halls vs clinton

primetimeplayer10

this game looks like it will be a good one. both teams are very talented and i think it will come down to the wire. both teams are well coached and the big thing i look for is can halls handle clintons press. the press they run is very well coached and they have the athletes to do it with dye, whitt, and dixon. so it should be a good game does anyone have any predictions.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Clinton's press contain Cameron Sharp, the one-man press breaker.....Cody May could be huge in this game too.....Borum probably tried to tell Halls how to break the press, but when Clinton brings it, it doesn't matter if you know what's coming or not, you still got to execute against their pressure.....Halls by 5....

825530307[/snapback]

Good luck ptp10, I know that you have probably had this game circled on your calender for a while. Best advice for you, try to treat it like any other game. I expect y'all should be able to win this one.

Clinton 88 Halls 84 in OT

Halls missed 3 free throws that I know of in the last minute of regulation and Whitt hit a 3 with 4 seconds left to tie the game. Clinton also had a foul called on them at one point in the game...the clinton kid didn't like the call and got a technical and trey lucas missed the front end of the one and one and cameron only hit 1/2 technicals, plus they didn't score on the possession after the technical. 6, possibly 7 points and they only got 1. That was Huge. Also, Dye and Whitt were really huge for Clinton. I'll be interested to see their totals tomorrow...they both had to have been in the 20s in points. Cody May was big for Halls having at least 5, maybe 6 blocked shots that I can remember. The officiating was a bit questionable in the OT, but I think they pretty much stuck to their extremely tight calling all night long. Both teams were in the double bonus in both halves and I know there were at least 50 total fouls, possibly 60 in the game. Halls had two players foul out. Sharp in regulation and Cantrell in overtime. Borum tried too hard all night long. He hit only one shot, a three and made some free throws but I'd have to say he missed 7 or 8 other 3 point shots. Those 2 games earlier this week really hurt halls, playing them back to back. They were really short on their 3 point shots all night long. They only hit 3 on the night I think and shot a whole lot more. That second Clinton game could be nasty at Clinton next month, especially if seeding is on the line.

Also, Halls didn't generally have too much trouble breaking the Clinton press. There was one instance where it really got too them and Clinton scored 6 quick points I think, but other than that, they didn't do too bad to have seen that press the entire game.

Both teams kindof choked at the end of regulation on freethrows, Trey Shoemaker who led Prep-Xtra in freethrow shooting 100% missed 2 in a row right at the end of the game when it was tied i believe. I also think the officials were pretty good under the circumstances (Halls got more calls i believe in regulation and Clinton in OT) Although i do have to admit Halls didnt get a call they shoudl have gotten w/ about 3 sec left when a Halls player drove the lane and Eric Hensley was all over him. The call wouldnt have changed the outcome i dont believe but still should have probably been called. Both teams hustled and got after loose balls and went on streaks. Im ready to watch the rematch in Clinton. Also Dandrus Whitt came up huge hitting a 3 as time expired in the 3rd and hit the game tying 3 w/ about 4 sec. left.

Whitt with 36 and Dye with 29 (17-19 from the line) lead Clinton and Dixon chips in 14.  Sharp with 26 and May with 19 (boy was he a monster) led Halls.  Both teams had chances to win the game.  Overall, Clinton 27-40 from the line and Halls 23-34.  Very exciting ball game.

825530921[/snapback]

how is halls so good? the defense sounds like it is poor! campbell county held whitt to 15 all game and only 3 in the first half! Is sharp really that good a picture of him looks like he couldnt even bench press the bar (45 lbs) if you didnt know. clinton is a good team and very athletic i would guess that they deserved the game.

Campbell County chose to faceguard Whitt most of the night with no helpside defense coming from his defender; this allowed Dye to go for 32 as he was the beneficiary of the driving lanes opened with this method; Dandrus played within himself for the benefit of the team (bottom line is Clinton won). The CCHSClinton game was also more of a controlled tempo for a half, but the Dragons wore down the Cougars with their pressure.

Halls is more comfortable with an uptempo game, as are the Dragons, so there are more possessions and more opportunities to score. Whitt can flat out score; his average is legit and he scores from the perimeter and by driving. In 21 games, he's been under 20 points three times and all were Clinton wins.

whitt is the best player in east tn. it is not even close between him and fersner. you are right mark he is a flat out scorer. i had a hand in his face most of the time and he was still hitting them. both teams played great. if dandrus doesnot get prepxtra player of the year it will be a joke. he not only scores but does not care to make the extra pass and get a teammate a layup.

whitt is the best player in east tn. it is not even close between him and fersner. you are right mark he is a flat out scorer. i had a hand in his face most of the time and he was still hitting them. both teams played great. if dandrus doesnot get prepxtra player of the year it will be a joke. he not only scores but does not care to make the extra pass and get a teammate a layup.

825531958[/snapback]

classy post ptp10