Guest Oakland

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Oakland congraulations on being ranked #2 in the AP State Poll. If I rememeber thats where I had you guys ranked in my poll I posted..... thumb

The upcoming game with Oakland vs. Cookeville should be a headliner with the Mt. Juliet vs. Wilson Central also.

Cookeville is playing at home and it is crucial that the home team holds serve in the race for the top seed.

I think it will be a close game and Oakland pulls out the victory in the 4th. quarter.

Guest Oakland
Hey Oakland congraulations on being ranked #2 in the AP State Poll.  If I rememeber thats where I had you guys ranked in my poll I posted.....    thumb

The upcoming game with Oakland vs. Cookeville should be a headliner with the Mt. Juliet vs. Wilson Central also.

Cookeville is playing at home and it is crucial that the home team holds serve in the race for the top seed.

I think it will be a close game and Oakland pulls out the victory in the 4th. quarter.

825516919[/snapback]

agreed. suprised this game hasnt got that much activity yet, but im sure it will pick up in the coming days. this game will be tough enough but with it being at cookeville will make it that much tougher for the lady pats. if the lady pats can get by this game with a win, it isnt out of the realm of possibility that they go unbeaten in district play, which has never happened for girls or guys basketball.

Oakland[/url'>' date='Jan 12 2005 - 05:59 PM']agreed. suprised this game hasnt got that much activity yet, but im sure it will pick up in the coming days. this game will be tough enough but with it being at cookeville will make it that much tougher for the lady pats. if the lady pats can get by this game with a win, it isnt out of the realm of possibility that they go unbeaten in district play, which has never happened for girls or guys basketball.

825516928[/snapback]

What has never happened? Oakland and other teams have went undefeated in this District. Or are you talking about both teams going undefeated?

Guest Oakland
What has never happened? Oakland and other teams have went undefeated in this District. Or are you talking about both teams going undefeated?

825517020[/snapback]

meant to say oakland girls going unbeaten, i dont believe its happened before

Guest Oakland
I'm refering to the rash of Technical fouls that have been called,  in the last week or two, all over Middle Tn.  :)

825517247[/snapback]

well, i dont think the "T" bird is coming to cookeville. if he does, ill make sure to take care of him :)

This post is for OAKLAND.

It looks like most feels that Oakland will win. but..... Cookeville I think will win it, but it will be a close game.

It is "homecoming" for CHS, and one of your Oakland players will also be coming "home". A trivial fact you probably did not know, but your star guard, Tabitha, started her career in Cookeville. And , without my picking her way back in the 5th grade at Prescott, she may have not been playing bb, but soccer. I was helping as an asst. coach, and the head coach (B. Dawson) had already picked the team in an earlier tryout. One girl quit, and he asked me to pick from one of the alternates. I saw a girl that did not know hardly how to dribble (left or right hand), but I saw the quickness and the desire there. After placing her on this traveling elementary team she went on to greatness and the rest is history, as she helped her teammates to an undefeated season (Prescott 6th grade) and at Avery Trace (8th grade). Yes, we beat Mt. Juliet (on their home courtl) also. At the beginning of her freshman year, the family had to move based on a job in Nashville area.

She has played many games with these Cookeville ladies, including school, YBOA, and AAU ball. All of these girls are close friends, and with each of these seniors they will probably play at their best. I am sure all will be glad to see Tab. We wish that we could have kept her family here in Cookeville, but a job around here did not develop. She has had a great career at Brentwood, Shelbyville, and now at Oakland and we wish her the best if she later pursues college ball.

But most of all we hope that Cookeville will pull out a win. If not, it will be a great game between the best two teams in district 7AAA. But after, the game, win or lose, I am sure the Cookeville girls and Tab will hug and still be good friends.

Go Cookeville!

Guest Oakland
This post is for OAKLAND.

It looks like most feels that Oakland will win. but..... Cookeville I think will win it, but it will be a close game.

It is "homecoming" for CHS, and one of your Oakland players will also be coming "home".  A trivial fact you probably did not know, but your star guard, Tabitha, started her career in Cookeville.  And , without my picking her way back in the 5th grade at Prescott, she may have not been playing bb, but soccer.  I was helping as an asst. coach, and the head coach (B. Dawson) had already picked the team in an earlier tryout.  One girl quit, and he asked me to pick from one of the alternates.  I saw a girl that did not know hardly how to dribble (left or right hand), but I saw the quickness and the desire there.  After placing her on this traveling elementary team she went on to greatness and  the rest is history, as she helped her teammates to an undefeated season (Prescott 6th grade) and at Avery Trace (8th grade).  Yes, we beat Mt. Juliet (on their home courtl) also.  At the beginning of her freshman year, the family had to move based on a job in Nashville area.

She has played many games with these Cookeville ladies, including school, YBOA, and AAU ball.  All of these girls are close friends, and with each of these seniors they will probably play at their best. I am sure all will be glad to see Tab.  We wish that we could have kept her family here in Cookeville, but a job around here did not develop. She has had a great career at Brentwood, Shelbyville, and now at Oakland and we wish her the best if she later pursues college ball.

But most of all we hope that Cookeville will pull out a win.  If not, it will be a great game between the best two teams in district 7AAA.  But after, the game, win or lose, I am sure the Cookeville girls and Tab will hug and still be good friends. 

Go Cookeville!

825517359[/snapback]

very nice story. you are right, i really didnt know much about tabitha until a few games into the season, i appreciate you sharing the story on this thread.

obviosuly im biased and i feel that oakland will win this game and i feel their tough non-district schedule has prepared them for games such as these. i feel this game depends a lot on how the tempo of the game will be, if this game is up and down and high scoring, i think oakland wins going away.

oh yeah, a word of advice to mindy odom, DONT ZONE OAKLAND. white co and blackman both tried it and oakland destroyed it. tabitha has scored 30 pts in the last 2 games off of the 2-3 zone

Guest Oakland
To Oakland:

Being at practically all Cookeville games the past 6 yrs. I do not remember a time we ever played a zone anyways.  I think most coaches know that and know that Cookeville normally plays good defense.

It should be a great game.

825517878[/snapback]

i couldnt remember if cookeville had or not, so i wasnt sure. your right, it should be a good game. at cookeville has always been the 1 game that has been hard for oakland to win and imagine that will hold true for friday night as well.

im sure odom will come up with a good gameplan on defense................