Beech @ Lipscomb

GoBama

Wilson Central[/url] Dogg' date='Jan 27 2005 - 07:17 PM']I kind of thought about this and I realize that you could never do this against a team like WCHS or teams who play defense like they do because the opponent would be getting turnover after turnover if you were to pass on a pressure defense for 8 minutes.  Technically, you could probably put as much if not more of the blame on the Beech coach if you wanted too.

But like I said before, some 60 second shot clock or something should be established.  Most schools its not about the winning, its the $$$ (And to think otherwise you do not understand the world).  Winning brings fans, and fans bring $$$, and thats why winning is so important, yet only a sub unit to the most important factor.

And exciting or not to stall to 10 pts, to many people, its not. It is a fact that can't be argued..

825540268[/snapback]

It IS exciting. A shot clock would be atrocious for high school basketball. I would much rather see a game like that than a blowout.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new member, beech fan havent got a chance to reply, but now i can and i have to say that the lipscomb game was the biggest waste of gas, money, and time ever. But once again beech proved no matter how you play em they can still win. And one more note, lipscomb fans officially suck, we yell out stuff and the WHOLE gym can hear. Thats ridiculous.

new member, beech fan havent got a chance to reply, but now i can and i have to say that the lipscomb game was the biggest waste of gas, money, and time ever. But once again beech proved no matter how you play em they can still win. And one more note, lipscomb fans officially suck, we yell out stuff and the WHOLE gym can hear. Thats ridiculous.

825542791[/snapback]

Sounds like Lipscomb doesn't have any fans as it is

Or maybe they just left because the game was sooooooo exciting :angry:

Glad to see 2AGuru on the thread, now go back to the library and study (I don't work [well play] 3 different jobs for you to goof off).

The game plan by Coach Pitkens was a brillant game plan that Lipscomb is so well known for.  As for me, I love it.  You see, me and Adolf Rupp, Joe B. Hall, Rick Pitino, (Eddie Sutton doesn't count, wasn't clever enough to cover up the cheating), and Tubby Smith would do the samething if we had to.  I have found memories of UK using every style that have to use to win a game. 

That is the way Lipscomb is, the next game they went out and beat Portland using good ole Lipscomb Basketball.  A good coach uses different game plans against different teams, it is called COACHING.  Anybody can roll a ball out and say "go play".  This is what separates DL from most other schools,  GREAT coaching (which starts at the top with the AD).

Go big Purple!

825539617[/snapback]

Please quit posting. This is not funny. Lame attempt at comedy. Later...

825542791[/snapback]

Lipscomb fans officially suck. Fantastic. Hendersonville also officially suck s. Sorry you are so mad about having to drive to a nice place only to go back to that dump of a city. Next time, stay there.

Edited by hsfball

Please quit posting.  This is not funny.  Lame attempt at comedy.  Later...

Lipscomb fans officially suck.  Fantastic.  Hendersonville also officially suck s.  Sorry you are so mad about having to drive to a nice place only to go back to that dump of a city.  Next time, stay there.

825544609[/snapback]

You just said Lipscomb got beat by a dump. A dump that Lipscomb napped on for 32 minutes.

You got to love it when someone takes a cheap shot at someone and in reality trashes his own school (Though by the way you keep misspelling words and going on in run on sentences maybe I can see why you are trashing it?)

Wilson Central[/url] Dogg' date='Jan 31 2005 - 01:29 AM']You just said Lipscomb got beat by a dump.  A dump that Lipscomb napped on for 32 minutes. 

You got to love it when someone takes a cheap shot at someone and in reality trashes his own school (Though by the way you keep misspelling words and going on in run on sentences maybe I can see why you are trashing it?)

825544671[/snapback]

You just said Lipscomb got beat by a dump.  A dump that Lipscomb napped on for 32 minutes. 

825544671[/snapback]

Wilson Central Dogg, he said, I believe, that the city was a dump, not so much the school. It is a pleasure to know that you interpret his post as trashing of DL. You may enlighten us to your insight if you so desire. (Moving right along to your parenthetical statement: I have reviewed his post and see no run-ons. I see merely one misplaced space, a typing error. However, in your post I see the use of the same pronoun twice in one sentence referring to two different antecedents. That, Grasshopper, is a no-no.)

hoopscoopdre, thanks for your contribution to the boards with that last post.

fanchs, please, please, do not unleash the board Mafia; that may be too much for anyone to handle.

Edited by BombSquad