las Vegas. Harpeth Hall played WCHS (nowhere near as good as MTJ, at least not right now) and lost the 1st game by 4 and won the second by 1 without our starting post.

MTJ is also rated 9th in the US. Harpeth Hall is rated #1 in division II?

MTJ by 20 plus.

You have to be kidding me that you would say this game would be a toss up.  I have seen both teams play as well.  Harpeth Hall has an outstanding team and should be the favorite to win the D-2 state championship.  I think its a consecous opinion around the STATE that MtJ is the strongiest team in Tennessee and the favorite to win the Class AAA State Championship.  And if Harpeth Hall can only beat Wilson Central by 1 point with Sara Williams not playing that should tell you something.  I agree I think it will be a good game but MtJ wins by 10+

Just to let you know they have played in scrimages and MtJ defeated them by double digits.  I know scrimages are not to be taken seriously.

825510411[/snapback]

MTJB

I am pretty sure I know who you are, and so you know who I am. So you should also know how I feel about Alysha and Gib. I know that the MJ girls will be ready to play, but I watched HH play, and WOW! If HH puts what I saw on the floor, it will be a great and close game. I would not let one off game dictate how that team can play. Remember Indiana's Finest?

CP

MTJB

I am pretty sure I know who you are, and so you know who I am.  So you should also know how I feel about Alysha and Gib.  I know that the MJ girls will be ready to play, but I watched HH play, and WOW!  If HH puts what I saw on the floor, it will be a great and close game.  I would not let one off game dictate how that team can play.  Remember Indiana's Finest?

CP

825511859[/snapback]

Well CP I have "no" idea who you are. If you know who I am I'm in shock.

First of all HH has had more than ONE off game. They've lost 4 games and had more than 2 close calls.

On the other hand MtJ has played some of the TOUGHIEST competition around. Smyrna, Clarksville-Northeast, Oakland, Lake Mary of Fla, Walker Valley, Greeneville, and Powell. They are undefeated with their closiest game being a 9 point win that could have easily been 15.

HH has a good team and they are capable of winning the D-2 championship. But there is NO WAY they could play the competition MtJ plays and be as successful.

Mt. Juliet will beat HH by 10 points or more.

Tough competition? Although Mt. Juliet does have a very tough schedule, keep in mind that Harpeth Hall's was ranked #1 in the state last year and will probably be very close to the top this year. The Lady Bears have to play some weaker teams in their region two times a season due to their classification. Also keep in mind that three of their four losses have come to the top teams in the nation, including the number 8th and 20th ranked teams in the nation from the preseason polls; the bears were also playing without Miss Basketball Sarah Baker. Just don't be surprised if the Bears give MJ a run for their money come February.