HARPETH @ COLUMBIA CENTRAL FEB 1

HARPETHBOOSTER

Harpethbooster, sounds like the word is in from the Duck River Valley........no sense in even showing up.

825543905[/snapback]

Yes by all means there is sense in showing up. Our only 2 common opponents were Lawrence Co. and Maplewood. You beat L.C. by 2 and blew out Maplewood, We beat both soundly so it sounds like a war in the Lions Den. It'll be fun. Both teams are playing extreemly well and this will help both teams get ready for tournaments.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could one of the Harpeth fans give us a run down on the squad and sizes and averages ect. We have everything updated as of Friday night on www.columbialadylions.com for the Lady Lions who beat Franklin 44-24 last evening in a game the Lady Rebels tried a deliberate attack offensively and could keep the turnovers down and also couldn't keep up with the pressure.

Nikki Ellis (Sr)- 5'-7"- 12.6 ppg

Kristi Ensminger(Jr)- 5'-8"- 12.3 ppg

Holly Finch(Sr)- 6'-0"- 5.8 ppg

Mandy Mendenhall(So)- 5'-7"- 11.4 ppg

Salem Richardson(So)- 5'-6"- 10.0 ppg

Bench- 11.6 ppg

Nice website for the Lady Lions!

825544311[/snapback]

Thank you I'll forward this to the person that does it.

Look for nancy moore of columbia to have a big game she just went over 1000 pts for her career.  i am not predicting either way b/c i haven't seen columbia play but should be a tough one for both teams

825528651[/snapback]

well that may be true but one of harpeths start players has also recently went over her 1000 point mark so i am looking forward to the game and i am pulling for the lady indians but good luck to both teams hope to see a great game!

It will be a great game(I Hope). I know there will several college coaches there watching(Talked to them this today). It should be a great environment and a wonderful night for girls basketball!!!

Shootmore, What do you know about college coaches??? I mean you act like you have some inside game with the big wigs. Anyway, I see the Lady Indians coming out on fire to take an early lead. However, with big Armstrong inside and Ross coming on in the second...columbia is too much for the Lady Indians to handle in a close one. Columbia 48, Harpeth 43! How's that for a prediction??? I'm not scared.

Yes- The crowd support has been good this year. They don't get there till right at 6:30 or maybe 6:35. But with the band,student section and fans, it is a good environment for high school basketball.

825546706[/snapback]

OH, by the way... What's up with the Columbia Student Section??? I've been to a few Columbia games, seeing that my college is near, and the students are HORRIBLE about getting to the "Lions Den" DURING the girls game. :rolleyes: Really, the girls are the #4 team in the state right now. I had rather leave for the boys game than to miss the Lady Lions. ...........................WHAT'S UP??????

:rolleyes: Big wigs? You mean coach Summitt is gonna be there? :unsure:

I did see DeVoe and Nolan Richardson there to see Fred Jenkins and Larry Marks back in the day at the Lions Den. I don't think we'll see Pat tonight. I think Columbia's size will be tough to overcome, but don't discount AA ball in basketball. The Lady Indians can play the game. I remember some years when Mt. Pleasant beat Columbia. Ya'll still play them?