Sequoyah

sneakypete

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I talked to someone earlier today that is close to the program. They said that they may have to reopen the process, they are not overlythrilled with any of the candidates, other than the ones they don't have a position for. Rumor is that a special ed position will be the one that comes open. No PE, No History unless the old HC leaves.

I do know one person who wants it but only wants a 100 day contract, but I don't think they are going to bite at that one...administration that is.

Guess we will see soon.

• 3 weeks later...
No news yet, possible Special Ed position opening, though.  Could happen this week.  They are wanting someone in for spring ball.  Could be a good or bad hire depending on what happens with the teaching spot.  If nothing opens who knows what happens.

825637590[/snapback]

Thanks to NCLB: schools are now locked into teaching slots! You can no longer hire the best coach you must hire strictly based on your teaching slots!

Is this for sure, or just speculation?  and, how many from Georgia applied?

825639422[/snapback]

I am pretty sure this is not speculation. Ther was a guy here last week looking arond. He was here for acouple of days. I think his name is Holloway or something like that. He is from Georgia and has a pretty good mix of coaching experience. He has been a Defensive coordinator and coached at the college level at the University of North Alabama during the 3 straight National Championships. He seems to be pretty excited abou the challenge in front of him. If given a fair shake he may do a real good job. Word has it he is a winner an hates losing. Good resume from what I understand.

I am pretty sure this is not speculation.  Ther was a guy here last week looking arond. He was here for acouple of days.  I think his name is Holloway or something like that.  He is from Georgia and has a pretty good mix of coaching experience.  He has been a Defensive coordinator and coached at the college level at the University of North Alabama during the 3 straight National Championships.  He seems to be pretty excited abou the challenge in front of him.  If given a fair shake he may do a real good job.  Word has it he is a winner an hates losing.  Good resume from what I understand.

825639471[/snapback]

Get ready for a new head coach in either 2006 or 2007. He will not be staying long. ;);)

Get ready for a new head coach in either 2006 or 2007.  He will not be staying long. :P  :D

825639510[/snapback]

Why do you think he will not be staying long? I heard he wants to get somewhere and settle down and raise his family. Do you think they will run him off. Obviously he will not be leaving for money. If he is coming from Georgia he is probably taking a pay cut. I guess you are saying he will be fired. Is that correct or is it something else.