GP West/Bruin Invitational Final Results

fiscon

Felix got the first takedown. He was doing alright, than it seemed like he just broke down. He and his brother stayed on the front-headlock way toooo long!!! I mean come on, at least do something with it. My best advice is to watch the Mccallie guys; they know how to score from the front head-lock.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wrestle, Matre Dei should have been in the tournament because the host coach invited them to be in it. The tournament was supposed to be just what you saw it to be, because, with the consent of the teams who accepted invitations or asked to be invited, that's the way the host fashioned it.

From this spector-fan's point of view, the tournament achieved not only a portion of what you were looking for, as Sundancer said, it gave top-end wrestlers a great chance at honing skills in preparation for the end of the season competition.

Not only did the host pull together a fine pool of teams, in agreement with what others have expressed, his tournament organization team kept the action flowing smoothly from start to finish.

I was a wrestler in this tournament and I think that Mater Dei should not have been there. This was a tournament to more or less decide how the TENNESSEE state tournament was going to go down not the Indiana state tournament. Don't get me wrong this team is amazing yes, but that is my point they should not have been there.

825522593[/snapback]

if you dont wrestle better peolpe than you it becomes harder to improve because you head gets big. I think some of our more serous wrestlers like this because one faces that type of competion on the next level such as Fargo

Can someone tell me what happend in the 140 semi's Felix vs. Chamberlin. I know Chamberlin is good but I thought Felix would win. Can someone tell me if he just caught him or was it just better wrestling... Thanks

825522501[/snapback]

FElix was sick this match but got better in consolations.

Many TN wrestlers dream of going on to wrestle in college, however due to constraints they are not always able to travel out of TN to see how it is done in other states.  For the TN athletes that fall into this category it is critical that they compete in events where there are teams from other states coming in for the event.  Yes Mater Dei is amazing, but look at how much you learn from wrestling & watching these guys compete on the mat.  Look around at some of the better teams across our state - typically they have programs that travel to out of state tournaments & camps, not to mention spring & summer wrestling programs.

More wrestlers need to remember win or lose - you learn from every match what you need to be working on to improve.  Mater Dei handed out a lot of homework to the TN boys prepare them for the State Championships next month.

Good luck to all wrestlers and coaches as they prepare for regional & state events!

825522627[/snapback]

I think that it was a good thing that the Mater Dei team participated in the tournment. They were tough!!! Facing a team of their caliber can actually benefit a team in the long run. Losing can be a great incentive to work harder.

A big shout-out to the Weakley Brothers of Clarksville for their accomplishments in the tourney. Brad 2nd in the Freshman and Jim 5th in 189 :lol:

How were the seedings for this tournament done? Did someone miss something on the kid from MD at 160. Looked like he basically walked through the tournament.

What about Meredith, was he seeded #1?

825524698[/snapback]

I had heard through the grapevine that the EMD 160 pounder was something like 16-5 on the year and this year is his first year in the varsity line-up. Even knowing that EMD wrestles a tough schedule, it is hard to seed someone who is 16-5 above state medalists without the benefit of comon opponents.

As for Meredith, yes he was 1st seed and looked it. Too bad they did not have upper and lower weight MOW awards like they did at F.R., because I felt like he and Cody both deserved it.

For that matter Matt Coughlin would have been a fair choice as well. I can understand why he's ranked #1 in the nation. I would love to see him and Marable go at it.

Anyway I thought it was a great tournament even if the seeds didn't work out perfect. Besides, if seeds were always right, we wouldn't have to bother wrestling, we could give out the awards based on the seeds.

I had heard through the grapevine that the EMD 160 pounder was something like 16-5 on the year and this year is his first year in the varsity line-up.  Even knowing that EMD wrestles a tough schedule, it is hard to seed someone who is 16-5 above state medalists without the benefit of comon opponents.

As for Meredith, yes he was 1st seed and looked it.  Too bad they did not have upper and lower weight MOW awards like they did at F.R., because I felt like he and Cody both deserved it.

For that matter Matt Coughlin would have been a fair choice as well.  I can understand why he's ranked #1 in the nation.  I would love to see him and Marable go at it. 

Anyway I thought it was a great tournament even if the seeds didn't work out perfect.  Besides, if seeds were always right, we wouldn't have to bother wrestling, we could give out the awards based on the seeds.

825524786[/snapback]

Yeah, then I would have 3 champions instead of one. Dang it!